Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 41045 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING!"
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »

Now that my epic hand injury has healed, I now have 6 knuckles on one hand.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2012, 07:04:52 pm »

Stood directly in the path of a moving swing and took the swing tire and the treads of two little boots to the face as a child (didn't even think about moving away). Even got into the air a little bit and was stunned, but not KO'd, thankfully.
That reminds me of a game we used to play where one group would get on the swings and do the swingy thing, while the other group would run back and forth through them like they were giant axe blades or something. Somehow nobody ever got hit ever. But then one guy who was on the swings got appendicitis, probably because all this was after lunch.

All these stories about swing reminds me of a game we used to play in third to fifth grade (or something like that). We had a swingset with two of those tire swings on the schoolyard, and you'd get six kids, three on each swing with one team on each swing. two people on each team then got the speed up as high as possible, then the goal was then to shake as many people as possible out of the opposing team's swing. I'm amazed that noone ended up hurt by that.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2012, 07:12:59 pm »

I myself have 11 toenails (botched surgery) and a friend of mine has 5 canines (mutation).

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2012, 07:19:40 pm »

While mucking around with thick cardstock, I have also gashed the joint of my thumb from side to side at 5mm deep with my favourite hobby knife (I bled over almost every piece of furniture in the living room that evening). I had some surgical glue applied to the wound, and it healed eventually. I still have the scar and the knife, and that incident put a permanent stop to my papercrafting hobby.

Don't much like that knife any more.

I myself have 11 toenails (botched surgery) and a friend of mine has 5 canines (mutation).

5 canines sounds marginally useful if he enjoys meat. Can't help but wonder where they are in his mouth.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

5 canines sounds marginally useful if he enjoys meat. Can't help but wonder where they are in his mouth.
His top right front premolar is canine instead.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2012, 07:33:15 pm »

... RUNNING INTO THE SIDE OF A MOVING CAR. ...

Oh, I've done that as well, on a bike, but that time it wasn't me who was stupid. I was biking to class a couple of years back, on the way there is a T-crossing with a pedestrian crossing over two of the roads. I came cycling there, looked up the road, saw a car coming, blinking to turn left (so that he would turn and not come near my crossing) so I proceed to cross. Seconds later I slam into his side as he comes blazing straight forward instead of turning. He stops and gets out of the car, looks like he is 80+ years old and is completely confused. He was not aware that he was giving a turn signal, and did not see me coming, despite that the bicycle path goes along the road for at least 50 meters without any sort of view-blocking object short of a single pedestrian crossing road sign. I'm pretty grateful that I didn't get hit by him, rather than the other way around...

A person once told me a story of how they were parked at a red light and some old lady ran into the side of their car...she had to go to the hospital...that this person happened to work at...

I have no idea how that ended up, but seriously...running into the side of a parked car hard enough to seriously injure yourself (and damage the car)...?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »

While mucking around with thick cardstock, I have also gashed the joint of my thumb from side to side at 5mm deep with my favourite hobby knife (I bled over almost every piece of furniture in the living room that evening). I had some surgical glue applied to the wound, and it healed eventually. I still have the scar and the knife, and that incident put a permanent stop to my papercrafting hobby.

Don't much like that knife any more.

I watched my brother drop a knife like that once, and it got embedded in the floor.  I'm very careful with them now.  Never really managed to injure myself with one, which is surprising considering I used to put together tons of 40K minis back in the day.

I recall one other stupid thing I've done in my life: tried to skate.  That is all.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »

I have no idea how that ended up, but seriously...running into the side of a parked car hard enough to seriously injure yourself (and damage the car)...?

The Human capacity for stupid bravado and endurance is amazing.

I recall one other stupid thing I've done in my life: tried to skate.  That is all.

Rollerblades + Wet mossy wood + Lake = FTWWWWWAAAATTTTEEEERRRR

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2012, 01:28:17 am »

I was riding my bike down a short hill with my brother and a kid from my mom's day care, when two other people came out of their driveway getting really close to my brother with their bikes.

So I watch them, the next thing I know SLAM I run my bike into a parked car at full speed. Turns out car trunks are fairly solid, I didn't even leave a dent. I get up right away, the two kids laugh and ride away, we go in the other direction. A few minutes after that I start shaking so bad that I have to stop and spend 20 minutes sitting on the curb holding my head and unable to think clearly.

I am still made fun of for hitting a parked car.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2012, 01:36:36 am »

It turns out that when you're a) approximately 5 feet tall, b) approximately 150 lbs (this was over 10 years ago), c) can run a 40 yard dash in about 5 seconds flat (again, over 10 years ago, back when I was a kick returner and running for my life every time I stepped onto the field,) d) playing football in a parking garage, and e) you're not watching where you're going (trying to look the ball into my hands,) while running at top speed, your shoulder goes right through the rear passenger window of a parked car. Also, extremities bleed a lot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2012, 07:24:39 am »

It seems like plenty of people have run into parked cars. I've run into a parked dump truck, again on a bicycle. I wasn't going too fast, though, so I could just continue on my way, but the garbage men looked at me like I was an alien and I felt like a total moron.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I tried to do something like this trope by standing on a railing in front of school. Neglected to remove my backpack. Fell off and broke my left clavicle.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2012, 02:09:35 am »

It seems like plenty of people have run into parked cars. I've run into a parked dump truck, again on a bicycle. I wasn't going too fast, though, so I could just continue on my way, but the garbage men looked at me like I was an alien and I felt like a total moron.

Ever run into a building?  I did that once.  With a car.  I mean, c'mon... buildings are huge and immobile... how did I do that?  Stupid parking space was retarded... my car has a nasty patch of paint missing on the bumper now.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I tried to do something like this trope by standing on a railing in front of school. Neglected to remove my backpack. Fell off and broke my left clavicle.

Damn, bro. That hurts. I've never broken any non-hand bones, but damn. I was once showing off by walking across a guard rail (the kind on the sides of highways and whatnot, we had them scattered around our high school parking lot,) and one of my friends dared me to try to run across it. I made it about 3 feet and almost took myself out of the gene pool.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Taking a short cut over a frozen channel like a BAWSS!!!

I LOVE THE COLD!!!!! :D :D :D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27