Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85789 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? - One Replacement Needed [10/13]
« Reply #555 on: February 03, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »

Cool story, Book. Remind me how we're supposed to kill you again.

I'm voting you for now because there might be problems later. I'm too annoyed right now to make an adequate post, so I'm going to post over the weekend.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 05, 2012, 08:39:44 pm »

I would be happy to be a replacement. :)
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 05, 2012, 08:46:22 pm »

For some reason I misremembered ECrown's inspection result (I thought it was "survivor who becomes SK when lynched").  UnvoteBookthras.

Ideally there'd be some way to kill him again tonight if he revives but MBP's ability should probably take priority.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 06, 2012, 01:58:59 am »

penngo009: Great! One more, and we're back to full. Please be sure to send a PM to Think0028, and read the thread. More below.

However, before we move on, we have some major lurkers that need to come up and tell us their thoughts, or be branded stalling scum: Ottofar & MBP, I'm looking at you!

I would be happy to be a replacement. :)
To give you time to catch up, and hopefully one more replacement to jump in, I withdraw my earlier "limited extension" thing, and place a brand new extension from Monday so it can be extended to Wednesday. The game is not as complex as it seems, and the replacements should be able to catch up rather painlessly. But a summary:

- D1, a mass claim was agreed (proposed by webadict, supported by Leafsnail and others, dissenting voices were bullied into agreeing on penalty of being lynched). Early claim summary here, updated one below, including known/spent powers.

- End of D1, Powder Miner (town) was lynched, for the crime of claiming to be NK-immune.

- D2 start, OrangeBottle was dead, but didn't flip.

- D2, ECrownofFire revealed he had an inspect instead of a kill, which he used on me (more about this below), but his lie eventually resulted on his lynch. He flipped town.

- D3: No one dies during the night (three corpses now on the floor: two town, one didn't flip). Leafsnail claims to have a list of who actioned on whom. There's a kill attempt on him. Shakerag claimed to have used his kill on me. No other kill attempts are recorded according to Leaf's list.

- Scumhunting throughout the game has been abysmal. People have failed to hunt, instead defaulting to lynch those who weren't bullied by the "plan". D1: OrangeBottle (didn't claim fast enough), then Powder Miner (claim looked scummy or expendable); then D2 ECrownFire (lied on his claim). Not one lynch target was because he or she did or say something scummy outside the claimgame.

Here's my most current summary, though I didn't do a full reread, and I may be missing some actions/details: See here for original claim post links. Players: Please correct or add where appropriate.

*Powder Miner: French Taunters, dead, town; kill-immune, delays actions on him, 1-shot inhibits target for a day&night.
*ECrownofFire: Slashfic; 1-shot rolecop (spent on Darvi/Bookthras), cop, dead, town.
*Orangebottle: Annelida; block/redirect immune, can see who targets his target, list of what happened at night (which made Leafsnail's list)(spent), dead, didn't flip.
*Leafsnail: Someone Else's Role; gets random (auto) from a dead body; Can do random (night) from a dead body; 1-shot can do directed 1-shot from a dead body (spent, did OrangeBottle's who-did-what list).
*Bookthras/Darvi: Voodoo Doll; inanimate object: no night actions; if dipped in lava (death), Wall of Flesh (SK) appears.
*Jack A T: Egregious; can see on morning who acted on him at night (lost somehow!), protects target from night kills, 1-shot self-protect/block all actions on him.
*Dariush: Coach; his killer will die. His target will be blocked or redirected, 1-shot can message a player with an "I'm town" note (spent, messaged Toaster, who claimed Dariush was Town after some confusion).
*Shakerag: Adolph Long-Name; roleblocker, 1-shot kill (claimed as spent), 50% non-kill action resistance.
*Webadict: 14th Player; ignore 50% of actions on him, can make target immune to blocks/redirects, 1-shot reset someone to original role.
*Urist I/M: El Camino; if lynched, a random lyncher dies; can redirect at night; 1-shot kill. Likely scum (I think).
*Toaster: Western Block Party; block-immune, protector (dies if successful), 1-shot gets count of killers. Toaster: is this used up or not? Can you remind us of results? You can use this to see whether I'm a killer, so you don't have to take my word for it...
*Ottofar: the Man Who Arranges the Blocks; sees actions done on him; can redirect up to four people; 1-shot "karma" redirect action on him back to target (spent on Darvi/Bookthras) Ottofar: Why? Are you done lurking yet? Tell us your thoughts, please.

