Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85823 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D4 - Fall of the Soviet Penguin [7/13]
« Reply #645 on: February 16, 2012, 02:38:32 pm »

Also, that reminds me. Book, if you're still a survivor (and thus weren't killed), why didn't you attack Shakerag for lying about killing you?

I did, I accused him of trying to kill Leafsnail instead, remember? I still think that's what most likely happened, given that Leafsnail flipped town, he did report a kill attempt on him (and none on me), and Shakerag did claim to use up his kill. The only question is whether it was intentional (which fits the evidence, but would be stupid of him/scum), or was redirected (which doesn't fit the evidence, since Leafsnail's list didn't report him as being redirected). I still think it likely he's scum, and if people want to lynch him, I'll support it.

But I also still think you are scum, Dariush.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 16, 2012, 04:46:32 pm »

Day ends today at 8:00!

... 8ish!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 16, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »

Extend.

Wubba: Thinking it over, that probably is our best bet, actually. But it's certainly no sure-shot. We could also lynch (hopefully) scum today and then I have my one-shot kill to use.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 16, 2012, 05:18:49 pm »

Yes, lynching actual scum is absolutely your best bet. Duh. Why aren't people doing that?

But extend? That's extending the game into Monday! Boooring. I oppose extension onto Monday, but would agree with a limited extension to end of day Friday if people are OK with that.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 16, 2012, 05:23:38 pm »

Yes, lynching actual scum is absolutely your best bet. Duh. Why aren't people doing that?

But extend? That's extending the game into Monday! Boooring. I oppose extension onto Monday, but would agree with a limited extension to end of day Friday if people are OK with that.

I'm rather busy and would get a lot out of the extension.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 16, 2012, 05:57:16 pm »

Reading through the other games in progress, it seems that Native is currently having some problems and penngo09 is having computer issues, so I'm okay with an extend too. 

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 16, 2012, 07:04:32 pm »

Fair enough, I withdraw my opposition to extend, then, so it can go through if people want it. However, Shakerag, please keep in mind that any discussion of ongoing games outside their thread is uncool and frowned upon...

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #652 on: February 16, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »

So, how many townie corpses on the floor are needed before people admit the "D1 Mass Claim" thing does not help town?
Yeah, probably not. Might work better in a game where roles are static, and not a game like a BYOR.
Regardless of my role, I hereby state: The D1 Mass Claim idea is stupid, and hurts town, mostly because it causes scumhunting to be ignored. People will spend their days bullying people into claiming roles and actions, and coming up with crazy plans, and they will never pan out. Next day, invariably, it'll turn out that someone lied (oh noes! someone lied? in mafia?!), regardless of alignment, and the scum have their scumchat to coordinate. Result: No scumhunting. Lots of dead townies. Stupid Strategy.
No, not necessarily. It just needs a better setting where it is harder to lie about roles. Like where roles are known information.

Right, so you want to ruin a Paranormal instead? Or a near-mountainous? (like the cops/doctors/godfathers/blockers would claim, sure) Fuck that. I will oppose any such attempts. Mass claims cause scumhunting to be ignored. This hurts town, in any game.

Doesn't it?

Toaster, Dariush, Shakerag, Pengo, Webadict, Native: Who is scum and why? What are you doing to find out? Justify your current vote target, please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

Book:  In order:  You're not town, but you're also possibly not the best vote target.  I am going to reread, but I think the odds of a good one happening tonight are low, so check again in the AM.  I'm not currently voting anyone because my case on Dariush was based on a misunderstanding and therefore not valid, and I need to get a good vote going.

Shakerag should contribute- I was voting him D3 and for a pretty good reason- I'll start there with my reread.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 17, 2012, 12:56:14 am »

Toaster: So, in order: no clue, no clue, no clue. Cute. Do you have opinions on the validity of a D1 mass claim as a strategy to achieve a town victory?

How come it's DAY FOUR and there are no clear indications or strong stances on who maybe, perhaps, has appeared somewhat scummy, maybe enough for at least a pressure vote?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 17, 2012, 01:38:22 am »

Bleh. I'm telling you guys, if we don't lynch Bookthras, we lose later. Even if we do lynch scum, what happens is:

7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch M
5 left - 2 T, 2 M, 1 S
Lynch M
3 left - 1 T, 1 M, 1 S
Lynch M

I guess the best we get is a tie game, since I'm pretty sure Bookthras is an sk, and not a survivor like he claims. If we lynch Bookthras, we're basically gambling that he's killable at some point, but he'll have to kill the mafia, or he loses.

