Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373663 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #1830 on: December 16, 2012, 05:36:21 am »

Is there any way to cheat to get the crystal ship?

Ive got more than 40 hours logged but have never even had a chance to get it.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 16, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

I think I have 10 hours on FTL, and I have the engi, the stealth and the crystal. None of the other  :D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 16, 2012, 12:55:23 pm »

There's a file running around with full unlock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 16, 2012, 12:57:17 pm »

There's a file running around with full unlock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 16, 2012, 07:45:43 pm »

I've got the Federation Cruiser, Engi, Slug, and Zolton ships. Nothing else, despite trying multiple times.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 16, 2012, 07:47:42 pm »

Wow, the amount of possible generic events is shockingly lacking for non-aligned systems or I'm just incredibly unlucky.

I think I've run into the same pirate-chasing-civilian 2 choice event 4-5 times now in the first sector in the same game. Not even a change of text for the most part or at all.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 26, 2012, 03:08:51 pm »

Wow, the amount of possible generic events is shockingly lacking for non-aligned systems or I'm just incredibly unlucky.

I think I've run into the same pirate-chasing-civilian 2 choice event 4-5 times now in the first sector in the same game. Not even a change of text for the most part or at all.

The number of generic events isn't staggeringly large, but its not nearly that bad.  There's probably like 20-30 events just for encountering pirates in civilian sectors, although a lot of them are obvious choices (I'm not handing a crew member over to slavers, thank you very much) or a rewording of "a pirate attacks you".  So I'd say you're unlucky.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 26, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

Keep in mind that many events have multiple, randomly-chosen outcomes. So even if you get identical events, you might get radically different results.

In unrelated-but-awesome news, I beat the rebel flagship last night with the Bulwark (rock cruiser) and unlocked the mantis cruiser in the same run. Now I just need the Crystal cruiser...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 26, 2012, 03:28:16 pm »

Ooh I just noticed there's a new (for me anyway) patch as of about Dec 19, looks like some small fixes + hotkeys ahhhhh nice.  But I got it through gog and their version of the patch is screwy so I have to uninstall and reinstall or some crap, bleh I'll get to it in a couple of days :p 

Thanks for nothing gog, you already take your good sweet time on patches and now you make the experience MUCH worse than just buying direct or through Steam - I'll make sure I check those first when I want a game :(
/gogrant off

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 26, 2012, 04:11:37 pm »

I've got almost everything except the Federation Cruiser and the B layouts for most ships.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:08 pm »

Likewise, though I have the Mantis B, Kestrel B, and Zoltran B but not the Slug or Crystal ships.

Have to say the Mantis B is comically overpowered if you get a full raiding crew + a pilot early on, since you can completely overrun anything so long as you bring a bomb and decent defense equipment.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 27, 2012, 04:20:16 am »

Ooh I just noticed there's a new (for me anyway) patch as of about Dec 19, looks like some small fixes + hotkeys ahhhhh nice.  But I got it through gog and their version of the patch is screwy so I have to uninstall and reinstall or some crap, bleh I'll get to it in a couple of days :p 

Thanks for nothing gog, you already take your good sweet time on patches and now you make the experience MUCH worse than just buying direct or through Steam - I'll make sure I check those first when I want a game :(
/gogrant off

It's just you. I downloaded the version 2.0.0.7 installer, uninstall old one, install new version, done.

Whenever it's available on GoG, I go there. GoG's no DRM policy wins my money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 27, 2012, 08:18:00 am »

Err... at least in this case, the normal version had no DRM either. o_O

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 27, 2012, 11:39:07 am »

It's still a nice policy, though.
I'm surprised they even have a system for patches.  I thought it was only for, you know, old games.  They seemed to do a great job at making sure ancient games would run on modern windows (I had much better results than with Steam for that).

On topic... I haven't played in a while, but I was stuck searching for the crystal ship.  Any hints on what I have to do?  I was using the Rock missile-ship just in case but I hope that's not required.  Acquiring energy weapons can be hit-or-miss.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 27, 2012, 01:10:47 pm »

It's still a nice policy, though.
I'm surprised they even have a system for patches.  I thought it was only for, you know, old games.  They seemed to do a great job at making sure ancient games would run on modern windows (I had much better results than with Steam for that).

On topic... I haven't played in a while, but I was stuck searching for the crystal ship.  Any hints on what I have to do?  I was using the Rock missile-ship just in case but I hope that's not required.  Acquiring energy weapons can be hit-or-miss.

Rock ship isn't needed, but they've got an achievement for getting the Crystal ship, and they've also got a slightly easier time of it - with their rock armor, you're garanteed to be able to retrive the Crystal stasis pod when you get the event.

I don't know how spoilery you want to go, but the path of actions you need is:
More Spoilery:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Less Spoilery:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll want to search the systems as much as possible to get what you want. On the run I got the Crystal ship, I ended up having to fight through the Rebel fleet in two different systems, since I had to fly past the exit before I found what I needed.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:18:37 pm by AlStar »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 243