Regarding myself, I just replaced in for Darvi, and my role is "Voodoo Doll". I win if I'm alive at the end (not "if town wins"), which I call "Survivor", but some call "serial killer" even though I have no kill (or any other actions) to be serial about. If I'm lynched, however, things get interesting. Details:

For some reason I misremembered ECrown's inspection result (I thought it was "survivor who becomes SK when lynched").  UnvoteBookthras.
Bookthras:  I know what Darvi and ECF have said, but I want to hear it from you:  What is your alignment?  Do you turn into a SK on death?  Have you done so and not visibly flipped?
Currently, survivor. Yes. No.
That's a lie. You're an SK right now. ECrown said so in his claim.

The role flavour is ambiguous, and I had to exchange a few clarification PMs with Think when I agreed to replace in. I think ECrown didn't interpret what he read correctly, or failed to convey it properly. But people can make up their own opinions.

Here, I'll quote the totality of his comments about my role, and then I'll go in a bit more detail:
I used my 1-shot on Darvi last night, and discovered that he is in fact the Guide Voodoo Doll. However, he is a Serial Killer. When he dies, he turns into the Wall of Flesh, which is Very Bad for us.
No details on any of that. Just says "dies". WoF is described as devouring everything in its path. Also his wincon is being the last man standing.
That is his full role. It's an Auto ability. All it says is that when he dies, he revives as the WoF. Beyond that, nothing else.

ECrown is right: the Wall of Flesh is a Serial Killer, and I will become it if I die. I, however, am not it yet, I am an inanimate object (the voodoo doll), which being inanimate means I have no actions, certainly no kills to be serial about, nor driving passions, interest in any cake, or in anything other than to be left alone to nurse my hangover and for once not be destroyed until the end of the game. If the doll is dipped in lava (dies), the Wall of Flesh will be awakened, which will want to do some devouring, and will be the last one standing.

It is also implied that people would notice the Wall of Flesh being awakened. Stealth doesn't seem to be its strong point.

In any case, the effect is the same: if you don't kill me, I'm an innocent bystander. If you do, then rather than getting rid of me, a can of whoop-ass is opened on you. So, up to you. Do you want to strike me down, and find out whether I will become more powerful than you can imagine? Go for it. I'm kinda curious myself. Here, I'll help: Bookthras. But if you can think of a more productive thing to do before the end of day, I'll probably support it.

In any case, LURKERS! DE-fucking-LURK! I'm talking at Ottofar, MBP, Urist's & Jack's replacements, and anyone who hasn't posted recently: who is scummy and why?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? - Two Replacements Needed [10/13]
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2012, 03:30:51 am »

EBWOP: Correction about my last post: I somehow missed MBP's role and incorporated him into Ottofar's. This is how the last couple of entries in the player/role/power summary should look:

*Ottofar: the Man Who Arranges the Blocks; sees actions done on him; 1-shot can redirect up to four people. (missing one (night) action for the list? Ottofar, can you confirm/elaborate?)

* MPB: tcidabew, (auto) if killed, killer is revealed next day; 1-shot everyone targeting him is redirected to his target (spent N2 on Leafsnail, right?); (night) "karma" redirect action on him back to target (used N2 on Darvi/Bookthras) MBP: Why? Are you done lurking yet? Tell us your thoughts, please.

It was always right.      These are not the droids you're looking for.

...or something. People, please give opinions, corrections, votes, or whatever, if you'd like the game to go on.

MOD: Please prod Ottofar and MBP. And anyone who hasn't posted by midday Monday.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:09 am »

Ehum. I'm kinda tired yeah. So yeah, in addition to that I'm a RB, blocked Jack N1.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2012, 08:13:22 am »

Book, I can understand all your points except one:

Shakerag killed you, so you are an SK right now and need to die. And if by some chance he lied, we'll always be able to lynch both you and him.

That is all I have to say.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:59 am »

Hm. I've been thinking about it, and I think I've figured it out.

Leafsnail can cover for Ottofar as he blocks Toaster on the first Night and Shakerag on the second Night. Both of them seemed to have suffered memory loss from blocks. Jack A T's ability was destroyed, so it's likely Leafsnail was the one to destroy it. His role would fit that. However, since Ottofar didn't redirect last Night, then Toaster and Jack were free to protect their original targets, which may have caused them to protect the actual person dying, or I was targeted with the kill.

