Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85846 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:34 am »

Now that's interesting, Dariush.  Native doesn't kill Book for whatever reason, and you immediately vote Book without even addressing a question to Native.  Trying to distract from your scumbuddy not doing what he was supposed to do?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 14, 2012, 09:45:13 am »

Woohoo! I'm not dead! Why am I not dead? I thought I'd be dead. I think you guys are just afraid of the infinite pain the Wall of Flesh would unleash unto you.

A night action claim would be nice. In the mean time, I vote webadict, for leading the lynch on Leafsnail, who flipped town, and for muddying the issue.

So, how many townie corpses on the floor are needed before people admit the "D1 Mass Claim" thing does not help town? I ask everyone yet again: Who is scum and why? You've not managed to find even one of them!
I reset penngo.

Yeah, probably not. Might work better in a game where roles are static, and not a game like a BYOR.

Leafsnail was the only one that made sense to remove an auto ability, which is pretty much the only thing I was going off of.

The problem is, though, if you're a Survivor, then we're screwed. If you're not, then we're also pretty much screwed. There's really no way for Town to win. Well... almost. But, I'm still figuring it out.

I'm so lost as to the severe lack of kills.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 14, 2012, 10:42:36 am »

So, how many townie corpses on the floor are needed before people admit the "D1 Mass Claim" thing does not help town?
Yeah, probably not. Might work better in a game where roles are static, and not a game like a BYOR.

Was this a relply to my question about the mass claim? Until we have more data to go on, it seems like a worthy discussion topic.

Regardless of my role, I hereby state: The D1 Mass Claim idea is stupid, and hurts town, mostly because it causes scumhunting to be ignored. People will spend their days bullying people into claiming roles and actions, and coming up with crazy plans, and they will never pan out. Next day, invariably, it'll turn out that someone lied (oh noes! someone lied? in mafia?!), regardless of alignment, and the scum have their scumchat to coordinate. Result: No scumhunting. Lots of dead townies. Stupid Strategy.

D1 Mass Claim? After this game, whoever proposes it is either scum or stupid (or both).

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:41 am »

Now that's interesting, Dariush.  Native doesn't kill Book for whatever reason, and you immediately vote Book without even addressing a question to Native.  Trying to distract from your scumbuddy not doing what he was supposed to do?
We may deal with Native, whatever his aligment is, later. We have a CONFIRMED SK. About seeing whom dead only I seem to care.

Also, why aren't you addressing a question to Native or voting the CONFIRMED SK?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2012, 11:54:21 am »

Dariush:  Because I'd rather question you.  He'll come out about his night actions eventually.

Speaking of night actions, there are four killers around.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 14, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »

So, how many townie corpses on the floor are needed before people admit the "D1 Mass Claim" thing does not help town?

Was this a relply to my question about the mass claim? Until we have more data to go on, it seems like a worthy discussion topic.

Regardless of my role, I hereby state: The D1 Mass Claim idea is stupid, and hurts town, mostly because it causes scumhunting to be ignored. People will spend their days bullying people into claiming roles and actions, and coming up with crazy plans, and they will never pan out. Next day, invariably, it'll turn out that someone lied (oh noes! someone lied? in mafia?!), regardless of alignment, and the scum have their scumchat to coordinate. Result: No scumhunting. Lots of dead townies. Stupid Strategy.

D1 Mass Claim? After this game, whoever proposes it is either scum or stupid (or both).
No, not necessarily. It just needs a better setting where it is harder to lie about roles. Like where roles are known information.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 14, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »

Why would I want to use my one-shot to bring about the Wall of Flesh? If I was supposed to, I must have missed it, I've been rather distracted lately.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - DKTE - Think0028 Edition [9/13]
« Reply #622 on: February 14, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »

Native:
Why don't we go with yesterday's plan of having Urist McA Native kill Book in the night and just lynch him tomorrow if he revives?  That way he's gone either way.

Also, seriously?  Let's last night action claim, please.

Was it told that my kill is a one-shot? Also, I apparently haven't performed any night actions all game.

You saw me suggest it, at least.  Book, Dariush, and Shakerag all saw it and thought it was going to happen.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 14, 2012, 06:34:06 pm »

Native:
Why don't we go with yesterday's plan of having Urist McA Native kill Book in the night and just lynch him tomorrow if he revives?  That way he's gone either way.

Was it told that my kill is a one-shot? Also, I apparently haven't performed any night actions all game.

You saw me suggest it, at least.  Book, Dariush, and Shakerag all saw it and thought it was going to happen.
Killing Bookthras is actually a pretty terrible idea.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:35 pm »

Native:

Oh, I see where I messed up. When I went to recall the thread for my night-action, I remembered incorrectly that you suggested to kill Think, failing to realize that he was the mod. I got my games mixed up and thought Think had died, so I didn't use my kill. Regardless, I don't see a real reason to kill Bookthras while he's a survivor.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D4 - Fall of the Soviet Penguin [7/13]
« Reply #625 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »

Kill me? Why would you want to kill me? Am I that terrible of a mod?...
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2012, 03:06:56 am »

Vote count!

Dariush [2] - Toaster, Bookthras
Bookthras [1] - Dariush
Not Voting: Penngo, Shakerag, webadict, NativeForeigner

Think0028 is still obviously shaken by Native's intent to kill him. Even if it was an 'accident.' He's clutching a small plastic sword to his chest.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 15, 2012, 08:00:48 am »

Regardless, I don't see a real reason to kill Bookthras while he's a survivor.
He can only be a survivor if Shakerag lied about killing him. Except there's no reason for Shakerag to lie. Sure, we may lynch him and find out the truth, but that'll leave Book alive for one more day if Shakerag was telling the truth and we'll lose a townie. However, if we lynch Book right now, two things may happen: either he resurrects, we get a single night with SK alive, lynch him the next day and Shakerag the day after that, OR he dies and Shakerag becomes a confirmed town, or at least a non-liar. Do I really need to point out why lynching Book is by far the best course we can possible take?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:54 am »

Engaging in birthday celebrations; will post tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »

Regardless, I don't see a real reason to kill Bookthras while he's a survivor.
He can only be a survivor if Shakerag lied about killing him. Except there's no reason for Shakerag to lie. Sure, we may lynch him and find out the truth, but that'll leave Book alive for one more day if Shakerag was telling the truth and we'll lose a townie. However, if we lynch Book right now, two things may happen: either he resurrects, we get a single night with SK alive, lynch him the next day and Shakerag the day after that, OR he dies and Shakerag becomes a confirmed town, or at least a non-liar. Do I really need to point out why lynching Book is by far the best course we can possible take?
Both of those outcomes are losses or near-losses for the Town. So, why would we do that?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61