Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373705 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #1740 on: October 13, 2012, 12:57:27 am »

...There's only five total options. How in the world do you screw that event up ten times?
Forgetting which options you chose the previous times? I only got that event maybe once every ten games, so I'd often forget :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 13, 2012, 01:09:49 pm »

I guessed right the first time because I had been watching a lot of Voyager  :P
I said "war is always bad mkay" instead of suggesting the rebels move elsewhere, which is the kind of nonconstructive idealism the Zoltans were looking for.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 13, 2012, 11:35:43 pm »

GODAMN WINDOW AUTOUPDATES.
I go away from the computer for 10 minutes, I come back and its restarted.

I was literally halfway through form 3 of the boss, had (accidentally) killed all the crew, had broken down the shield, destroyed the shield room, and taken out both turrets.

And it would have been a glorious win, at the end I had +1000 spare scrap (on normal) which I had been saving up, granted, it isn't quite as impressive since it was the ridiculously amazing crystal cruiser, but it would have still been great.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:54 am »

Well... don't set Windows to update automatically? The first thing I do when I install Windows is to change the autoupdate to "notify only".

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 14, 2012, 02:41:23 am »

Well... don't set Windows to update automatically? The first thing I do when I install Windows is to change the autoupdate to "notify only".

I'm convinced that Windows is evil simply because it is always at the worst time that it wants to autoupdate.

It knows.
Also often called Boowells.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1745 on: October 14, 2012, 03:08:30 am »

Well I feel like I accomplished something. I managed to hit 6 different areas with the hull beam, 2 of which where empty rooms so I managed 8 damage, none of which was resisted by the silly rock ship.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 14, 2012, 10:37:35 am »

Why would you allow Windows to restart itself without your permission?!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:14:13 am by BigD145 »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:25 am »

I made it to the final boss on normal and lost after I blew one of its wings off. Now I don't really want to play any more.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 14, 2012, 11:25:26 am »

Why would you allow Windows to restart itself without your permission?!
I have windows update set to only update on shutdown.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #1749 on: October 14, 2012, 08:32:27 pm »

I've managed to beat the game for the 2 times in a row on normal and both were my first wins. First win was with the Kestrel with 2 burst lasers II and an Ion bomb. Second win was with the Engi Cruiser with Ion Blast II, Ion Blast I, Hull Laser I and Anti-ship I. Both were recorded.

Parts 3 and 4 is the Kestrel win and parts 5 and 6 in the Engi win.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 14, 2012, 09:17:35 pm »

I made it to the final boss on normal and lost after I blew one of its wings off. Now I don't really want to play any more.

Same here. And the worst thing is that i cheated and gave myself something like 50k scraps at the beginning, getting all the upgrades and everything i wanted from stores. I guess i should have went back for repairs instead of chasing the boss...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 15, 2012, 05:23:17 am »

I'm convinced that Windows is evil simply because it is always at the worst time that it wants to autoupdate.

It knows.

it has been the second tuesday for a fairly long time now  ;D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 15, 2012, 06:57:39 am »

Same here. And the worst thing is that i cheated and gave myself something like 50k scraps at the beginning, getting all the upgrades and everything i wanted from stores. I guess i should have went back for repairs instead of chasing the boss...

Hull drone. If you want want to avoid stupid boss deaths, it is the go-to technology. Don't have it equipped during the actual battle, of course, if you have combat drones available, but swap out after each fight and repair up to full.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11:07 am »

EDIT: oh, and the only thing boarding is useful for is taking out the weapons. can't destroy anything else on the ship, too many people and a medbay, so they keep cycling the guys.
Blow up the medbay

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: October 18, 2012, 11:26:27 am »

They really don't fix the medbay that fast.  During the time it takes them to fix it you can at least destroy key systems like doors.  And if that doesn't work then wait until their men go back to heal then attack the medbay - even if the medbay is ultimately repaired they'll still lose those two men due to the missile/bomb damage.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 243