Either that, or we should lynch penngo for lurking.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 17, 2012, 02:15:42 am »

Bleh. I'm telling you guys, if we don't lynch Bookthras, we lose later. Even if we do lynch scum, what happens is:

7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch M
5 left - 2 T, 2 M, 1 S
Lynch M
3 left - 1 T, 1 M, 1 S
Lynch M

I guess the best we get is a tie game, since I'm pretty sure Bookthras is an sk, and not a survivor like he claims. If we lynch Bookthras, we're basically gambling that he's killable at some point, but he'll have to kill the mafia, or he loses.

Either that, or we should lynch penngo for lurking.

Yeah, whatever. You didn't answer my questions: who is scum and why? Or do you no longer care? And do you plan to push for this D1 mass claim bullcrap in another game?

But I take issue with your numbers. First, you assume there are three mafia left... but Orange didn't flip, so can't know for sure, right? Even if there are three left, if I'm lynched, I'll kill you tonight (which I guess has a 50% chance of failure):

... say it hits and you're town:
7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch S
5 left - 1 T, 3 M, 1 S
Town loss, no matter what.

... say it misses and you're town:
7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch S
5 left - 2 T, 3 M, 1 S

... say it hits and you're scum:
7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch S
5 left - 2 T, 2 M, 1 S
Lynch S
3 left - 1 T, 2M

... say it misses and you're scum:
7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch S
6 left - 2 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch S
4 left - 1 T, 3M

Your pushing for a plan that results for a town loss in every possible permutation tells me you are probably scum.

But yes, the only chance town has is in lynching scum today. Yet I see no efforts to that end. Who are the scum? I think Dariush is clearly at the top, probably with Shakerag & Native as buddies (though webadict is getting there). I will support a lynch of any of these; though lynching Pengo for lurking works for me too.

Just make up your damed minds, dammit! Why do we have to wait till Monday? Boooring!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 17, 2012, 03:43:32 am »

Day extended to Monday!

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #658 on: February 17, 2012, 04:30:19 am »

Toaster, Dariush, Shakerag, Pengo, Webadict, Native: Who is scum and why? What are you doing to find out? Justify your current vote target, please.

Probably either Toaster because he has no apparent leads on D4 or Wubba for promoting a "last ditch" plan that isn't exactly last ditch and I feel will probably result in town losing. I'm not doing a whole lot to find out just yet. Don't have a vote target because I don't like to throw votes around without a good reason.

What makes you think I'm scum? Why are you okay with lynching Penngo for lurking if you don't think he's scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:38 am »

But I take issue with your numbers. First, you assume there are three mafia left... but Orange didn't flip, so can't know for sure, right? Even if there are three left, if I'm lynched, I'll kill you tonight (which I guess has a 50% chance of failure):
Orangebottle can't be scum. There are a few reasons for this:

1) Leafsnail used Orangebottle's ability, and was Town himself. Therefore, Orangebottle wasn't lying about his ability, meaning his one-shot could not have been the Doppelganger ability.
2) He was the only one killed on that Night.
3) It doesn't make sense for no one else to claim it if it was performed by anyone but the Mafia, and since you're the sk and there is almost a 0% chance of another sk, I can safely assume Orangebottle was not mafia.

And if you kill me tonight, you also lose, so you won't do it. I assume you see that you lose if you're lynched today, which is why you've manufactured these. The fact is, we need either you or NativeForeigner to hit mafia in order to win. This is complicated by the fact that NativeForeigner is probably scum, and by the fact that you realize you're going to lose.

Like I said, you're an sk. If you're alive at the end like that, then we lose or tie or something. I could probably ask Think0028: what happens if we have a kill-less sk and a single townie left alive at the end?

Luckily, I have faith that you actually want the Town to win over the mafia, which is why I'm going with this. If, instead, you wish to be vindictive, seeing as how you lose if you kill wrong, well, that's cool.

Probably either Toaster because he has no apparent leads on D4 or Wubba for promoting a "last ditch" plan that isn't exactly last ditch and I feel will probably result in town losing. I'm not doing a whole lot to find out just yet. Don't have a vote target because I don't like to throw votes around without a good reason.

What makes you think I'm scum? Why are you okay with lynching Penngo for lurking if you don't think he's scum?
It's actually pretty last ditch. We either use the sk as a vigilante, or we lose because he's an sk. Your lack of kill every Night you were supposed to is why you're scum.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 61