Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eyes do you have?

<10<
<15<
<100<

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Stupid thread : Microwaves are cool  (Read 40934 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Sometimes, I question if I ever really had friends of my own at all.
Iknorite? "You're one of my favorite playmates, so let's devise entertainments wherein we take turns trying to injure the other in an amusing fashion." Seems to be a boy thing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So when I was 6, my family had an ancient toaster oven that was, for some reason, actually screwed to the bottom of a cabinet attached to the ceiling. I had woken up early that morning and had a bagel for breakfast. Since I had woken up early, I had a bit of extra time, so I decided to see what happens if you put a bagel in the toaster oven over and over and over again. It ended up lighting on fire, and I, being 6, see 'fire' and immediately think 'KILL IT WITH WATER'. So I fill up a cup of water from the sink while my siblings run downstairs to yell at my dad in panic. I douse the fire. Later, I learned that doing that may have actually caused an electrical fire that would have been even worse than the bagel fire.

The cabinet got out of it all unscathed.

And then there was the time I decided to go down a tubing run in a little plastic sled. About a quarter of the way down, I hit a bump, and got a free 'plane' ride all the way to the bottom of the hill, where I land laying down in the toboggan. I'm fairly surprised I wasn't badly injured, just had the wind knocked out of me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:21:50 pm by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Ah, and there was a game I used to play with my friends. A certain friend had a rather irresponsible father who would let us play with his rider lawnmower. Being young boys, we decided that the best way to make use of this was to play chicken, with most of us lying facedown on the ground, and the other trying to run us over, while we scrambled out of the way at the last possible second.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hrm... Well I don't recall doing anything extreme like some of you. Closest I come is playing egg on a trampoline, where you grab your legs and the others have to bounce you until you reach a point that you have to uncurl, and I basically landed on my head. There's also the story of how I got the arm rest of a metal chair around my neck, I put it there on purpose, and they couldn't get it off even with grease. And I didn't want it to come off.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mmm... popcorn. That was a fun trampoline game.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

playing egg on a trampoline

I always won that game... everybody else would get bored, or I would fly off the trampoline, but I never 'cracked'.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

playing egg on a trampoline
I always won that game... everybody else would get bored, or I would fly off the trampoline, but I never 'cracked'.
Fun game, that is. Most explosions happened after my accident occurred. As much as my pain sucked initially, it gave me more bravery later on after I learned how to avoid such a landing, and scared everyone else from doing so. So the accident actually made that game easier for me.

As for the accident earlier, I wouldn't call it neglect. I think whenever someone was using the trampoline, there was usually a spotter to make sure nothing gets too bad when stunts were performed. Any other instance was a sparring session.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:05:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

I remember that the dead-end court that I lived in was a marvellous place to have an ARENA.

There was another kid in the court, a boy, and we liked to have mock sword-fights with sticks for swords and whatever we could get our hands on for shields (wooden boards, plastic lids, etc). It was a lot of fun and we were actually fairly decent at it (for kids, that is).

That's possibly the most dangerous game I've ever played. I have always and still groan at the stupid 'pain games' that some people play. There was one such 'game' at a very shitty school I went to for a year, where two boys would 'punch-on', where they would each take it in turns to punch the other as hard as they could until one of them backed down. At least they had a rule (generally) about not going for the face...

Needless to say I never played 'punch-on'. It was a game for boys and I didn't particularly like the idea of getting punched anyway (most of them were either boxers, built like boxers or just really bloody big, not like my skeletal frame).
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile

Ah, yes, the glorious masochism of high-school males.  I've had a good groan at those too, Ireally don't understand the need to prove that you're "tougher" than someone. 
The most popular in the schools around where I live seems to be "quarters" in which the contestants flick quarters or credit cards at the others knuckles until first blood.
Good times.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

When I was six, I put forks in the microwave because I had heard that it could make lightning and I wanted to see the pretty lights.
It worked, then killed the microwave.

