Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Bad Dudes Mafia - Mission complete! [Game over!]  (Read 45438 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Dudes Mafia - All Present and Accounted For [Day 4]
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2012, 08:36:56 pm »

Not this time- day ends in 2 1/2 hours or so.

Vote Count:

NativeForeigner:
Orangebottle:
penngo009: Dariush
Ottofar:
Dariush: Leafsnail, penngo009, NativeForeigner, Orangebottle, Ottofar
Leafsnail:

Not Voting: 

Day 3 will last until Monday 2/27 at 11 PM EST, ~2 1/2 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2012, 08:55:40 pm »

Oh right, my date just rolled over and confused me.  Nevermind.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:11 pm »

The kind of doc who does not claim at lylo even when he's about to be lynched for lying...?
The kind of doc who doesn't counterclaim what they would consider to be an obvious fakeclaim?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2012, 11:07:08 pm »

There was no contest this time.  Dariush was quickly surrounded.  Ottofar pointed the pistol at his face.  "Let's waste him and see if there are any others."  Orangebottle nodded.  "Fire away!"

Dariush, however, was a trained Ninja Warrior- a mere pistol wasn't enough to stop him.  He quickly ducked, a pistol shot flying over his head, and reached into his pocket before anyone could react.  Out came a smoke bomb, catching Leafsnail and NativeForeigner completely by surprise.  He took off running, throwing down a huge pile of caltrops behind him- no commando was going to catch him in the confusion.

It wasn't a commando, but a net that took him down.  Penngo took the cannon down from his sights as he watched Dariush fall and struggle against its embrace.  Ottofar worked his way over there and put two in his chest and one in his head.

Dariush's tent contained a note with everything they needed to know.  It was a two-man infiltration of the group, masterminded by Think.  There was a map to the ninja compound with details of the defenses.  Using this, and an emergency resupply dropped in by helicopter, the commandos were able to penetrate the compound and resuce the President.  There was a grand celebration that the commandos were not invited to, because such is the life of a special forces officer.  But each one is sure of the great thing they did, and in their hearts, they know...

They are Bad Dudes.

Game over!  Town has won!

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Ninja Chat:  http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/L5cS2aj6Dgm66

Dead Chat:  http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/eQyghwGERD6X  (Shockingly active!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Dudes Mafia - Mission complete! [Game over!]
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:48 pm »

Spoiler: Actions N1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions N2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions N3 (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2012, 11:14:11 pm »

Hope everyone enjoyed that!

So what was the gimmick?

After I got the 13th man, I hit up random.org and picked out one lucky person to be the Ninja Master- Think.  I PMed him and asked him, based on the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu, how big a scum team he wanted- go it solo or have up to four buddies.  Obviously, he picked a team of two.  I did not tell him ahead of time what the abilities of each team size would be, just that fewer people on his team, the stronger each ninja would be.  Four or five would have a restricted nightkill to make up for their high numbers.  The solo-scum would have had a nasty arsenal.

Looking back, I honestly think I made the size-two team a bit weak.  I thought a one-shot poison and an autoblock would help tip the balance in their favor, but the rolecop ability went largely unused.

It's certainly available to run again, but as a more open setup now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 27, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »

Yay!  Good game!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2012, 01:14:20 am »

Good game all.

Was very happy to see the town pull out a win on this one, what with being offed Night 1.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2012, 01:20:41 am »

Amazing comeback, Leaf. I thought town was done for.

Sorry for my erratic play, glad to see we still pulled off a win.

I loved the flavour, toaster! Very good!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2012, 01:46:38 am »

Quote from: Ninja Chat Dariush
Why are you a dead man? Things look remarkably nice for us, considering the lucky vighit.

Yeah, I agree we should kill Toony tonight - even though he's being a remarkable shade of imbecile, I suspect he may be a cop who inspected Wuba. Besides, he may press noobs into lynching like he wants with his reputation.

Then only Leaf remains and our path to victory is clear.
I'm so proud of reading Webadict and IronyOwl right!  Also Leafsnail with the crazy win.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:25 am »

Leaf won the game, hands down.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2012, 01:55:44 am »

Yeah, that win was all on Leafsnail's shoulders.

Which is why I kept protecting him.

Also I'm pretty sure it's my first town win ever.
Quote from: Glyph
or just generally acted like scum (orangebottle)
Quote from: ToonyMan
Leafsnail, Orangebottle, and Think are the ninjas.
Quote from: ToonyMan
Leafsnail is town and Orangebottle and Think are ninja poisoners. That would leave the last ninja who killed me.
This makes me wonder what the hell I did wrong. I don't think I did that bad. I survived to the win, right?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2012, 02:28:03 am »

Well that was mainly me talking.  I also saw you and Think go into Leafsnail's place before dying so when you claimed doctor I wasn't as suspicion anymore (although I was already dead).  Not sure why I suddenly thought Penguin was scum though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2012, 03:21:01 am »

Very nice. And yeah, that was all Leafsnail.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 28, 2012, 05:47:41 am »

Good game, really got interesting late on with the claims and twists.

Uh, sorry if I did the stupidest move I could ever do, in the first day especially.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33