That means the third scum member was in charge of the first kill. The one without Orangebottle flipping. If Orangebottle was a Doppelganger, Leafsnail probably wouldn't've brought it up. It's also why Leafsnail claimed to have used his power last Night. However, Leafsnail doesn't have that power. Otherwise his claim doesn't make sense.

Three things are incorrect:
Orangebottle's One-Shot worked exactly as he claimed it did while he was alive.

The actions that occured last night (need to go, can't analyse right now):

Someone tried to kill me
Someone messaged Toaster
Someone protected me
Someone redirected webadict, Jack, me and Toaster to me
Someone protected me
Someone used "karma" on Darvi

The first one is impossible. No one in their right mind would try to kill Leafsnail. It likely covers up a failed kill on me. He was being double protected. Which is where my next point comes in:

Toaster - Heroic Guard, Gets a number of killers once, RB immune.

Toaster is a guard. You should have gotten a guard. There is no second doctor. It also should've been right next to the other protect. It would never have been so low on the list.

The last is MBP's action. That doesn't make any sense at all. I thought about it, and the only thing I can determine is that MBP was actually killing someone last Night. Urist probably was away, but MBP has no excuse. Leafsnail, however, made him one.

The third and a half is my ability, which is listed there. While technically there's a half-chance that an ability fails on me, I'm still going to use that half a chance against you.

Of course, I may have Ottofar and Toaster flipped here. That'd make sense if Toaster was the blocker and Leafsnail simply mixed up his abilities, but I really don't think Shakerag is scum, and his case is similar to Toaster's case. But, I'll worry about that later.

I also assume that Leafsnail was attempting to frame me with his last Night's claim. It doesn't make sense to accuse Jack A T and Toaster, since BOTH of their abilities are supposed to be listed there. So, why even bring that up? He also forgets about the other people that are free to target whoever, and basically points a giant finger at me. It doesn't make any amount of sense.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 06, 2012, 01:50:52 pm »

I did redirect last night, and I did redirect what LS claimed.
I blocked Jack N1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 06, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »

I did redirect last night, and I did redirect what LS claimed.
I blocked Jack N1.
You can keep saying that, but there's no way to verify that.

Plus, I'm less worried about you than I am of Leafsnail, who must be scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? [10/13]
« Reply #565 on: February 06, 2012, 02:45:13 pm »

MBP and Ottofar:  Why aren't you voting?  Who is scum and why?

Ottofar, you keep not answering my questions.

Also, Mod:  Please prod MBP.

Book:  I haven't used it yet, since both previous nights my guard was needed for plan-based shenanigans.

Web:  That plan seems awfully far fetched.  At what point would Leafsnail have come up with it?  He'd have to know OB's one-shot to be able to fakeclaim it with his own fake one-shot.  Plus, I couldn't have blocked me N1- I'm RB immune.

Are you saying the scumteam is Leaf, Otto, and MBP?  Where's your evidence on the latter two that's not just extrapolation from Leafsnail?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? [10/13]
« Reply #566 on: February 06, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »

Also, Mod:  Please prod MBP.

MOD: Please modkill MBP for excessive unrepentant lurking, and give us a votecount when you can.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 06, 2012, 08:05:07 pm »

Orangebottle's One-Shot worked exactly as he claimed it did while he was alive.

The actions that occured last night (need to go, can't analyse right now):

Someone tried to kill me
Someone messaged Toaster
Someone protected me
Someone redirected webadict, Jack, me and Toaster to me
Someone protected me
Someone used "karma" on Darvi

The first one is impossible. No one in their right mind would try to kill Leafsnail. It likely covers up a failed kill on me. He was being double protected.
I have provided an explanation - the scum have a protection bypassing kill, and thus thought I'd be a fine target to take out.  But forgot that I was immune to kills anyway due to Powder Miner's role.

The other alternatives are a) WIFOM or b) they had no better option anyway since they were lying about their role and were being redirected to me.

Which is where my next point comes in:

Toaster - Heroic Guard, Gets a number of killers once, RB immune.

Toaster is a guard. You should have gotten a guard. There is no second doctor. It also should've been right next to the other protect. It would never have been so low on the list.
...Huh?  Guards have a "protect" action too (the action names being generic).  I don't know what you mean about being "low down on the list" since there's absolutely nothing to indicate these actions follow any kind of order.

