Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85854 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - DKTE - Think0028 Edition [9/13]
« Reply #630 on: February 15, 2012, 01:42:03 pm »

Regardless, I don't see a real reason to kill Bookthras while he's a survivor.
He can only be a survivor if Shakerag lied about killing him. Except there's no reason for Shakerag to lie. Sure, we may lynch him and find out the truth, but that'll leave Book alive for one more day if Shakerag was telling the truth and we'll lose a townie. However, if we lynch Book right now, two things may happen: either he resurrects, we get a single night with SK alive, lynch him the next day and Shakerag the day after that, OR he dies and Shakerag becomes a confirmed town, or at least a non-liar. Do I really need to point out why lynching Book is by far the best course we can possible take?
Both of those outcomes are losses or near-losses for the Town. So, why would we do that?
Because if we don't get any of them and he turns out to have been killed by Shakerag back then, we'll have an SK among us, who has a bunch of nasty powers if ECF's flavor turns out to be more than flavor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - DKTE - Think0028 Edition [9/13]
« Reply #631 on: February 15, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »

Regardless, I don't see a real reason to kill Bookthras while he's a survivor.
He can only be a survivor if Shakerag lied about killing him. Except there's no reason for Shakerag to lie. Sure, we may lynch him and find out the truth, but that'll leave Book alive for one more day if Shakerag was telling the truth and we'll lose a townie. However, if we lynch Book right now, two things may happen: either he resurrects, we get a single night with SK alive, lynch him the next day and Shakerag the day after that, OR he dies and Shakerag becomes a confirmed town, or at least a non-liar. Do I really need to point out why lynching Book is by far the best course we can possible take?
Both of those outcomes are losses or near-losses for the Town. So, why would we do that?
Because if we don't get any of them and he turns out to have been killed by Shakerag back then, we'll have an SK among us, who has a bunch of nasty powers if ECF's flavor turns out to be more than flavor.
But if we kill him, then we go down to 6 people. And since there are three scum, we lose. There is no winning with that logic, Dariush. Even if he wasn't killed, you will then have an actual sk killing people with the mafia.

Therefore, it's the dumbest move we can make. Maybe. It's likely we already lost because of me being stupid, but I have no clue.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D4 - Fall of the Soviet Penguin [7/13]
« Reply #632 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:03 pm »

Oh, sure. Except you missed one tiny detail - if we lynch anybody except Book, we'll be down to 8 people this evening and most likely down to 6 tomorrow, assuming no shenanigans like roleblocks, additional Book's abilities or scum simply not killing. We're fucked either way, but if we don't lynch Book, we'll be EXTREMELY fucked.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 15, 2012, 02:31:35 pm »

EBWODP:

Wait-wait-wait. I was going off the titles of the last posts instead of the thread title and thought there were 9 people alive.

Okay, looks like lynching Book indeed won't do much. Toaster for reasonless vote on me and hypocrisy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 15, 2012, 02:39:08 pm »

Dariush:  What reasonless vote?  I voted you because you complained about Native not killing Book, and immediately voted Book without so much as a question to Native, which is what I said when I voted you.

hypocrisy.

[citation needed]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 15, 2012, 02:47:10 pm »

I wasn't even aware Native had to kill Book. I saw that SK was still alive, I voted him.

hypocrisy.
[citation needed]
If you thought Native's explanation as to why he didn't kill Book is so important, why didn't you ask him for it yourself?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #636 on: February 15, 2012, 02:50:25 pm »

Dariush:
Bookthras: STILL NOT DEAD FOR SOME FUCKING REASON

I'm talking about this.

Also, I already answered the second question.

Dariush:  Because I'd rather question you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #637 on: February 15, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »

Dariush:
Bookthras: STILL NOT DEAD FOR SOME FUCKING REASON
I'm talking about this.
I referred to him not getting lynched the previous day and somebody (no one in particular) not killing him during the night.
Also, I already answered the second question.
Dariush:  Because I'd rather question you.
That's not an aswer, that's a deflection.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 15, 2012, 03:44:23 pm »

Dariush:  Hmm... I think I see what you mean now.  Unvote Dariush.

I interpreted your reaction as "What the hell Native, why didn't you kill Book?"  That coupled with your vote of Book and ignoring of Native I read (erroneously) as scummy.   I was more interested in specifically your lack of questioning of Native than a lack of questioning him in general; hence me voting you.  I thought you were possibly deflecting away from a scumbuddy.  Doesn't look like that now.

Native has answered as to why he didn't kill Book.  It wasn't a great reason, but it doesn't merit further attention.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:42 pm »

Bookthras.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:27 pm »

Hmm... Miscounted. Unvote. Oh well. Toaster, then.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 16, 2012, 12:08:27 am »

I reset penngo.

Wait, why?  What was there to reset?

Oh, and I can't remember if I said this already or not, but I roleblocked Book last night. 

Okay, why is Book voting Toaster now?  Why in the hell was he voting himself before? 

Oh, and where'd penngo09 get off to as well? 

Native: Do you really believe Book is a survivor right now?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:57 am »

Native: Do you really believe Book is a survivor right now?

I'm having second thoughts, but I'm not convinced.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 16, 2012, 07:44:46 am »

Also, that reminds me. Book, if you're still a survivor (and thus weren't killed), why didn't you attack Shakerag for lying about killing you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 16, 2012, 09:44:58 am »

I reset penngo.

Wait, why?  What was there to reset?
He lost his Auto ability.

And, we might actually have a better time lynching Bookthras. Seeing as how the Town is screwed regardless, lynching him will give us someone that HAS to kill mafia if he wants to win. Really, I don't see any other way to win, seeing as how Bookthras will probably vote however he wants, at least with him in killing form we have a shot. Not much of one, mind you, but I'm really all out of ideas at this point.

Like, literal last straw here.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61