Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Idea on Attraction: Intellectual Attraction  (Read 6711 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Idea on Attraction: Intellectual Attraction
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 08:41:22 pm »

See that is the problem, people hear 'attraction' and they assume a sexual, exclusive relationship with their gender of choice.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »

think I understand the feeling because in my first year of college, I was infatuated with a particular girl. The infatuation eventually passed, but I kept finding her attractive and interesting. (Nothing came out of it, for the record, we didn't even particularily get along. But I did find her attractive ina physical way, and interesting, even if our getting along was tense and not too friendly, otherwise
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 06:59:23 am »

See that is the problem, people hear 'attraction' and they assume a sexual, exclusive relationship with their gender of choice.

Over generalisation? Plus, I don't think many people would assume any such a thing, or at least openly/knowingly admit it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 07:13:00 am »

In my mind, attraction /= relationship. attraction leads to one, if acted upon, or sometimes it doesn't.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 08:11:02 am »

Sure, attraction doesn't only mean romantic relationships. I know that too. I thought we are talking about relationships. I didn't just go "Attraction? You mean sex and stuff?" when I first read it :P

Intellectual Attraction, being attracted to a person because they are interesting but perhaps without any real emotional investments from yourself,
Pages: 1 [2]