The last is MBP's action. That doesn't make any sense at all. I thought about it, and the only thing I can determine is that MBP was actually killing someone last Night. Urist probably was away, but MBP has no excuse. Leafsnail, however, made him one.
I didn't "make him an excuse".  His action last night was indeed bizarre, and I claimed that bizarre action.

...I mean, I'm actually reaaaally confused on this point.  I came up with the plan that would screw a fake MBP over in the night.  There was nothing to indicate that anyone else would think of it.  And yet I made the plan and also decided to lie to cover MBP even though that'd mean I'd be dragged down with him when he's inevitably lynched.

The third and a half is my ability, which is listed there. While technically there's a half-chance that an ability fails on me, I'm still going to use that half a chance against you.
...Huh.  This is... what.

I also assume that Leafsnail was attempting to frame me with his last Night's claim. It doesn't make sense to accuse Jack A T and Toaster, since BOTH of their abilities are supposed to be listed there. So, why even bring that up? He also forgets about the other people that are free to target whoever, and basically points a giant finger at me. It doesn't make any amount of sense.
I mentioned Jack AT and Toaster at first since I was in a hurry and couldn't remember which one of you three wasn't a guard.  I later realised that you, Shakerag and Urist M are the only three people who had the opportunity to kill me last night.  Hence why I switched before realising that Bookthras is an SK anyway (no, I'm not buying that ECrown somehow misread your clearly stated alignment).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 07, 2012, 12:16:32 am »

ECrown is right: the Wall of Flesh is a Serial Killer, and I will become it if I die. I, however, am not it yet, I am an inanimate object (the voodoo doll), which being inanimate means I have no actions, certainly no kills to be serial about, nor driving passions, interest in any cake, or in anything other than to be left alone to nurse my hangover and for once not be destroyed until the end of the game. If the doll is dipped in lava (dies), the Wall of Flesh will be awakened, which will want to do some devouring, and will be the last one standing.
You're saying that ECrown found out that Darvi is a SK as Wall of Flesh, yet somehow was confused about your current status as Survivor?

SOUNDS TOTALLY REASONABLE TO ME!

I have provided an explanation - the scum have a protection bypassing kill, and thus thought I'd be a fine target to take out.  But forgot that I was immune to kills anyway due to Powder Miner's role.

The other alternatives are a) WIFOM or b) they had no better option anyway since they were lying about their role and were being redirected to me.
I'm not going to go with WIFOM. That is really bad WIFOM. And the lying thing doesn't make sense.

The protection bypassing one does make sense though.

...Huh?  Guards have a "protect" action too (the action names being generic).  I don't know what you mean about being "low down on the list" since there's absolutely nothing to indicate these actions follow any kind of order.
I play where Guards have a "guard" ability. I don't assume it's the same thing, but I guess I can't outguess Think.

I didn't "make him an excuse".  His action last night was indeed bizarre, and I claimed that bizarre action.

...I mean, I'm actually reaaaally confused on this point.  I came up with the plan that would screw a fake MBP over in the night.  There was nothing to indicate that anyone else would think of it.  And yet I made the plan and also decided to lie to cover MBP even though that'd mean I'd be dragged down with him when he's inevitably lynched.
But, MBP still didn't do what he was supposed to. He doesn't have the message to prove his action, which doesn't make much sense at all.

...Huh.  This is... what.
I dunno. I'm too tired to think about it really. I guess I'm thinking too much about probabilities.

I mentioned Jack AT and Toaster at first since I was in a hurry and couldn't remember which one of you three wasn't a guard.  I later realised that you, Shakerag and Urist M are the only three people who had the opportunity to kill me last night.  Hence why I switched before realising that Bookthras is an SK anyway (no, I'm not buying that ECrown somehow misread your clearly stated alignment).
It still seems like you defaulted to me rather too fast.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:38 am »

You're saying that ECrown found out that Darvi is a SK as Wall of Flesh, yet somehow was confused about your current status as Survivor?

SOUNDS TOTALLY REASONABLE TO ME!

Because it doesn't say "(Survivor)"; it doesn't say anything. It says, in the flavour, about how I just want to live to the end and so on that I said, but doesn't specify "(Survivor)", which is why I made the description at the top. The Wall of Flesh, however, as part of my (auto) ability, does say "(Serial Killer)", which is what ECrown read and reported. Hence why I think he either misinterpreted or failed to convey the nuance. Not that it matters much. The point remains as before: don't kill me, and you're safe from me; kill me, and you're not. As I'm ahead in votes, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61