Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374243 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #480 on: September 17, 2012, 06:03:47 am »

Though you did sustain quite a beating taking it down. I just spammed my lasers into it's Shield systems and it went down in no time. The Weatherlight's hull didn't even go below green levels!

(Then again I WAS playing on Easy... but the game is still ridiculously hard otherwise, I really lucked out finding all those lasers.)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 17, 2012, 06:05:28 am »

I didn't even fire my burst lasers, cloak, or do anything the final battle besides activate drones. I just went for a water while the ship's passive tore the rebel flagship apart. :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 17, 2012, 06:47:31 am »

I
I finally did it!
I beat that asshole boss (on easy but still).
My 8th attempt apparently... got real lucky, had two +15% weapon recharge and the +10% scrap device in... sector 3 I think?
Got a teleporter even earlier, and though I got no mantises, my team of 4 human marines kicked all the ass (and recovered almost all the ships)
I even got a flame-beam for the first time, and had a lot of fun with that.  Heheh, fire.  Got the achievement almost by accident.
Unlocked the stealth-ship too.  It was close, the rebel fleet was right behind me!

I got half my 4-man team slaughtered off the bat due to the flagship's blast doors, but after that... it went okay.  Some surprises but it was never too close.  The killbot breaching life support was the closest it came, I had to juggle crew through my level 3 medibay because the whole ship was depressurized.  If I hadn't got the nano-healing upgrade from the Engi then I certainly would have lost crew.

First time I used drones on the Kestrel, and I have to admit they're useful.  Had a defence mark 2 but the hull repair drone was amazing, since the map (as literally always for me) made the repair stations impossible to retreat to.

Anyway, I did this instead of sleeping so now I'm gonna go.  ;D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2012, 08:45:57 am »

Oh, do you folks know you can get the engi healing thingy playing as a non-Torus ship? It's one of the things where an outpost is under attack. Afterwards you get three options: give some scrap, give a bunch of stuff, and walk away. Giving a bunch gets you the healing aug

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2012, 09:26:48 am »

Yeah, I try to grab it every time. Expensive, but so awesome.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 17, 2012, 10:37:39 am »

This game is way too much fun.  I wasted an entire weekend on it.   :P

I think I'll need to restrict myself to only one game a day so I can keep up with my other games.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:39:56 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:13 am »

Fun game, but I get irrationally mad at it. I mean computer through the wall mad. Some normal encounter feel really out of dept, like 4 weapons + drones + boarders + 4 shields :o better hope you can warp before they break your engines. And the boss need some specific build for some phase or it's pretty much impossible, which is sad because it makes a successful run ruined if you did not stumble on the right stuff.

It's not so much the difficulty as the total luck factor of it that irks me I think.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20:03 am »

Oh, do you folks know you can get the engi healing thingy playing as a non-Torus ship? It's one of the things where an outpost is under attack. Afterwards you get three options: give some scrap, give a bunch of stuff, and walk away. Giving a bunch gets you the healing aug

I've played about 15h now, but I've only ever gotten this event once. Is my RNG broken, or am I missing something?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2012, 11:34:24 am »

Picked this up over the weekend. Fun game! And kind of addictive...

Not that good at it yet, furthest I've gotten is 5 or 6 sectors in. But it's been interesting learning how things work and finding out good strategies.

Having lots of crew seems to be key for me. All of my really good sessions were ones where I got extra crew early.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:21 am »

I've been going at it for days now, hammering a way, and I can /still/ only get five sectors in, so... :P

(This is on normal though, on easy I imagine its easier)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:38:01 am by GlyphGryph »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:47 am »

Having lots of crew seems to be key for me. All of my really good sessions were ones where I got extra crew early.

Yeah, I agree.  My games always seem to go so much better when I get a lot of crew early.  If nothing else it gives me meat shields for when the mantis-men teleport in. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:50 am »

Has anyone done the cryopod sequence to the end yet?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2012, 11:52:01 am »

Yeah, I agree.  My games always seem to go so much better when I get a lot of crew early.  If nothing else it gives me meat shields for when the mantis-men teleport in. 
Even better is when it gives you mantis-men to teleport.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:07 am »

i had a teleport event came in. i was fighting against 2 rockmen, 4 humans and 1 mantis while fighting against a fully armed ship with full staff to boot. Fuck you game.

(i did win in the end, with only 3 crewmember :P)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 243