Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 41004 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Something to note about Styrofoam cups is that if one catches on fire, they explode. And release lotsa deadly fumes.

>inb4 stupid friends set Styrofoam cups on fire by "accident"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

It's a good thing you noticed before going to sleep, since you are near-certain to die if you sleep with an untreated concussion.
err, after stumbling to home puking my guts out, took some advil then pass out on my couch.....

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's a good thing you noticed before going to sleep, since you are near-certain to die if you sleep with an untreated concussion.
err, after stumbling to home puking my guts out, took some advil then pass out on my couch.....
It's a myth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really a myth, your brain is trying to boot up when you get a concussion. If you sleep your brain will cease functions due to sleep mode and will put you into a coma.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

We just discussed how it was a myth. They wake concussion patients up every few hours when they're sleeping if they can't directly measure their brain activity to ensure that they haven't fallen into a coma.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We just discussed how it was a myth. They wake concussion patients up every few hours when they're sleeping if they can't directly measure their brain activity to ensure that they haven't fallen into a coma.
meh i just got up with a massive headache, started my rudimentary memory rant just to make sure i didn't have amnesia, lost some of my childhood memories.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

meh i just got up with a massive headache, started my rudimentary memory rant just to make sure i didn't have amnesia, lost some of my childhood memories.

Always a good sign :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

"It's possible you may have a slight case of massive brain damage."
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "Why does electricity hate me?"
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:26 am »

A friend of mine in kindergarten and I started a contest of who would jump off of the tallest object. Our playground at the time was the tallest thing we could get on top of without people questioning it, so that was where we held it. After a week or two of 1-uping each other, there was only one spot left, and my friend was in the lead. That spot was the top of one of the support pillars next to the big tunnel slide on our playground. This spot was significantly higher, or at least I remember it to be, than the second-highest spot. It's been years since then, but accounting for my relative size I might say that it was an eight-to-ten-foot drop. Maybe. It looked gargantuan to a kindergartener, regardless.  My friend and I were always iffy about raising the stakes to this drop, and I knew he wouldn't have the bravado to match my mark if I jumped from it.

And so one day I worked up my courage and climbed atop the pillar (which had a rounded top). And I looked down at the drop and wondered if this wouldn't snap my leg bones in half. And eventually I decided that this wasn't a worthwhile endeavor. So I decided I was going to climb back onto the platform and concede defeat....if not for the sudden gust of wind that knocked me off of it. I somehow managed to land on my feet and not break anything. My friend never learned the truth of my intentions and conceded defeat, thinking I was a very badass kindergartener forevermore.

When I was in 4th grade, my school had these see-saws that were large enough for about 3 people to stand on each end.  My classmates conspired against me one day.  I was playing on it with someone and then another classmate came up behind to talk to me about something.  I didn't step off the see-saw.  I turned around, with my back to the other side of the see-saw, expecting only a short distraction.  Meanwhile, 5 other kids, including the heaviest in the class who was probably around 250 lbs (I was probably 80-90 lbs), all converged and jumped on the other side of the see-saw as hard as they could.  I think I flew roughly 15 feet in the air.  I could see well over the top of the school building.  I managed to stay upright and land gracefully on my feet.  I think everyone was disappointed I didn't get hurt.  I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  Pretty soon, everyone was catapulting each other just for fun whenever the teachers weren't looking, but they never took it as far as they did with me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's possible you may have a slight case of massive brain damage."
whats done is done, memory was only effected still, considering i still controlled my ADD and aspergers, got a dent on left side  of my dome as a reminder of stupid.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Oh, man. Where do I begin?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

So should we start a tally of everyone who learned about not using the front brake on a bike while going down a hill the hard way?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

So should we start a tally of everyone who learned about not using the front brake on a bike while going down a hill the hard way?
I have done something like that with a motorized scooter, with my younger sisters on board as well. Except we were moving at full speed down a sidewalk mini-hill, and trying to turn with such small wheels at such a speed will result in a nasty crash. My sister had the wind knocked out of her and sprained her hand, I think; whereas I came out with the tops of my feet and the palms of my hands, along with the side of my chest scuffed. Did I forget to mention I had work the following day? I had to power through a weekend of work with those injuries on me, and I regularly handled dishes and such with spices, oily butter shots and such in them. As much as my co-workers were suggesting I stay home, I was the only other person assigned to work for the time being. I powered through anyhow.

An early bike crash I had long ago was basically going on a ride with my siblings around the park area, and we were showing off a few tricks. Then I come up with the bright idea of going no-hands and no-feet while moving slowly (physics is a cruel bitch). Cue my landing sideways on the pavement with the bike landing on top of me in less than 5 seconds. How I didn't break any bones then surprises me. only minor bruising and minimal scuffing. At the time, it still hurt like hell; but I was still a bit of a softie back then as well.

And one last moment; when rollerblading alone for a few blocks, I decided, one time, to go down this one condo's hilly driveway. At it turns out, this hill is actually double-tiered (one big hill, a short flat area for cars to turn towards the parking lot beneath the frontside and under the building, and a small hill to the main path connecting to the main road). I decide to climb up this and roll my way down. I almost made it, had I not A) kept my center of gravity too high, B) not known how to absorb the shock when the flat area came, and C) gone the path with a crack in the line of movement and taking the inside track while at it (tight turn). I was rather badly bruised and scuffed after that. I didn't realize how badly I was damaged since I had a huge adrenaline rush that kept me conscious as I rolled a few blocks home; and passed out for a minute or 2 once my wounds were being treated.

Now that I think of it, way back when (like Kindergarten and the rest of Elementary school) I was really easy to hurt (and probably prime real-estate for malicious bullying). Nowadays, I can take a beating and almost not be phased by it. I think I ought to invest in a bartender uniform and some sunglasses or something. All that's missing is being able to throw cars and such.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:03:51 pm by Itnetlolor »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me, at the edge of a bay in New Zealand: "Hmm. That Island doesn't seem so far away. I can totally swim to that."

15 minutes later, I am laying on the floor of some strangers moored and unoccupied boat halfway to the island, barely able to move and waiting to get picked up by the coast guard, and the only thing I can think to myself "This poor guy is going to be so confused when he comes back, wondering why the fuck his boat his boat is covered in blood."

You can fill in the blanks, I think. I'm not really a very good swimmer.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Five year old Peewee decides he's bored listening to the doctor talk to his mother and decides to explore the exam room.
He soon finds a delightful pair of slots in the wall that resemble keyholes! (His parents had every unused outlet blocked off with those plastic things)
His mother, apparently also bored from talking to the doctor, has been jingling her keys absentmindedly for the past few minutes, so little Peewee decides those keys must be designed to fit, like in the video games!
The obvious occurs.
The doctor takes a glance at his fingers, decides little Peewee is fine, and tells the mother to calm down.

Hey at least I was smart enough to do it when there was a doctor in the same room. :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27