Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarfs starving and dying of thirst for no good reason  (Read 1098 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarfs starving and dying of thirst for no good reason
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

i just had two dwarfs die of thirst, when I have over 500 barrels of alchol in storage and 600 some on meals i know the stuff is accessible because thers a dwarf in my dinning hall eating right now and a 4 or 5 drinking, the there is a third dwarf listed as slowing dieing of hunger and thirst, he seems to be assigned to hunting small critters and just keeps going back and forth between two bed rooms.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarfs starving and dying of thirst for no good reason
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:10:34 pm »

Make sure that individual dwarf is able to reach all the food and water. I recently almost had a dwarf die because he got trapped during a mining operation.

Where did those 2 dwarves die?
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:13 pm »

Going back and forth and hunting vermin for food is typically a symptom of forbidding the door to his bedroom and forgetting about it. All dwarves hunt rats and stuff if they're starving.

Basically, check harder to make sure there's a path. Try telling a militia squad to go to where he is and observe what happens.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:43:30 pm »

well only problem is hes goign back and forth between 2 bed rooms the door is nto locked
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:44:43 pm »

owi forgot i build a work shop there, it blocked the dwarfs