Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 372814 times)

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #3315 on: April 27, 2014, 10:07:53 pm »

What, they can miss when the enemy ship has zero evasion? That's bullcrap.

AFAIK the way it works is this:
Flak shots cannot miss shields
Any flak shot that hits the shields will "miss" the ship itself, what actually happens is that it already did its damage.
Flak shots that scatter and don't hit a room will do nothing
Flak shots that both hit a room, and don't hit the shields, have the standard miss chance.

I assume swarm missiles have the same process but without the first two steps.
Well that sucks, especially since swarm missles only do one damage each but take longer than the double shot missile, and one sec less than the breach. both of those do 4 with the double missile having a better chance getting through a defense drone

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: April 27, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »

What, they can miss when the enemy ship has zero evasion? That's bullcrap.

AFAIK the way it works is this:
Flak shots cannot miss shields
Any flak shot that hits the shields will "miss" the ship itself, what actually happens is that it already did its damage.
Flak shots that scatter and don't hit a room will do nothing
Flak shots that both hit a room, and don't hit the shields, have the standard miss chance.

I assume swarm missiles have the same process but without the first two steps.
Well that sucks, especially since swarm missles only do one damage each but take longer than the double shot missile, and one sec less than the breach. both of those do 4 with the double missile having a better chance getting through a defense drone

I like the swarm missiles. Pretty much the only missile weapon I tolerate. If only because imitating the boss's triple missile launcher makes me feel like a god.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: April 27, 2014, 10:35:12 pm »

If only you could power a charge ion, hull laser 2, swarm and halberd beam all at the same time...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:57 pm »

If only you could power a charge ion, hull laser 2, swarm and halberd beam all at the same time...

I actually recall a mod on the FTL forums which allowed you to play as the Rebel Flagship. It sounded really interesting. Not sure its AE compatible, but its food for thought.
Spooky Signature

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: April 27, 2014, 11:06:50 pm »

Actually, replace the hull 2 with a burst 2 and downgrade the halberd beam to a pike and you can achieve a flagship-style loadout, just with a bit less beam (in exchange for slightly faster missiles and significantly faster everything else).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: April 27, 2014, 11:29:15 pm »

Just did my first hard run for the first time with the kerbal A, got to sector 5 and was in the slug sector using the basic weapons from the start (Just got an hull smasher II but didnt have the power to change my missle weapon to it) then, just as I run out of fuel, I run into an ship with 4 shields and weapons that can go though my ship.

Good bye first run of hard mode, Every thing before that moment was cool until that bullshit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: April 28, 2014, 01:09:23 am »

I'd be interested in a mod that made most ships into flagship style ships with multiple weapons bays.  The only real problem would be that I think the 8 crew limit is hardcoded.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:14 am »

The Pegasus Missile takes one more power than Swarm, of course it will do more damage.  Sarm has the very relevant option of taking down enemy weapons before they get a chance to fire, though.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: April 28, 2014, 05:54:41 pm »

I tried the Zoltan C again and made a discovery. I just won a fight, but life support was destroyed, and the ship had run out of air. Everyone died. Fortunately, Clone Bay! But the trip to life support from the clone bay is really long, and so ven with a fully levelled clone bay, the crew suffocates before starting to repair the oxygen bay before the next clone can arrive. I managed to jump to a store and buy a rockman to repair life support, but I had to sell my ion. This ship is probably doomed.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 28, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »

So I just reached the Flagship with the Lonely Donut. What exactly is Engi C made to accomplish?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: April 28, 2014, 06:05:46 pm »

It starts with a defense scrambler, which opens up some otherwise untenable strategies.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 28, 2014, 07:02:29 pm »

Its basically the hacking ship.  You know that your hacking system will work on every ship, including the flagship's second form, so it allows you to commit more heavily to hacking.

Its also just solid.  Three crew, a powerful augment, two very desirable systems right from the beginning.  Its main weakness is that both those systems use drone parts, but starting with 25 drone parts mostly negates this weakness.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: April 28, 2014, 07:29:47 pm »

I'm in what must be the most protracted boss fight I've ever had. I'm Mantis C and I have 3 Mantis and a Lanius as boarders. As I jump next to the Rebel Flagship, it immediately hacks my shields, but my cloak negates anything more then superficial damage before my boarders kill all the weapons but triple laser[Got to leave one crew alive]. Then I spend about 20 minutes and around that number of missiles[For my Stun Bomb.] trying to assassinate the enemy crew. Then I realized that if I just left them there, the Laniu's death aura would kill 1-2 crew before they got injured and I had to beam them out to heal them. I had to go to all that trouble because I'd sold my Lockdown Bomb for the Rejuvenating Teleport thing. The second phases passed pretty quickly. I went to a repair station for heal up, so I was at full. I took out their weapons like last time and cloaked through the power surges. Then I killed all their non-Oxygen systems and began pummeling them with my Hull Laser. The 3rd stage isn't much more dangerous, but I'm STILL on it. I have Zoltan Shield Bypass, so the shield wasn't a problem. After killing all their systems, I still had to deal a bunch of hull damage. So I autofired the Hull Laser at an empty room. So far I've gotten a couple hits through the shield before the Flagship put it back up again. This is going to be the most anticlimactic and tedious victory ever. But there's no real doubt I'm going to win. Eventually.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 243