Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374297 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2012, 02:19:31 pm »

I have confirmed, it is possible to savescum in this game! Yes!

Of course you can. You also risk your save if done improperly.
Also, as far as I can tell every random event in a sector is pregenerated either as you warp in or even before that. I lost a save and happened to have a backup that I was moving to a different computer. Ever event I had gone through was exactly in the same place. The odds of the RNG doing that on the fly is ridiculously miniscule.
They probably work with the same random event seed. Or did you try a different way through the system.

Anyway in related news. I'm currently on the Torus, equiped with the Ion and a glaive. Lvl 3 shields and some other nice thingies. Energy use is maxed.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2012, 02:26:17 pm »

Finally beat the boss with the stealth cruiser. I kinda like the Federation cruiser, though. The artillery beam's nasty.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »

Died Due to stupidity. Forget you could buy fuel at the shop (I got scrap and ran out of fuel on a shop), resulting in having to wait. The fleet caught up with me and my ship was destroyed. Was a shame, having reached sector 7 and such.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »

I still have to see the boss. I wonder what you guys are doing in this game that you get to last sector. Grinding beacons until last moment before rebels arrive? :P

Speaking of grinding, thanks to Shields-3 on both me and my enemy's ship, I was able to exploitily grind my two humans and engie so that all of them got max Piloting and Engines, and the Engi also mastered Shields. Then I disposed of enemy shield generator with few Artemis missiles I had.

The game punished me painfully for that overgrind in the very next battle.

I had to fight near sun and the very first Solar Flare started fire at my engines, and then a pair of enemy missiles only made it worse. Before I could fix the engines and high-tail from there, the enemy pulverized my hull and ultimately destroyed my ship :v

Well but I got to second-to-last sector and score 2099 points in that one run x3

Died Due to stupidity. Forget you could buy fuel at the shop (I got scrap and ran out of fuel on a shop), resulting in having to wait. The fleet caught up with me and my ship was destroyed. Was a shame, having reached sector 7 and such.

Did you have your distress beacon on? I had to wait several times myself and the fleet never caught up with me before friendly/raider/fuelship visited me first.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 16, 2012, 02:48:23 pm »

I don't think it's that tough to get to the final sector. Some luck, and being careful will do you fine until the boss ship that likes to smash you into puny bits.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #410 on: September 16, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »

Ran out of fuel, got overtook by the Rebel Fleet, Slaughtered the rebel fighter, Took it's Fuel, Flew away like a boss.

Right into a sun. Still damaged from that last battle. No shields. Oxygen, Pilots and Engine got hit by solar flare and went red. Ship exploded.

Goddamnit I love this game xD

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »

Did you have your distress beacon on? I had to wait several times myself and the fleet never caught up with me before friendly/raider/fuelship visited me first.
That was Sector 7, and in fact the second time I ran out of fuel. I was also out of drones, which was a problem since I was using the Torus.

I'd almost made it though, if not for meeting those sadastic snails again.

Oh yeah, I don't do infinitive battle grinding, if avoidable. Nevertheless got all my crew to 2 or one stars. (They were mostly the original crew).

Also, the Glaive beam is awesome. A good shot can instakill most ships.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:03:09 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 16, 2012, 03:12:25 pm »

Armok damn you RNG... just how many times in a row can I miss with every shot I throw... Almost go the flagship this time until I managed to blow up the first form with my two boarders still on it and then went on to get the most epic row of misses ever on the second form.

Managed to unlock the zoltan ship though. Got the cryopod for the second time but no luck getting the event to actually unlock it though.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 16, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »

I dislike the Rock ship, I really do. With no non-missile weapons to start with, that thing is a pain in the ass to play. I do like that Rock plating, though.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 16, 2012, 03:38:43 pm »

I dislike the Rock ship, I really do. With no non-missile weapons to start with, that thing is a pain in the ass to play. I do like that Rock plating, though.
im fine with it, i try to start early with energy weapons so i can ditch missiles.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 16, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »

Woot!  Managed to win Normal mode with the Layout 1 Kestral.  :)  Firebombs are hilarious!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 16, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »

Woot!  Managed to win Normal mode with the Layout 1 Kestral.  :)  Firebombs are hilarious!

Gratz!

Those firebombs are the reason I am interested in trying out the Zoltan ship. If the hardened shield of that ship works the same as the one on the flagship in that it blocks boarders until it is down then I would have a huge advantage since I would have a big chance of hurting any potential borders stacking on the teleport pad or even taking it out entirely before they can even get to me. But that is for tomorrow. Still have one BO3 to watch on the SC2 WCS Europe finals and then sleep for uni :p

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 16, 2012, 04:14:31 pm »

Damn RNG. Unlocking ships is becoming mighty frustrating. I've gone from beginning to end many times without hitting a single blue option in homeworlds or just getting very few homeworlds.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 16, 2012, 04:16:34 pm »

Played about 8 hours.
I unlocked engi ship on my first run, but no clue on unlocking other ships.
This is... getting annoying.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »

I suffocated my first ship. My first *enemy* ship I mean. Feel really prod of myself, even though I pretty much subjected a bunch of sentients to the worst possible death.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 243