Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85755 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D5 - Silly Drunk Book [6/13]
« Reply #825 on: February 27, 2012, 04:41:20 am »

*sigh* OK, I'm an SK, but I hate it when people don't respond to my questions directly... it's not about alignment, it's about courtesy. Oh well. Whatever.

Are you really trying to tell me you wouldn't like to know which auto ability isn't the best one to nuke off ahead of time?
Web's claimed ability is not to "nuke", but to "reset":
My one-shot's a reset. I turn someone back into their original role.
Whether you believe him or not, you pulled "nuke" out of your arse. (or back it up, if you can)

That doesn't mean I wouldn't benefit from some input. I seem to have completely forgotten about scum's NK when I made that plan, because of that oversight, it's a broken plan. As for Think's assertion, I missed that until Book brought it up just now. This isn't a Bastard game, so I would think Think is telling the truth. I'm fairly certain of your townhood, so that leaves Penngo. If we lynch Wubba, I can redirect Book to Penngo or Penngo to book and the remaining townies lynch the one still alive.
Yeah, you could use some input. Yeah, your plan is broken. Yeah, you are scum. Yeah, you are sure of Toaster's townhood.

But sure, say you "redirect Book to Penngo or Penngo to book": how does town win from that?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 27, 2012, 10:25:02 am »

Web:
And you're really grasping at straws there. If I were scum, how could I know it benefits me more without actually KNOWING what the roles are? I also must've planned this a month before the game started. I'm clearly some sort of omniscient being.

Are you really trying to tell me you wouldn't like to know which auto ability isn't the best one to nuke off ahead of time?

Also, who do you think is scum? Because I want to hear what you're going to say.

You're my top pick, but damned if I can tell who #2 is.  Dariush is being... I have no idea what he's doing, but there's Think's clarification that says he is indeed town.  Native is bullheadedly stuck to a plan fraught with peril, and Penngo isn't backing up any of his cases.

Native:  You're the mastermind of that plan- what's your opinion of it?  Also, what of Think's assertion that you seem to be conveniently ignoring?
Hehehe.

How can the nuke ability be real and penngo be scum, Toaster? Those seem to be two counter problems. But, if penngo isn't scum, then he's town. That would mean my partner would be voting for me. So, who's my partner then? Is it the lurker Dariush? Is it the refusing to answer questions Native? Is it the chainsawing for Native Toaster? Is it the SK Bookthras? Do you realize how stupid all of that sounds? Because I don't think you do.

I'll Extend this, because I'm not looking for a tie today. I don't want one. I'm sure you and Native are in love with ties, though.

So... what's the plan, Toaster? Switch at the last second to look like bussing scum? Hope Dariush doesn't switch?

Native:  You're the mastermind of that plan- what's your opinion of it?  Also, what of Think's assertion that you seem to be conveniently ignoring?

That doesn't mean I wouldn't benefit from some input. I seem to have completely forgotten about scum's NK when I made that plan, because of that oversight, it's a broken plan. As for Think's assertion, I missed that until Book brought it up just now. This isn't a Bastard game, so I would think Think is telling the truth. I'm fairly certain of your townhood, so that leaves Penngo. If we lynch Wubba, I can redirect Book to Penngo or Penngo to book and the remaining townies lynch the one still alive.

However, none of that matters if the vote remains tied.
You? Benefit from input? Is that so you don't have to do anything yourself?

I love how you sit there and do nothing. You are simply so convincing that you're going to wait for people to vote me? What a scumbag. Doesn't defend himself? Lies? Votes reasonless? None of that must matter to you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:51 am »

If yes, go ahead and bet the game on a possible mislynch/nolynch.
Aren't all mafia games basically that?
If not, then either work at changing his mind and vote Wuba (or a nolynch would happen anyway) or realise that neither Native nor Toaster are about to bus Wuba at this stage, and switch your vote to Native.
Stop blackmailing me, you piece of shit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:19 am »

If yes, go ahead and bet the game on a possible mislynch/nolynch.
Aren't all mafia games basically that?
If not, then either work at changing his mind and vote Wuba (or a nolynch would happen anyway) or realise that neither Native nor Toaster are about to bus Wuba at this stage, and switch your vote to Native.
Stop blackmailing me, you piece of shit.
Stop lurking and play.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:18 pm »

Extend, first off.

