Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373583 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #2010 on: January 15, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »

Infinite space: Beaten.

Fed cruiser with three burst 2's and a pike beam beats the fully processed tar out of everything. Still waiting on a fourth burst 2 for god mode.

I have one of every race + zoltan, and unfortunetly only the engi medi bot healing for a combat augment. (Others are long range scanners and scrap recovery arm.) crystal and mantis as anti boarders, engi on repairs. three shield and max -1 engines.

Barring infrequent trips to a s hop for hull repair from errant missles and FUCKING DRONES THAT SHOOT MISSLES I've killed two minibosses relatively painlessly.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Trintignant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 16, 2013, 12:27:28 am »

FUCKING DRONES THAT SHOOT MISSLES

From the context of your post, am I to understand that you are not talking about defense drones, which shoot missiles, but rather some manner of monstrous device that ejects missiles from its orifice, pummeling the everloving crap out of your hull as it hovers about your ship, manically cackling at the utter failure of your shields to protect you from its onslaught?

Because if so, I believe I am obliged to say holy shit, good sir.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 16, 2013, 12:34:56 am »

Indeed.

And then I recieved one. Two power for a drone that shoots missles every... 6 or seven seconds. And then anything that it could be useful on had a level 2 defence drone. Which immediantly shot down my missles.

Rage.

Anyway I got my fourth Burst 2, I got a crystal vengence augment and... something else... hrm...

Oh thats right,  a weapon pre-igniter.

I am just blowing the everloving shit outta everything and man it is carthartic as hell.

There was also a crystal burst + weapon which fired three crystals for two power like the burst two, but it fucked up my volley timing and I decided it wasn't worth it. Trying to find a replacement for crystal vengance. Tomorrow, anyway.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 16, 2013, 12:43:55 am »

Okay, my infinite space has GOT to be broken. I haven't seen anything cool or any minibosses. It's just... boring stuff.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 16, 2013, 12:45:37 am »

How far have you gotten? Usually you go past four sectors before a miniboss. They pop up right when you enter a new sector.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 16, 2013, 12:47:54 am »

I think this is my fifth sector.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 16, 2013, 12:49:40 am »

Try getting better weapons, upgrading your ship then, I guess?

Does it automatically move you a sector when you reach the exit or are you shown a map?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 16, 2013, 12:51:40 am »

automagic.

My ship is basically max upgraded, and I've yet to come across a shop that sells decent stuff but my starting glaive and reward MKIII Burst Laser generally see me through an entire zone with 2 damage or less.

Edit:
HAH, FINALLY.

Of course, I just basically skipped an entire sector, but whatever.

Edit2:
Well, that was disappointing. He did NOT survive the first volley. :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:55:28 am by GlyphGryph »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 16, 2013, 01:09:19 am »

Odd. Keep blasting through exits, your bound to find one.

Edit to see your edits: You bastard. cheatin' glaive beam.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 16, 2013, 01:12:38 am »

Woot, another miniboss after the next jump!

Do they happen each time now? That would be super nice.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 16, 2013, 01:13:04 am »

Basically yes.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 16, 2013, 06:35:56 am »

Infinite space hmmm, i must get that. Can you fight somewhere the end boss from nonmoded game, is that boss now the miniboss?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:31 pm »

Don't know if it was added by Infinite Space or if it's vanilla, but I just ran across a slug-whatever who asked how many moons were in the system. Needless to say, I failed to read the necessary fluff and failed the question. He snuck aboard my ship and stole stuff. Half my fuel, some of my missiles, all my scrap, and all + 1 of my drone parts. How do you even have -1 drone parts?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 16, 2013, 02:18:05 pm »

Don't know if it was added by Infinite Space or if it's vanilla, but I just ran across a slug-whatever who asked how many moons were in the system. Needless to say, I failed to read the necessary fluff and failed the question. He snuck aboard my ship and stole stuff. Half my fuel, some of my missiles, all my scrap, and all + 1 of my drone parts. How do you even have -1 drone parts?
That's vanilla. I've had it happen before, but answered correctly. I believe he joins your crew if that happens.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 16, 2013, 07:32:12 pm »

Making a run with the Stealth Ship, mostly to unlock the B side. First beacon has a rebel ship I dispatch handily. Right before they would be destroyed, they make their surrender offer- a bit of fuel, a pittance of scrap... and a Weapon Pre-Igniter.

ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT

EDIT: Second beacon has a ship that, upon being thrashed, offers a Defense Drone I and a pile of Fuel. I'm not sure what I did to make the RNG like me, but I need to do it all the time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:33:49 pm by monk12 »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 243