Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple display fortress?  (Read 1118 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple display fortress?
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:52:25 pm »

I've recently purchased a second monitor and run two monitors at once for certain work. I was wondering if it was possible to do something nifty for DF with two monitors, for example being able to have two different z-levels on the two screens? Maybe there's something else?
Feeling down? Click Here!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple display fortress?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

Not right now sadly. If you set the second monitor to be an extension of the first screen then you might be able to have a super wide/tall DF window, but other then that there isn't anything snazzy you can do with your second monitor.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 11:21:13 pm »

Put stonesense on the second monitor. That way, you might be able to lure in anyone who walks past by convincing them that you're playing a normal game.
[Signature]

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »

Put stonesense on the second monitor. That way, you might be able to lure in anyone who walks past by convincing them that you're playing a normal game.

Rofl. Actually right now I have the therapist on the other screen, so people sometimes think I'm doing some kind of work when they pass by  ;D
Feeling down? Click Here!

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 05:53:35 pm »

Supreme Commander (The first one and the expansion to it) is the only game that does this that I know of. It was one of mine and many others more favorite aspects of the game. It would work very well with DF in my opinion.
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:21 pm »

Rofl. Actually right now I have the therapist on the other screen, so people sometimes think I'm doing some kind of work when they pass by  ;D

Honestly, you're doing it right. I've had to be without my second monitor for a couple weeks now, and having to switch back and forth between DF and DT is really bugging me.