Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374166 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #690 on: September 18, 2012, 10:58:13 pm »

Hah, apparently you can kill ships after accepting their surrender if you set their ship on fire when they're at low health. I never knew that. ;D
Or if their oxygen is down and they all asphyxiate.

I haven't quite worked out how they manage to surrender 2 seconds before my beams cut their ship in half either. :D
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 18, 2012, 11:02:51 pm »

Just unlocked the Zoltan Cruiser and... my god, it has only one place to vent into space, which is away from 3/4ths of the ship. And the medbay cuts it off from the other sections of the ship. :o

Someone should slap the Zoltans on the upside of the head for making such a poorly designed ship.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »

*still hasn't unlocked anything other than Engi cruiser >.> *
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 18, 2012, 11:10:50 pm »

Well, if you weren't doing so already, search around the home systems. Most of the ships seem to be connected with the home systems.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 18, 2012, 11:18:32 pm »

I have been doing that, when the RNG is kind to me and I pick the right path. Of course, there are still a LOT of systems to look at in each sector and never enough time or fuel to check them all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 18, 2012, 11:32:52 pm »

Argh, I managed to get the crystal crew member, but I didn't make it past the Rock Homeworlds...

I mean, jesus christ, every other star in that system and the one before either had an asteroid field or a supernova. And all the Rockmen ships were packing missile launchers. It was insane!
It was worse for me. I've got the crystal main in the 2nd sector. And there were NO rock sectors after that at all...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 18, 2012, 11:45:10 pm »

Just unlocked the Zoltan Cruiser and... my god, it has only one place to vent into space, which is away from 3/4ths of the ship. And the medbay cuts it off from the other sections of the ship. :o

Someone should slap the Zoltans on the upside of the head for making such a poorly designed ship.

There's the doors in the back of the ship too.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 18, 2012, 11:47:42 pm »

Okay, I feel like I've found a way where can we stick our new ship designs. Currently layout 1 and layout 2 for ships are just different rooms and equipment. I think they are considered to be totally different ships, so potentially we could add as much new ships as there are old ones.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 18, 2012, 11:49:26 pm »

What doors on the back? There's only two on the front right.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 18, 2012, 11:52:51 pm »

What doors on the back? There's only two on the front right.

The corridor above the shield room has four doors leading outside.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 18, 2012, 11:56:00 pm »

Oh, I see them now. Man, for some reason I just couldn't find them. Thanks for telling me where they are.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 18, 2012, 11:57:36 pm »

Lost on stage 2 of the final boss :(  I had the fire weapon!  It was so cool!  But the game utterly denied me from getting better missile launchers or better lasers at all, so I ended up just pinging their shields then just sitting there while they just regenerated them :/

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:42 pm »

Oh, I see them now. Man, for some reason I just couldn't find them. Thanks for telling me where they are.

No worries, it took me a while to find them too. I think I had over one complete play through before I noticed the set of outside doors in the middle of the stealth ship.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 19, 2012, 12:00:46 am »

Got this fairly recently, and I exploded in rage when

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hello Hunam

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 19, 2012, 12:29:08 am »

Bah, I had a nice game going with the rock ship. By the third sector I had 6 rock crewmen, 1 mantis, and 1 human. I was using my crew teleporter and murdering the guys in other ships whenever possible, but I kept encountering drones. I eventually run out of missiles and am unable to escape because it EMP bombed my helm and engines.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 243