Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 372576 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2012, 11:01:37 am »

Played the Demo. Resulted in 2 conclusions.

Totally buying FTl, maybe get the beta

Never, ever going to buy anything on Onlive. The quality is abominable (Like, unreadable text 50% of the time). WHile it's propably because of my wireless connection , I expect more of a 32-52 Mb connection.

As for what happened in my playthrough( If you want to know).

First time I went in random directions, got a second blaster and Defense drones, then jumped into that dangerous star. I took a the drone quickly and managed to power up my jumpdrive, only to realise my only way out was through the enemies scouts. Got blasted to pieces.

Second time I did 2 missions and managed to rescue a federation outpost, netting me an awesome laser and 3 extra crew. Then the demo time ran out.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:01:16 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2012, 03:32:31 pm »

interface could be better.

I couldn't for the life of me find out how to get to power that third shield level I purchased, all I had was this 'need upgrade' message from the bottom bar and nothing else.

If you hover your mouse over the upgrade shield button, it mentions that every 2 power bars adds an extra hit your shield can take.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »

I couldn't for the life of me find out how to get to power that third shield level I purchased, all I had was this 'need upgrade' message from the bottom bar and nothing else.

If you hover your mouse over the upgrade shield button, it mentions that every 2 power bars adds an extra hit your shield can take.

yes, but I cannot enable past the second power bar

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »

yes, but I cannot enable past the second power bar

Did you have 3 or 4 shield power bars?
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

3 bars

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2012, 03:53:00 pm »

3 bars
You get 1 shield every 2 bars. So in order to get 2  shields you need 4 bars.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2012, 04:24:39 pm »

I managed to do a good chunk of damage to the Impossible Pirate.

Pegasus missiles, woo.
"My Little Space Marine"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 07:56:09 pm »

Yeah, I hit the IP with a couple artemis missiles. Then I died. I only had enough time because lolfourshields and full health.

I remember finding Pegasus missiles just floating in space somewhere and being all,"Oh shit, that's awesome."
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:53 pm »

Arghness!
Why are all the neat kickstarters happening now, when I don't really have the monies for them all >.< This is awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 08:56:42 pm »

I think I could beat the IP if the demo didn't have a time limit. Curse you OnLive!
"My Little Space Marine"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2012, 12:34:13 pm »

OnLive decided that Phenom II X4 system with 4 GB of RAM was 'low power' and that 5 Mb/s of internet connection is not enough. Besides, it didn't want to download on my XP 64-bit, forcing me to download it through a virtual 32-bit. However, it installed just fine on the main system. WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY DO THAT?!

Okay, now to the good thing. FTL was the best game I've seen since Spacechem a year ago. What's the most reliable way to fix hull? Are there going to be any ship modules in full game to repair the hull? Or to generate missiles and drone parts, for that matter. Going to shop every time you run low seems kinda stupid.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 12:49:32 pm »

tutorial says hull can be only repaired in store, dunno if it's a demo thing or if it will be final.

doesn't get a bit repetitive after a while?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2012, 08:37:02 am »

Almost beat the final ship.

You can neutralize everything cept missiles with 3 shields and 15% faster shield recharge. And since their ship doesnt have a medbay, you can just wear em down with missiles. Sadly, I ran out of missiles just as I had killed 3 dudes and there was only one remaining. And I dont think I would have survived so long without a defense droid shooting down missiles.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2012, 12:34:27 pm »

15% faster shield recharge
Wait what.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2012, 03:18:12 pm »

15% faster shield recharge
Wait what.
Its a augmentation that you can buy at a store.
Its pretty expensive though.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 243