Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 374331 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2012, 05:06:35 pm »

I am jealous :P

I almost won with a mark 1 and mark 2 laser, an emp bomb, and a mark 1 attack drone.  I did have level 4 shields, though... which may have been overkill, I should have improved my engines more because it was missiles that hurt the worst.  Bombs too occasionally (which CAN be dodged).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2012, 05:08:36 pm »

I definitely recommend grabbing cloak for the final boss. If only to avoid his missile storm.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2012, 05:36:47 pm »

I recommend grabbing either A) A teleporter (and at least two crew that can attack) or B) A breach MK II bomb. Otherwise there is no real way to avoid all the damage and take out the ship without taking tons of damage over time.
I could see doing it with a shield 4 and cloak 2+ without THAT much trouble, but that's crazy expensive and a teleporter or breach bomb is much cheaper and simpler.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2012, 05:39:23 pm »

If you managed to unlock the second variant of the mantis ship, it comes with a lulzworthy 4-man teleporter. You can basically teleport your entire crew onto the enemy ship.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:00 pm »

So on my 3rd semi-successful run (as in, not getting killed at first two sectors), I went to second-to-last sector. And there, Eoin the Weapon Operatress died from fires and cutting laser that cut the ship and especially the weapon control room where she resided.
I had to run off as I spent all my breach missiles and systems were getting shot at faster than I could retaliate. Next jump point - raider ship...

While AG Vader, Vincent and Reagan tried to patch shields, an ion bolt disabled the remaining shields and then cutting beam and green laser bolt exploded the ship. Rest in pieces, USS Magenta v:

Also look, I made a meme picture :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

Also look, I made a meme picture :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mantises. Mantises everywhere.
I wonder if the mantises got inspired by enders game(the books)

So i went to pick a fight with the boss in the Fed cruiser, equipped with s. bomb, fire bomb, hull missile and 3 shot hull laser.
First and second stage was a breeze, barely took any hull damage at all.
But it was too easy which made me derp when the super shield came up in the third stage. The first salvo hit my weapon systems and disabled the laser and i simply didn't think of disabling the other weapons so that i could use the laser to break the shield until it was too late.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:47 pm »

So I just found this game when my inbox suddenly filled with numerous videos from people uploading lets plays and what have you of it. It looked good enough that it was the fourthish game I actually bought in years and because its what I do, I am going to do some videos of it. I already have the video of me going through the tutorial because I had not seen anyone else do that yet. I also have a couple videos that need processing where I get farther than I thought I would in my first game.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2012, 09:11:20 pm »

Fire in the medbay = The end.

You can't heal because you need to fix the medbay first. You can't fix th medbay yet because you need to put out the fire.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2012, 09:18:04 pm »

Fire in the medbay = The end.

You can't heal because you need to fix the medbay first. You can't fix th medbay yet because you need to put out the fire.
Rock dudes are immune to fire.
It is quite usefull.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »

Are any of the dudes immune to suffocation cause that seems like a reliable way to suppress fire and intruders all at once.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #325 on: September 15, 2012, 09:24:04 pm »

I could be mistaken, but i think the Mantis might be immune to suffocation. Again, i could be wrong, but i don't recall seeing them take damage the few times i've vented the rooms to try and do some damage.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 15, 2012, 09:38:35 pm »

Are any of the dudes immune to suffocation cause that seems like a reliable way to suppress fire and intruders all at once.
The boarding drones are immune to it. Mantis aren't.

The worst part about the drones is that when they breach, they make a nice big hole for themselves... so if you want to kill them... you have to solve that oxygen problem.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 15, 2012, 09:46:56 pm »

Indeed. The one time I've had to suffer a boarding drone, I shut its drone control system down immediately and destroyed the enemy ship, but then my crew had to take a few trips to the airless room to shoot the defunct drone to death before they could fix the breach.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 15, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »

You are mistaken, it just takes a while for the room to vent properly and them to start taking damage (when there is a yellow outline around the room people start to suffocation).
The bots are immune to suffocation (personnel drone, boarding drone, repair drone), but they are pretty useless overall (compared to regular crew members at least, or attack/defense drone).

Fire in medbay-> Vent out medbay-> Wait till fires go out-> Press "close all doors" button (to close the doors to space)-> Press "Open all doors button" (which won't open the doors to space).
You don't really need to open the doors, but it does help it equalize a little faster (which won't really matter, but it might help by a second or two).
Obviosuly that doesn't work if there are a bunch of enemies on board, but as long as you have doors upgraded you should be able to get them with strategic venting (eg. having the door they are trying to break into already vented, so when they break in they have no oxygen there).

The two best anti boarding ships IMHO are the A) Zoltan ship (its super sheild allows you to stop boarders until its down and have all the non-crewed rooms vented if you see a teleporter on their ship, break through your sheild and tele on you can just trap them in the vented rooms), plus it starts with Doors 2 B) Engi ship, its global heal is super useful for fighting boarders and surviving oxygen problems.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 15, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »

Yay, Engi-crewman allowed me to take special Engi-sector storyline.

Now I have a Stealth Cruiser c:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 243