Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85757 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Dariush:  Have you posted an opinion today?
Dunno.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Dariush:  Have you posted an opinion today?
Dunno.
You do so much, it's ridiculous. Thanks for that. It's totally helpful.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D5 - Silly Drunk Book [6/13]
« Reply #812 on: February 25, 2012, 04:37:19 pm »

So are we just lurking today then? Is that what we're doing?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:08 pm »

Damn it, I specifically didn't want a lurky weekend.

Dariush! Toaster! One of you is town, the other is scum. The one who is town should think slowly and clearly why they're voting web instead of Native, and switch the damned vote. Want an argument? How about this: the other one of you two is scum and is voting wuba; do you think scum are in the bussing business at 6 players left? Of course not, the one who is scum knows wuba is town, so take that hint, and vote Native for being scum.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 25, 2012, 07:24:10 pm »

I mean, Native isn't even TRYING to come up with an argument. He's said so. I suppose I'm wrong in that it's not that he doesn't care who's lynched: He just doesn't care why someone's lynched.

But, I guess we're just playing the waiting game of "Native doesn't have to do anything."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:01 pm »

Native:
Toaster: I'm starting to have my doubts with Penngo's recent actions. The vehemency with which he's defending Webadict and attacking you and me is ridiculous. He's being just as bad as Webadict about ignore key points in the arguments and the way he opposed the shorten makes me think he was just creating time for Webadict to start ranting again.

So I came up with a slightly different plan, I'm assuming that Dariush was telling the truth about the fact that anyone who kills him also dies (if he was lying, he's probably scum, anyway). So, I'm going to redirect Book to Dariush. Book kills Dariush, Dariush's ability kills book. If Dariush is scum, yay. If he's town, he sacrificed himself for the victory and then you and I lynch Penngo.

And when I get scumkilled and it's just you and Penngo?  I don't think you've actually thought this through, or you indeed have and have an entirely different plan.

Penngo:  You said it best:
however it is so obvious you and toaster are mafia...

Where is your proof

Also, this is gold:

Penngo:
Seriously?  Are you trying to help the confirmed serial killer?  What the hell are you thinking?  Are you trying to get everyone killed?
No, I'm trying to make you and Native lose, you scumbuddies(I'd rather let book win). I still have ideas of my own how to win however, all of them are ridiculously unlikely.

Man, I wish all townies had your work ethic, throwing away their chance to win to entertain a vendetta.

Dariush:  If you're not going to play, don't sign up.  If you are playing, how can you possibly justify your actions working to fulfill your wincon?

Web:  Yes, seriously.

Yes, I went with the massclaim once it started rolling.  It's an interesting idea, to be sure.  The point is you knew it'd benefit your team far more than the town, which is why you kicked it off.

I'll give you that point on Leafsnail- I think I misread that on my reread.

Where'd you think he was scum yesterday?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 26, 2012, 12:34:17 am »

Web:  Yes, seriously.

Yes, I went with the massclaim once it started rolling.  It's an interesting idea, to be sure.  The point is you knew it'd benefit your team far more than the town, which is why you kicked it off.

I'll give you that point on Leafsnail- I think I misread that on my reread.

Where'd you think he was scum yesterday?
So, I guess this is "defend NativeForeigner for him" Day? Cool. Why is it never "listen to the guy that's right" day?

And you're really grasping at straws there. If I were scum, how could I know it benefits me more without actually KNOWING what the roles are? I also must've planned this a month before the game started. I'm clearly some sort of omniscient being.

I don't think you even read what you write.

And
This is complicated by the fact that NativeForeigner is probably scum

Also, who do you think is scum? Because I want to hear what you're going to say.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 26, 2012, 05:53:48 am »

Dariush:  If you're not going to play, don't sign up.  If you are playing, how can you possibly justify your actions working to fulfill your wincon?
Pop quiz: why would town Wuba rally people to lynch an SK at LYLO? (Hint: he wouldn't)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 26, 2012, 09:37:07 am »

Pop quiz: why would town Wuba rally people to lynch an SK at LYLO? (Hint: he wouldn't)
When said SK was our only hope to win. Do I need to explain more?

Try getting to 1 Townies and 1 SK. What then, Dariush? Do we win at 1 Townie and 1 SK? What? No, you say? Congratulations, you now see exactly the problem I did.

No one wins at 1 Townie and 1 SK. If the SK is killed, he serves as a Vigilante for one Night, removing one scum, since the scum must kill him if THEY wish to win.

Gets down to 5p the next Day. That's when it's lylo the real lylo.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 26, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »

Who do you think is Wuba's buddy, then?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 26, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »

Native:
And when I get scumkilled and it's just you and Penngo?  I don't think you've actually thought this through, or you indeed have and have an entirely different plan.

Crap, didn't think of that. Any alternate ideas? The more I think about it, the more I think Dariush is town and Penngo is scum, but I'm not sure.

Everyone: A tie means a scum victory, just sayin'.

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 26, 2012, 05:49:58 pm »

That has got to be the fifth quote you've screwed up.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:49 pm »

Everyone: A tie means a scum victory, just sayin'.

Very true. So, given that the scum are not about to bus a buddy at 6 players left, the scum team is either a) Wuba + Penngo, or b) Native + one of Dariush or Toaster. There's no way around this. Whoever is town has to either commit to the Wuba+Penngo (previously Jack AT) theory, or vote Native. For town, the game is riding on this vote.

I am pretty sure Penngo is town, given Jack's behaviour D1/D2, and he hasn't betrayed scum tells (an inexperienced player would've by now). I was pretty sure about Toaster D4, but the mod clarified about the PM, meaning that Dariush is town. Therefore, it has to be Native and Toaster. Since votes are pretty much committed, the decisive choice seems to be Dariush's.

Dariush: Forget about Wuba for a moment. Do you think Penngo is scum? If yes, go ahead and bet the game on a possible mislynch/nolynch. If not, then either work at changing his mind and vote Wuba (or a nolynch would happen anyway) or realise that neither Native nor Toaster are about to bus Wuba at this stage, and switch your vote to Native.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 26, 2012, 11:47:07 pm »

Web:
And you're really grasping at straws there. If I were scum, how could I know it benefits me more without actually KNOWING what the roles are? I also must've planned this a month before the game started. I'm clearly some sort of omniscient being.

Are you really trying to tell me you wouldn't like to know which auto ability isn't the best one to nuke off ahead of time?

Also, who do you think is scum? Because I want to hear what you're going to say.

You're my top pick, but damned if I can tell who #2 is.  Dariush is being... I have no idea what he's doing, but there's Think's clarification that says he is indeed town.  Native is bullheadedly stuck to a plan fraught with peril, and Penngo isn't backing up any of his cases.

Native:  You're the mastermind of that plan- what's your opinion of it?  Also, what of Think's assertion that you seem to be conveniently ignoring?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:00 am »

Native:  You're the mastermind of that plan- what's your opinion of it?  Also, what of Think's assertion that you seem to be conveniently ignoring?

That doesn't mean I wouldn't benefit from some input. I seem to have completely forgotten about scum's NK when I made that plan, because of that oversight, it's a broken plan. As for Think's assertion, I missed that until Book brought it up just now. This isn't a Bastard game, so I would think Think is telling the truth. I'm fairly certain of your townhood, so that leaves Penngo. If we lynch Wubba, I can redirect Book to Penngo or Penngo to book and the remaining townies lynch the one still alive.

However, none of that matters if the vote remains tied.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 61