Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Memorial slabs.  (Read 645 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Memorial slabs.
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »

I've got some ghosts around, but their names are not in the engrave slab list. How fix?

Maybe they were part of certain dwarf caravans?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial slabs.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:23:26 pm »

Find the bodies, make coffins, and inter the bodies. If you can't find the bodies, you're out of luck.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:39:11 pm »

There are a few options that just say "engrave slab" with no name.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »

I don't think any of them is actually a dwarf's, though, so it won't help you to carve and place slabs of those. You could try it, but IIRC they're nothing useful, instead being unnamed hostile creatures' entries.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:44:14 pm »

So, no way to get rid of them? Are they just going to be here forever?? That's a little irritating.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »

You could use DFHack to get rid of them, but other than that, yes, they will just stick around until they die of old age in another 80-100 years or so.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:53 pm »

You could use DFHack to get rid of them, but other than that, yes, they will just stick around until they die of old age in another 80-100 years or so.

The ghosts? Die of old age?  ???
Feeling down? Click Here!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

The ghosts? Die of old age?  ???
Yep! Turns out that apparently dwarven souls have an expiration date at which point they can't survive past that, even in ghost form. (See here for an example)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Esta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:35 pm »

From what you said, it seems to be a repeat of Bug 4499.
Part of the bug description says:
   Some of these missing names are dwarves. Creating and building these nameless slabs has put several undead to rest.

See if that helps.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:52:17 pm »

Hmmmmmmm ok. I'll bet that the dwarves are ones that've gone crazy from caravans. Hence they don't show up in the top of the list like my citizens, and probably has something to do with why there is no name for them.

::EDIT::
Ok so. Apparantly there WERE some unnamed-slab dwarves, but the ones I was specifically talking about had had like their last finger bone or whatnot accidentally forbid. So after that got chucked into a box with the rest of their corpse everything was fine.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:10:51 pm by dunamisdeos »