Yes, I want both together
- 4 (15.4%)
No, I want both separate
- 8 (30.8%)
I want each option, have three separate downloads
- 14 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Industrial Revolution and Banking  (Read 7573 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Industrial Revolution and Banking
« on: January 14, 2012, 12:25:44 am »

Hello and welcome to the esteemed dwarven central bank. This mod will allow you to create special coins, that can be used to purchase things off of the caravan, and to do investments with.
Another feature is that once you have some money you can have your skilled dwarf bankers invest your money onto the market with a small chance of getting interest.

And New to the Mod is the Industrial Revolution. Enjoy multiple industrial buildings, with coal burning and power galore. Enjoy the refinery with its abilities to increase gem and Coal reserves. The new Grinder will use the power supplied by the Boiler to grind your ores to be used in the Industrial Furnace to increase yielded metals. Soon to come is dangerous industry, as well as the Power Loom, and its ability to rapidly and efficiently spit out cloth, and the powered forge.

As well as for the banking mod, soon to come will be the ability to sell things to the merchants as well as more investment options.
This mod also has included several merchant shops were you can use the coins minted and earned from interest to purchase various goods and supplies.

Now included in the mod is the power loom, use it with the power generated from the boiler to now double the output of cloth from your farming industry.

Also now included is the Incinerator used to burn cave wheat or quarry bushes into a cheap and replenish able coal.

This is the raws of the industry only mod.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5683

This is the raws of the banking only mod.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5684

This is the raws of the two mods together

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5685

Soon to come (as in, after I have my shower) Bundled together with the game, and separate downloads

Future additions,
Loans
more things for sale at the shops
ability to sell to the shops
larger investments
Dangerous Industry
Powered Forge
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:42:03 pm by Stronghammer »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: The Dwarven Central Bank
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:45:19 am »

I just hope that DF reads '05' in the product percentages correctly for investments
Also I might snag this for the 'future' or regeneration (since I will be adding in a marketplace/bazzar?)

That is of course if you let me, I will probally be using the idea not these raws lol (nothing wrong with them, just regeneration will be using vanilla coins)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:35:06 am »

Um. If you have "copper coins" made out of copper, won't they be called "copper copper coins?" Also, again since they're made out of materials and get material value multipliers, aren't 50-value copper copper coins (25xcopper's 2), 500-value silver silver coins (50xsilver's 10), and 3000-value gold gold coins (100xgold's 30) kind of strange numbers? I mean, the copper copper and silver silver coins' values sort of make sense, but the gold gold coins' is then out of place. In addition, I'm pretty sure these will get quality modifiers; that may or may not be desired.

What I'd do, I'd remove the metal-type name from the tools themselves since the material they're made out of will be doing that anyway. If you wanted, you could probably manage a very similar process using just one "coin" tool, and just call the material instead of a particular "type" of coin. Reaction lines like this...

[REAGENT:coin:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_COIN:METAL:GOLD]

...would limit the reagent to only accepting gold coins, for instance, assuming you had just one ITEM_TOOL_COIN instead of 3 different ones. That would also normalize the values; copper coins would be worth, say, 50xquality, silver 250xquality, and gold 750xquality if the base value of a coin was 25.

One more thing: you're using the GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT option, but not actually specifying an existing reagent in your reactions. For the coin-making reactions, it should read GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE, because you're getting the material from the reagent line labeled "A" and you're not using any reaction products (which is mostly used for organics and changes the type of material but not the source). For the investment reactions, it's the same, except with "coin" in the place of "A". Right now you're making the game seek the reagent labeled "METAL," which doesn't exist.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 08:50:37 am »

ah thx NecroRebel for the feed back

Im fairly new on the modding scene so feed back is nice, so lets address the issues you have stated.

First the Copper Copper Coin issue, I am going to have to work on the coin making process i agree, and the value modifiers are going to have to change. However right now its not actually seeing the coins as copper do to a mix up in my reaction which you have stated. This causes the reaction to just spit out the Copper Coin and not Copper Copper coin, as well the only modifiers that as of this moment act upon the coin is its basic, and quality, the actual matierial is not affecting the value right now. I do however agree with the fact that the coins need to be decreased in value to deal with balance issues that would arise. Also thank you for explaining the product line for me better as that was causing me issues, which was why i had done the whole three coin types. Thx off to fix now.

