Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: diplomat of the dark lord  (Read 522 times)

agambadi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
diplomat of the dark lord
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:17:16 am »

I was scared yet hyped when I first saw that a demon had arrived at my fortress, I thought that it would be a true test of my military might. But then i discovered it's actually a diplomat from the humans, so I googled it, lo and behold my case wasn't the first but as I read through the threads I saw that the demon diplomats like to smash things and I'd just like to know if that's still the case or if they're a tad more peaceful now since the posts were kind of old.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: diplomat of the dark lord
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:30:48 am »

I guess you mean they have a building destroyer tag and that has led them to destroy buildings in forts. I haven't had that happen so I guess it was fixed.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:39:22 am »

I've had a building destroyer for a diplomat before, they used to  break everything they could see, but I was under the impression that it had been fixed.  Even if it hasn't, you can put the dwarf conducting the meeting in a burrow outside your fortress and he should go straight to him, not inside to break stuff.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:53:41 am »

Plus you could go and kill him.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 01:54:02 pm »

...I saw that the demon diplomats like to smash things and I'd just like to know if that's still the case...

What version are you playing?  That was fixed (the building destroyer part) in 31.13.  Reference Bug #596.

agambadi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 04:06:56 pm »

I'm playing 31.25.

And yeah, it went just fine. He didn't even upset the overly large amount of children that my fortress consist of.