When I was nine, I was sitting on the side of one of those slides with no middles (that you're supposed to straddle and slide down) when I decided to do a flip off it. In my mind, I was going to lean forward, let go and execute a perfect flip in mid air before landing.
What happened, was I failed to let go and simply went in an arc and I hit my head on the underside of the other part of the bottom-less slide. I fell to the ground, dazed and confused- and hopped up and went back to class with a lump the size of an egg on his head.
I was then taken home and looked after by my dad, and when I started vomiting my dad took me to the local GP who checked and checked and checked. Apparently my pupils were dilating and I was beginning to get aggressive and weepy. I vomited twice before feeling woozy- then went to hospital where the concussion had become a haematoma. Giant bright blue egg shaped lump on my head and pain fit to split my head in two. I kept nearly dozing off but I was woken up each time by the doctor, my dad, my mum, my six year old sister and my three year old brother.
It took me a week to fully recover, but I was back up and playing with the best of them.

When I was fifteen, I got in a fight with a bully who was bigger than me by a good 30kg and 30cm.. The bully poured a bottle of soft drink all over my head, so I stole the bottle and clubbed him with it in the temple. He saw red and lifted me up by my throat and dashed  my head against a brick wall over and over until I was semi conscious.
One of my friends stood in front of this bully to act as a shield to prevent the semi conscious me from taking any more hits from the enraged bully.
By the time I had recovered enough wits to know what was going on, my vision had almost entirely blacked out with the exception of the centre which was fuzzy and indistinct. I went home after that and couldn't stop yawning. I went to the doctor, who said I should rest (but not sleep just yet) and put an icepack on it. So, I did, and then I spent a week off school. I vomited nearly twenty times, but the concussion was not as serious as when I was nine.

When I was seventeen, I was at a multicultural fair with my family. The fair prided itself on being green- its main power supply was twenty pushbikes connected to a turbine powering the festival (with generators using green fuel and solar panels as a backup). I was on one of the bikes, and my brother was on another. There was a readout saying how much energy we were generating per second on the end of the stall, and my brother said "Reudh, I'm generating more energy than you."
I sped up. "Nah, I'm still generating more."
Sped up again. "Nah, still generating more."
I put the bike in the absolute highest gear, highest range, and pedalled like a man possessed for a full minute.
"Reudh, I'm still generating more than you." He was barely pedalling.

I gave up and hopped off the bike, because we were leaving.
I was fine, but tired. We walked about 100m before I started feeling really queasy. I said "Dad, I feel sick. I think I overdid it on the bikes."
Dad stopped and checked me over (qualified first aid) and sat me down on the ground. My vision turned grey and fuzzy. My hearing began to muffle.
I now know that that's because my blood sugar had suddenly PLUMMETED- hypoglycaemeia brought on by overexertion.
I knew that I was seconds from fainting when my sister proffered a cup in my face- I grabbed it with numb hands and drank it- it was orange juice. The clarity of hearing and vision that returned was shocking.
I managed to hop up- and instead of feeling faint, I just felt very weak for a few hours.
But darn, how competitive I was.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Well, what hasn't killed us yet (also by our own hand) has just made us tougher, it seems. At least, using myself as an example with what I've listed so far, all these stupid things that we've done have either made us resilient, or masochistic. I wouldn't be surprised is some of us are both.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:02:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Well, what hasn't killed us yet (also by our own hand) has just made us tougher
DADADA DUM DA DUM DA, DADA DUM DA DUM DA...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Dear god, how are any of us still alive?
Because if we die, we will no longer be able to amuse the gods with our antics in the mortal realm.

OP quote away!!!!

Contrary to popular belief, killing a human for sure is pretty tough. People can and have survived being shot multiple times (even in vital organs such as the heart or the brain), getting hit by lightning or even falling out of an airplane, you just have to have some luck and get immediate medical attention.

Yeah, people seem to forget that stopping power is usually what kills someone...

"I found their weakness! They can't live without their heads!"

It's the same as going through a brick wall; either punch straight through it or spray it with water for fifty years until it erodes.  The poor human will then die...eventually...

It's not easy punching through brick walls :d

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "Why does electricity, REALLY hate me?"
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2012, 12:58:00 am »

When I was like 3, I saw my dad shaving and I was like "wow that's so rad" and tried it out. I ended up flaying most of the skin off the front of my chin, leaving it bright red in many of my old photos. Skin's still a bit rough around there to this day.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: The really, REALLY stupid thread : "Why does electricity, REALLY hate me?"
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2012, 01:54:26 am »

When I was like 3, I saw my dad shaving and I was like "wow that's so rad" and tried it out. I ended up flaying most of the skin off the front of my chin, leaving it bright red in many of my old photos. Skin's still a bit rough around there to this day.
On that certain day on a certain year, SirAaron at the age of 3 became a man, a achievement among the manly men.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27