I've been thinking about this game all wrong. With Book (SK) and Dariush (town) no longer options for Mafia, that leaves three people- Web, Penngo, and Native. The team is some two out of those three, so let's look at each of those teams.

Web/Penngo

Penngo hasn't done any real hunting- he's accused me and Native without providing any evidence or reason.

Web's been puking bile everywhere, but he, at least, is attacking people. My case on him has been shaken and I'm losing confidence in my vote.

Web/Native
This team would have spend the entire day bussing the hell out of each other. They'd also be relying on a crazy gambit wherein Native explains away his fake one-shot kill by "wasting" it on Web. Native tries to set up a bum plan and Web attacks him and his plan all day.

Native, despite his long back and forth with Web, hasn't done any actual hunting today. Once his plan was popped, he's stopped dead in his tracks.

Penngo/Native

Native has pretty much ignored Penngo all game, dropping down to a "by default" accusation of him today with no reasoning or thought behind it- see above comment on his lack of hunting.

Penngo, again, hasn't done much hunting either. He's thrown out an accusation, but hasn't backed it up.

Native: Why are you not hunting? Why all the effort put forth to argue with Web without actually doing hunting of your own? If you had put thought into your own plan, you would have seen the gaping hole.

Penngo: When are you going to put up cases to back up your claims?

Web: See above for answers to your questions.

Book: I know what he claimed- I was accusing him of lying, given that no one claimed a nuke ability. It is feasible, I suppose, that Penngo is lying about ever having the ability.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 27, 2012, 03:28:46 pm »

But sure, say you "redirect Book to Penngo or Penngo to book": how does town win from that?

Unless I'm missing something, that gets rid of either the last scum or the SK, leaving two townies against whichever is remaining.

Toaster: No good reason, actually. It might have something to do with my confidence in the Wubba/Penngo team. As for the plan, I posted that after going about two days without sleep, I'm not surprised I missed the hole.

Webadict: Yeah, I would benefit from input so I don't miss something.

I've been over this. I've defended myself against the same accusations multiple times, haven't lied, and I've reasoned my vote well enough.

Extend.

I've had a busy weekend and I'm traveling all day today and tomorrow.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »

Webadict: Yeah, I would benefit from input so I don't miss something.

I've been over this. I've defended myself against the same accusations multiple times, haven't lied, and I've reasoned my vote well enough.

Extend.

I've had a busy weekend and I'm traveling all day today and tomorrow.
Where are these defenses? Where is this reasoning? I'm sorry, but if you have no quotes, then they don't exist.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 27, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »

Do you really want me to redirect you back to our back-and-forth, where I defended myself multiple times against the same thing?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:11 pm »

The problem is that all you are doing is defending yourself.  There's no hunting, there's no looking for scum, it's just you going WEB AND DARIUSH PENNGO ARE SCUM LA LA LA.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »

Do you really want me to redirect you back to our back-and-forth, where I defended myself multiple times against the same thing?
Sure. Feel free to quote the important parts where you defended yourself against specific accusations.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 27, 2012, 09:19:18 pm »

Day extended to Tuesday!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »

Extend.

I really want to see Native try to do something.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 28, 2012, 01:42:19 am »

Oppose extension.

I really want to see someone try to do something, but lurking the weekend away, then lurking the Monday away, then lurking the Tuesday away, and extending to keep lurking? Hell no. I'll withdraw the opposition if activity warrants it, but otherwise let's let what's going to happen happen.

Town: a tie means you lose. It behooves you to break the tie one way or another.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 28, 2012, 02:22:52 am »

Vote count!
Webadict [3]: Toaster, NativeForeigner, Dariush
NativeForeigner [3]: Webadict, Book, Penngo

Day ends tomorrow!

Think0028 is sitting on the couch, reading a book. It feels like this is gonna take a while...
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 28, 2012, 08:35:49 am »

Oppose extension.

I really want to see someone try to do something, but lurking the weekend away, then lurking the Monday away, then lurking the Tuesday away, and extending to keep lurking? Hell no. I'll withdraw the opposition if activity warrants it, but otherwise let's let what's going to happen happen.

Town: a tie means you lose. It behooves you to break the tie one way or another.
It's really hard to do something by yourself. Native not doing anything means that no one will participate, meaning that he can lurk the Day away to victory.

He's really searching hard for those posts, guys.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61