Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 41062 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't think I had anything stupid enough worthy of this thread, but I just remembered I sent a large cargo ship off course once. My stepfather was the captain and I got to come along for a couple of weeks as my vacation when I was 12. Full bridge access.

Lessons learned: Don't pull random levers when nobody is looking. One of them might be the autopilot override.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

That's pretty awesome. When I was about the same age, my dad took me to his office while he had to finish up some last-minute paperwork. He put me in front of his computer with some program that showed his unit logo and let you change the colors on it. I got bored really fast and closed out to see what else was on the computer.

Did I mention that my father was a naval intelligence officer?  :D

When he came back, I was zooming in and out of a vector map of the world and using the cool buttons along the bottom edge of the monitor housing to pull up things like force dispositions (most likely Top Secret/SCI data), hardware specs, etc.

Needless to say, he lost his shit.
Looking back, I can understand why. If anybody else had seen me, he could have lost his security clearance and they'd probably have been interrogating me to find out who my Soviet handler was.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's pretty awesome. When I was about the same age, my dad took me to his office while he had to finish up some last-minute paperwork. He put me in front of his computer with some program that showed his unit logo and let you change the colors on it. I got bored really fast and closed out to see what else was on the computer.

When he came back, I was zooming in and out of a vector map of the world and using the cool buttons along the bottom edge of the monitor housing to pull up things like force dispositions (most likely Top Secret/SCI data), hardware specs, etc.

Looking back, I can understand why. If anybody else had seen me, he could have lost his security clearance and they'd probably have been interrogating me to find out who my Soviet handler was.  :P

So who was your soviet handler?  :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

So who was your soviet handler?  :P

I am tellink nothing, capitalist pigdog!

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I dare you to try it and record your reactions in a vid, then post it on youtube.

Aw, but I'm camera shy :3

I am tellink nothing, capitalist pigdog!

What... How....

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I dare you to try it and record your reactions in a vid, then post it on youtube.

DOOOOO EEEEEEEET!! The coffeeyaki calls for you...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile

klingon13524 has used peer pressure!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One time I paddled out in a kayak in front of a cruise liner because I thought I could make it across the sound to the other side. If I hadn't turned back, I rather doubt I would have.

Have you ever heard a cruise liner honking at you? It's looooooud.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

One time I paddled out in a kayak in front of a cruise liner because I thought I could make it across the sound to the other side. If I hadn't turned back, I rather doubt I would have.

Have you ever heard a cruise liner honking at you? It's looooooud.

You should've shouted freedom and charged into the cruise liner. Just 'sayin.

klingon13524 has used peer pressure!
*Buggers off looking for soy sauce*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

also, when I was three, I stuck my little finger into a door hinge, and the door slammed shut.
I now have a permanantly bent nail.

My wife did that with a ring finger as a kid. She now has 9-1/2 fingers. (They wound up having to take off the upper joint and fingernail.)

To compensate for that, our daughter has 10-1/2 toes (one toe is bifurcated with two toenails). We call it her "lucky toe".  :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Does the daughter enjoy "Finding Nemo"?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Better than 11 fingers, lest some Spaniard comes to kill her.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Does the daughter enjoy "Finding Nemo"?
She does, actually...although I'd never made that connection. We figure it'll be a good icebreaker as she gets older.
"So, uh....I've got an extra toe, wanna see?"

Boys will be falling all over themselves for that.

Wait....hmm, I may not have thought this through properly. Luckily, her younger brother will be assigned to shadow her throughout school and facepunch any boys with nefarious intent. Which is to say, ALL of them.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I could have my daughter teach your daughter how to facepunch.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

It's not that I'm worried that she can't defend herself, I'm worried that she'll WANT them to have nefarious intent.

"Hey, you wanna come up to my room to 'study'? *wink wink*"

Cue *BROPUNCH*.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27