Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 41060 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Typos are the bane of everyone who writes programs in just about any scripting language.

This is one reason I really like compiled languages.  The compiler yells at you instead of your program silently continuing on to do who knows what instead of what you wanted because you swapped letters in a variable name somewhere.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

IDE goes "Hey, fucktard, this one doesn't match! Fix it!" I like IDEs. I think.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's quite possible to make a typo that does match. Now that's the kind of bug that's fun to track down.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Well, as long as you're consistent.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

Typos are the bane of everyone who writes programs in just about any scripting language.
And that is why i really didn't like writing in Assembler. One unseen typo cost me many hours of anger and rage trying to figure it out, because a PIC processor can't do much to tell you what's wrong. The fact that the programming itself is unintuitive doesn't help at all (BTFSS and BTFSC, good luck figuring them out, i sure as hell didn't have).

Also, speaking of electronics, i once managed to completely mirror an electronics board when fabricating it. It was also my exam project. That i passed that exam was a goddamn miracle i tell you.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Using = instead of == in a comparison statement is always fun. Most modern IDEs track that one now, thank whatever.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We still doing stupid? Because I tried to backflip into a pool from a roof. It was my first time being drunk. I head-slammed the gutter and rolled off onto the concrete poolside eight feet down. My finest moment in life.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

We still doing stupid? Because I tried to backflip into a pool from a roof. It was my first time being drunk. I head-slammed the gutter and rolled off onto the concrete poolside eight feet down. My finest moment in life.
I'm not going to lie...
Reading that made me wince.

Ouch.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I've done some pretty stupid shit. Especially considering I've only been alive for under 15 years.

So, it was a windy day and I was flying a kite. Suddenly the wind dropped and it fell out of the sky, somehow managing to tangle the cord on the way down. To fix this, I jumped onto the trampoline. My reasoning for this was that it had a nice net around it, preventing the kite from flying away. A few minutes later I was almost done untangling the string and I noticed the wind was picking back up. Suddenly the entire trampoline lurched and began to tilt. Luckily I missed the sides as it flew through the air, preventing me from being crushed as it hit the ground again. I flipped out of the trampoline, hit hard dirt from about 20 feet, then a metal pole missed my head by a foot. I managed to limp away from it with a skinned elbow and a sore knee. The trampoline was wrecked and required several replacement legs. We anchored the trampoline to the ground after that. Probably not so stupid, but more really freaking bad luck.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

This just in: Went to the kitchen to get a knife to cut out a rotten chunk from a plum, grabbed the knife, fumbled, stabbed myself in the stomach. Somehow I managed to not only not penetrate my shirt, but I'm not even bleeding, and I now have a horizontal 3-inch line right above my bellybutton. How the hell have I survived to my age being so clumsy.
くコ:彡

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

MAGIC!

...and of course anti-biotics.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MAGIC!

...and of course anti-biotics.

And vitamin gg.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Speaking of stupid stuff we did when we were younger, I recall running down a set of slippery wooden stairs in my neighbor's house. It did not end well, and I bled all over, also having a gaping hole of a wound. To be honest, I never felt any pain from it, just the warmth of my own blood.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

This just in: Went to the kitchen to get a knife to cut out a rotten chunk from a plum, grabbed the knife, fumbled, stabbed myself in the stomach. Somehow I managed to not only not penetrate my shirt, but I'm not even bleeding, and I now have a horizontal 3-inch line right above my bellybutton. How the hell have I survived to my age being so clumsy.

Pure luck.

Still not as bad as the time I tripped on a box of Lego's and stabbed myself in the leg with a pair of scissors, down to the handles. That was quite !FUN!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

1. Open double doors.

2. Close double doors.

3. Friend walks in double doors.

4. Gets caught in double doors.

5. Pushes doors shut whilst still caught.

6. Crack :O

Just injured a friend with doors. By accident.

Life goal achieved.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27