Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This new embark...  (Read 969 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
This new embark...
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:25:42 pm »

This new embark that I just started a fortress on is pristine!   There is a peak right between two waterfalls where two steams pour into a major river, and a huge basin that I plan to fill to form a lake ...

and...

A 3z deep aquifer under just two layers of soil.

Aquifer busting project # 783a shal now commence.

This'll be fun.  Screenshots available upon request, at the cost of allowing one elven caravan to leave your fortress unharmed.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: This new embark...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:35:47 pm »

Someone who doesn't have a vendetta against Elves?

Breath of fresh air :D

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

Give him time. :D

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »

Sounds like a nice embark - good luck with the aquifer, shouldn't be too bad really, out of curiosity though is the aquifer through the entire map or only part of it? usually when I have a peak and an aquifer, the aquifer stops under the peak and there's a dry path below it.

The elves aren't nearly as bitchy as they use to be, I still don't like the pretentious pointy-ears but they're much more tolerable now than they once were, I even trade with them now in the early years of my fortresses (use to be I'd just claim their caravan's goods and send them on their way). Their most useful as practice for the military though, damn pointy ears whine about us making wooden goods, and then attack us with wooden weapons and armour, they deserve to be cut down by dwarven axes, just like their precious trees.

Jimmy T. Malice

• Bay Watcher
  • The severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 03:13:00 pm »

You voluntarily embarked upon an aquifer? You are brave indeed.
Urist McDorf cancels Pull lever: not that bloody stupid

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:25:42 pm »

Sounds cool. Are you going to bother making your migrants into Adequate swimmers?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 03:31:29 pm »

Sounds like a nice embark - good luck with the aquifer, shouldn't be too bad really, out of curiosity though is the aquifer through the entire map or only part of it? usually when I have a peak and an aquifer, the aquifer stops under the peak and there's a dry path below it.

The elves aren't nearly as bitchy as they use to be, I still don't like the pretentious pointy-ears but they're much more tolerable now than they once were, I even trade with them now in the early years of my fortresses (use to be I'd just claim their caravan's goods and send them on their way). Their most useful as practice for the military though, damn pointy ears whine about us making wooden goods, and then attack us with wooden weapons and armour, they deserve to be cut down by dwarven axes, just like their precious trees.

The elves don't bother me.  Yeah, they're mean, but so is everyone else - including me!

There is no break in the aquifer except the walls of the gorge containing the major river.

You voluntarily embarked upon an aquifer? You are brave indeed.
No, just crazy.

Sounds cool. Are you going to bother making your migrants into Adequate swimmers?

Yes, eventually.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 04:34:13 pm »

Screenies pl0x? Last elven caravan was let off unharmed (read: escaped before I realized) so I guess you owe me one!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:01:32 pm »

I've started "sculpting" the terrain to make it look more awesome.  I'll post a screenshot when I've done a bit more of that, but right now it's half finished and really kinda ugly.

EDIT:

"An ambush!  Curse them!"   Yay, first for the fort <3

Wait a second...

Hey morons, you're on the wrong side of the canyon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:10:16 pm by Vehudur »