Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373809 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #1485 on: October 02, 2012, 01:50:03 am »

I used to work in a library. Simple alphabetical order doesn't bother me :P

Anyway, I think I'm on track towards unlocking the slug ship. I got a quest marker from a slug pirate who would have given me the bio-beam, but I heard that you needed to defeat the quest ship in a certain way. Is that true or not?
You need either a Long Range Scanner or a Slug crewmember to even have a chance of succeeding.

Then make sure you pick option 2 when you get there. Don't charge at first, you'll fail.

Then pick a blue option and do your best.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 02, 2012, 01:53:03 am »

I do have a slug crewmember, thankfully :P

Wish me luck! I think the quest is actually in the next sector, as there are no markers in this one.

EDIT: Success! Once I managed to get a good slice with the Halberd Beam, it was easy.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:01:35 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:28 am »

ARGH. I FINALLY got the Stealth ship quest, but died to a Auto Assault with a beam and anti-ship drone, a missile weapon, and a basic laser with 2 points of shield in an asteroid field.

Goddamn RNG.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 02, 2012, 02:48:37 am »

On second phase of boss fight with the same Zolton Cruiser. Will my Burst Laser II, Halberd Beam, Fire Beam, and Leto Missile be able to do enough damage fast enough? Keep in mind I only have two layers of shields and no cloak or boarding :P

EDIT: Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. Holy crap, I don't think I've ever died quite so quickly to the dronespam xD
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:50:55 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 02, 2012, 03:17:53 am »

Ahaha! I FINALLY GOT THE STEALTH SHIP. Woo, I finally have a new toy!

Also, did you guys know that the official forums have new modding boards now?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 02, 2012, 03:28:43 am »

I'm checking in with official forums all the time :)

Matthew is cool and helpful develpoer :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 02, 2012, 04:02:52 am »

Holy crap. Did you guys know that on the third form, the boss can decide to recharge the Zoltan-style shields instead of firing a bunch of shots? I just had mine do that.

Also, NOOOOOO! My full shield, max power, beam drone, anti-ship drone, 45% evade, Burst Laser MKIII, Ion Blast MKII, fully crewed Engi ship lost on the last boss form!

I knew I would be in trouble when I went to battle with 3/4ths health. But there was nothing I could do about that. Oh well. Still, good 4008 points, an achievement, and a ship unlock. I'm not gonna complain.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:07:17 am by Tarran »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 02, 2012, 04:10:35 am »

Holy crap. Did you guys know that on the third form, the boss can decide to recharge the Zoltan-style shields instead of firing a bunch of shots? I just had mine do that.

Also, NOOOOOO! My full shield, max power, beam drone, anti-ship drone, 45% evade, Burst Laser MKIII, Ion Blast MKII, fully crewed Engi ship lost on the last boss form!

I knew I would be in trouble when I went to battle with 3/4ths health. But there was nothing I could do about that. Oh well. Still, good 4008 points, an achievement, and a ship unlock. I'm not gonna complain.
Yes, ion blast should make short work of it.

Anyway, think I'm rather bad at it. 80 games, 2 times to boss, 1 win(and that was the first and only game I played on easy).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 02, 2012, 04:12:09 am »

So you just killed by third form that had basically 5HP more than normally?

You were woefully underprepared, then O.o

Unless you mean it recharged Supershield several times, then, mea culpa. It really screws up people.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 02, 2012, 04:15:51 am »

Yes, ion blast should make short work of it.
Your reading abilities have failed you.

So you just killed by third form that had basically 5HP more than normally?

You were woefully underprepared, then O.o

Unless you mean it recharged Supershield several times, then, mea culpa. It really screws up people.
So you're saying that my loadout that I posted that crushed 4-shield ships is woefully underprepared?

It recharged once. Also, I'm pretty sure that the bonus shield has more than 5 HP. Not only is the bar bigger, but I recall it needing more shots.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:23:49 am by Tarran »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 02, 2012, 04:26:09 am »

It recharged on my last successful run, at Phase 3, too, and I haven't really died... Well, must've been back luck though v:
SigFlags!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 02, 2012, 04:31:28 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's bad luck combined with a bit of me being a little overwhelmed. For example, as I said, the RNG didn't give me any favors on repair stations, so I was damaged as I entered the first fight. And even though I focused both my weapons on the missile launcher and both my drones were active, I could only damage the missile launcher and not destroy it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 02, 2012, 04:52:20 am »

The boss Zoltan shield has 10 hp. Shouldn't be a problem if you took down the missiles and are equiped with a basic cloak

Yes, but ion blast should make short work of it.
I just forgot a single word.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 02, 2012, 04:59:57 am »

The boss Zoltan shield has 10 hp. Shouldn't be a problem if you took down the missiles and are equiped with a basic cloak
I didn't have a cloak. And like I said I put everything onto the missiles. It still only got damaged.

Also, don't forget that the game can screw you over if it wants to no matter how well you prepare.

No, it still doesn't work. You're saying it like I'm just entering the boss, rather than after having lost to it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 02, 2012, 05:06:42 am »

No, it still doesn't work. You're saying it like I'm just entering the boss, rather than after having lost to it.

It was an answer to this question:
Did you guys know that on the third form, the boss can decide to recharge the Zoltan-style shields instead of firing a bunch of shots?

Edit: Also, really. 5 turns with distress call on and not a single ship comes into range.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:40:07 am by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 243