Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 40985 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "I fought the wall, and the wall won."
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

You cut yourself?
¬_¬
you serious?
You cut yourself with electricity?
....... sure i discovered the redneck version of a plasma cutter.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 08:50:40 pm »

I posted in a thread just to be on page one.

No, but I failed at relocating my Steam folder, broke some game files, and now need to download approximately 40GB of games, if I want to play them.
I did this. Twice.

EDIT: When I was nine we had pigs. These pigs had an electric fence around them. I touched the electric fence and felt a jolt all the way up to my elbow. So I stopped right? Wrong. I knelt down, leaned back and touched it again. Same jolt, same morbid curiosity. So I reach forward a third time and ZZAP. I jump back and I can't move my hand properly for an hour. Lesson learned.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:58:23 pm by NobodyPro »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 09:10:51 pm »

I posted in a thread just to be on page one.

No, but I failed at relocating my Steam folder, broke some game files, and now need to download approximately 40GB of games, if I want to play them.
I did this. Twice.

EDIT: When I was nine we had pigs. These pigs had an electric fence around them. I touched the electric fence and felt a jolt all the way up to my elbow. So I stopped right? Wrong. I knelt down, leaned back and touched it again. Same jolt, same morbid curiosity. So I reach forward a third time and ZZAP. I jump back and I can't move my hand properly for an hour. Lesson learned.
Thus evidence that animals do learn :P:

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »

So I stopped right? Wrong. I knelt down, leaned back and touched it again.
SOULMATE!

Except not really because no soul and all that.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 09:21:36 pm »

Walking home from elementry school one day, got offered a ride from my neighbor, in his fancy sports car.

Got home, went inside, never really thought about it again.

15 some years later, neighbor gets arrested for having molested about 30 other boys.

My first thought on hearing that:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy shit. That is scary. And I'm sure he just wasn't in the mood that day.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "Why does electricity hate me?"
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 09:40:48 pm »

When I was about three, my father and myself decided to make lava.

In the microwave.

We got a river rock, covered it with wet clay, and put it in for five minutes.

It broke the microwave plate, thankfully with no other casualties.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 09:45:20 pm »

When I was about three, my father and myself decided to make lava.

In the microwave.

We got a river rock, covered it with wet clay, and put it in for five minutes.

It broke the microwave plate, thankfully with no other casualties.

Holy crap you did a Dorf Fortress :O

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »

And no, we didn't produce any magma.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 09:52:13 pm »

Well duh. Microwaves don't work that way.

An oven, on the other hand... with a bit of tuning...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

Yeah, that's me.

Your avatar is appropriate.

When I was somewhere in the 11-14 age range, I rolled up a large piece of bread into as tiny a ball as I could and stuck the whole thing in my mouth.  As harmless as that sounds, it was probably the most dangerously dumb thing I've ever done in my life.  I nearly choked myself.  It expanded so fast that by the time I realized there was a problem, it was too large to even spit out.  I could barely chew or swallow, and every bit that I swallowed continued expanding on its way down.  Obviously, I managed to fight through it.  For about 15 seconds, I was terrified.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 10:14:26 pm »

I don't remember doing anything too bad.  Climbed a tree and fell out of it, hurt myself in flag football, put marshmellows in a microwave, wore my loose glasses on a rollercoaster, forgot about a pot of water I was boiling, cried myself to sleep as I talked to my Sonic action figure.

I've definitely seen other people do stupid stuff in real life.  My Dad walked on a fallen tree over a river while half-drunk, yes he fell.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 10:16:32 pm »

Fact, everything with "while drunk" in it, is bound to be awesome :))

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 10:21:57 pm »

wore my loose glasses on a rollercoaster
One hand grabbed my ex's glasses while in mid air, felt proud of myself until i figured out i couldn't see anything.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »

Another one.  I had three accidents and was forced off the road a couple times in one year, and none of those incidents were my fault.  For a long time, I just seemed to be a powerful magnet for stupid drivers.  People kept turning in front of me or trying to lane change right into me as if me and my vehicle were invisible.  Something like this seemed to happen almost every time I got behind the wheel.  Now here comes the stupid.  I was driving home from school one night and some new construction had shut down one lane on a very busy road.  I was driving along in the open lane and there were dozens of cars backed up next to me, waiting for an opportunity to get over.  I was so fucking paranoid after the past year or so.  My eyes were glued to all those turn signals.  My foot hovered anxiously over the brake pedal.  I was so sure that one of those people would pull out directly in front of me at any second.  I was so focused, I didn't notice the light in front of me had turned red.  I plowed hard into the front corner of the first cross-traffic vehicle to enter the intersection.  Someone in the other car injured their shoulder, but thankfully it wasn't too serious.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »

One time eons ago, at least a good 15 years, I recall being really bored because the only computer in the household was occupied by my brother playing Doom and I wasn't old enough to play that game, at least; and I was still a rather goody 2-shoes type as well, so I was bought into the belief of it being a sort of "devil game"; stupid in it 's own right, but not the main one in discussion. Well, I have this lamp (still the same one in my room today), and it has the kind of pull strings with metal ball bearings weighing down the cords that trigger the lightbulbs.

Here's where the lightbulb comes off for me; I come up with the *bright* idea to pick up one of those ball bearings, and since there wasn't a lightbulb in one of the sockets, I decided to put the bearing inside. I don't know what I was thinking looking back, but not only did I get a satisfying amount of volts plunging through my body (and retaining enough composure to play cool and not reveal I was responsible), but I also shorted out the household power grid (probably toggling all of the breakers).

More recently, my mom has some Christmas lights setup outside, and the main circuit box it's plugged into seems a tad shady enough on it's own. In an attempt to unplug the main extension cord (it was getting late, and I didn't notice the surge protector with a light switch on it at the time either), I have my fingers on the circuit box (nearly on top of the outlets) and the end of the plug; oh yeah, and there was dew outside, and I wasn't wearing shoes either. Once I pulled the cord out, I felt a familiar pulse course through my body. Unlike some people that get stuck to surfaces and such when being shocked, I was able to quickly disconnect. I ay have built up a resistance. Sure got me amped though after it happened.

And one of my favorite stupid acts: hairline fracture on my left wrist. Cause of fracture: falling backwards while running backwards. To explain why I was doing so, every once in awhile, the beach sand had a good dose of phosphorus, and when you walk on the sand, it glows like a combination of fireflies and those glow-in-the-dark stickers and such. Because it left a neat trail, we wanted to see the trails we left behind, so we were running/shuffling our feet across the sand backwards really quickly. Unfortunately, the same sand that carries these glowy particles is also really fine grain, and really damn hard after it gets wet enough, and is the right water:sand ratio; now fall backwards at running speed into that, and try to catch your fall. First broken bone I got.

Proof of certified stupidity: I was not under the influence of any drug nor alcoholic beverage when I did any of these. ...Yeah.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:31:21 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27