And Anyone is allowed to use this stuff just credit please....just cause i do so love to see my name everywhere

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 09:08:22 am »

Nice, but is alchemy really the right skill for it? Still, using it for my samurai fort :p

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 09:29:48 am »

ya i didnt want to use alchemy but every time i used recordkeeper or recordkeeping or clerk it just wouldnt work,i am open to suggestions

also the reactions are fixed and i will be having some additions soon (meaning most likely tonight when at uncles)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:20 am »

Now, from the logical point of view and in case RNG is working properly, you will lose a lot of income through it. 20% to double the income in the long run will reduce your wealth, not increase it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 09:39:50 am »

Would Appraisal be a good skill replacement for it? Would make sense if it that's what they use to judge wealth :p

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 10:05:00 am »

Hold it there! Why would dwarves use gold as their currency? It's too valuable.
Copper too weak. Silver and Platinum too valuable. Bronze would probably be in use for lesser militia who arent as proficient as normal militia.

How about sterling silver and making a different kind of gold for coins. Spares silver and gold for weaponry or suchlike, copper for bronze making, and etc.

A real dwarf, though, would trade in booze and kittens. And barrels of elf blood.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 11:08:56 am »

Now, from the logical point of view and in case RNG is working properly, you will lose a lot of income through it. 20% to double the income in the long run will reduce your wealth, not increase it.
You might have missed the [PRESERVE_REAGENT].
its actually impossible to lose anything and you have a 20% chance to triple the coin

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 11:25:06 am »

The gold is NOT valuable. I could see dwarves using steel coins as the highest ones since those are the most valuable :).

You might have missed the [PRESERVE_REAGENT].
its actually impossible to lose anything and you have a 20% chance to triple the coin
Oh, I totally missed that, thank yoU!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 11:36:00 am »

LOL Booze and kittens, later maybe
As for the the losing of income i have preserve reagent
also i used gold because i like gold dwarves like gold, and you only reeeally need to make the coin once and then use it to make interest.
However i do like the idea of steel coins or other matierials.
Also there will be a future way of getting more coins or exchanging the coins for goods, i just am still working on it.
Thx for the feed back :D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 02:20:33 pm »

...Candy coins o_O

Plus, what about more unusual coinage like obsidian? :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 03:16:33 pm »

Mh.. the idea is intriguing. It would be awesome if you could use the vanilla coins instead, since you will have two different types of coins floating around. They are produced in 500 coin stacks, but have the issue that, if a coin is removed, it cant be added back into the stack.

To simulate banking you would have to
 - Add a big amount of money.
 - Put it in the bank: Lose the money, get a recipe/account
 - Now the hard part: Get more money slowly over time. Interest. How?
 - Have a banker work and produce X% interest, using different reactions. Use 500 coins, 5000coins, 50000 coins...

Yeah, I think this is how I would set it up:

Make building bank.
Make noble: treasure master/banker, whatever
Use vanilla coins. Material doesnt matter.
Make 9 reactions:
(safe/normal/risky)investement with (500/5000/50000) coins.
Safe: 1% interest, 100% chance of success.
Normal: 5% interest, 95% chance of success.
Risky: 10% interest, 90% chance of success.
The product takes it's material from the reagent.

Example:
You make a risky investement with 50.000 adamantine coins. (worth a fortune)
You have a 90% chance of getting 55.000 adamantine coins back. (if you melt them, 10 bars more)
You have a 10% chance of loosing everything.

What do you think about that ? And maybe, just maybe I found yet another idea for more overburdened mod ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

I do like your idea Meph however, I already had a plan for that, i just labeled it as larger investments at the opening post. I was going to have the need for a note of credibility, then 10 coins with 95% chance of getting coins back with an additional 10-15 and then a 95% chance of getting the note back, I was then also going to have a larger tier investment which required double the first with a 50% chance, I was also going to do loans which was were a banker takes x number of type coin and creates a note equal invalue to then sell to the caravan or to use in my market building
Pages: [1] 2 3