Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85791 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? - One Replacement Needed [10/13]
« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2012, 12:44:51 pm »

MBP, actually, should be lynched. Darvi isn't a threat right now.

Waitaminute.  You were all balls to the wall about getting rid of Darvi yesterday.  Why isn't he a threat right now?

Orangebottle's One-Shot worked exactly as he claimed it did while he was alive.

The actions that occured last night (need to go, can't analyse right now):

Someone tried to kill me
Someone messaged Toaster
Someone protected me
Someone redirected webadict, Jack, me and Toaster to me
Someone protected me
Someone used "karma" on Darvi

So one of webadict, Jack and Toaster used a kill last night, is the message I'm getting.  Pretty sure none of you guys were meant to?

Looking at MBP's ability, I would almost think Dariush would get the message.  But since I don't see Dariush getting actioned and MBP doesn't appear to have been roleblocked ... Explanation, MBP.  You need one.

Also, who has an ability named "karma"?  Because I can't find anyone claiming it.  People who didn't post ability names during the massclaim should do so now. 

What is MBP doing using his action on Darvi?

-snip-

Shakerag, where's your kill attempt on Darvi?

First, How do you know MBP's action is called "karma"? 

Secondly, as I stated before, I got flavor back that looked like it went through.  Either something totally fucked up is going on at night, or Leafsnail isn't telling the truth.  And given that Leafsnail has been a major organizer of all of these night action plans (that somehow seem to end up with a lot of holes in them), as scum he'd be in a great position to influence who does what so as to hide his scumpartners' actions. 

So, yeah, thanks for your service Leafsnail, but we need to relieve you from duty before you screw us over any more. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2012, 12:48:59 pm »

Uh. Okay. I guess my Auto works on ALL abilities that target me, whether directly or indirectly.

Leafsnail, ask if an ability that failed on its target would still show up on that list.

Waitaminute.  You were all balls to the wall about getting rid of Darvi yesterday.  Why isn't he a threat right now?
Because Crown was Town. Therefore, Darvi can't do anything until he's killed, right?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »

Looking at MBP's ability, I would almost think Dariush would get the message.  But since I don't see Dariush getting actioned and MBP doesn't appear to have been roleblocked ... Explanation, MBP.  You need one.

Also, who has an ability named "karma"?  Because I can't find anyone claiming it.  People who didn't post ability names during the massclaim should do so now.
In #mafia, "karma" means "Use the target's action on them".  So basically exactly what MBP claimed.  He used it on a completely useless person, but he would seem to have an alibi for trying to murder me last night.

Secondly, as I stated before, I got flavor back that looked like it went through.  Either something totally fucked up is going on at night, or Leafsnail isn't telling the truth.  And given that Leafsnail has been a major organizer of all of these night action plans (that somehow seem to end up with a lot of holes in them), as scum he'd be in a great position to influence who does what so as to hide his scumpartners' actions. 

So, yeah, thanks for your service Leafsnail, but we need to relieve you from duty before you screw us over any more.
Well firstly you seem to have forgotten you claimed a role with 50% chance of failed night actions against them.  Secondly that night went fine - noone died.  Free lynch, and tonight MBP can use his super redirect for a similar effect.  And there's even been a suspicious kill attempt which a fair few people have alibis for.

My current guess, incidentally, is that whoever's kill targetted me can bypass protection or something.  Guess they forgot the role which I claimed would leave me immune to kills last night anyway.

So.  Shakerag.  Urist McArathos.  Webadict.  I'm pretty sure one of you must have tried to kill me last night*, and two of you have kills that didn't go through otherwise last night.

But it's McArathos who has no excuse.  Tell me, why did you try to kill me last night?

* Looking at the player list - Dariush, MBP, Toaster, Jack AT and Ottofar all have their actions elsewhere.  Powder Miner, Orangebottle and ECrown were dead.  Darvi is confirmed to have no action.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »

Leafsnail: Ask if failed actions show up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »

Since it's not my role and Think hasn't revealed the action it seems I can't get insider knowledge (I only got the list, no context on what it meant).  Therefore I can only ask generally.

Think: If there were theoretically a role that told you the target of actions would actions that fail be included in this ability's remit?  Would abilities that have been blocked?

Although clearly a failed kill showed up.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2012, 03:39:54 pm »

Actions that are blocked would not show up on such a theoretical list. Actions that failed would also not show up. Kills that 'failed' would still show up, as they still take effect and either remove a protection or the final result is negated by an auto-ability. Basically, if I have to consider the specific action at all when I finally resolve all actions, then it would show up. An auto-ability that makes actions fail would kill the action before it is processed, while being immune to an action would prevent the effects after it is processed.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »

I'm no further than I was before I asked.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2012, 06:26:55 pm »

Alright, I'm here after work.

To put it bluntly, I forgot about this game during my harried weekend and getting caught up in the other mafia games I'm involved in.  I forgot to send in my night action.

It's a lame excuse, but the truth.  I'm sorry for it.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »

Bookthras has replaced in for Darvi.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »

Howdy, you bunch of weirdos!

It seems I am replacing Darvi. I'm mostly through with my reread, and I have to say: what a weird game.

First of all, that whole D1 massclaim thing was... interesting. Certainly changed the flow of the entire game, though hasn't been too successful at actually winning it, has it? I see two (maybe three) townie corpses on the floor, and no scum ones. So not really breaking the game, is it? However, I will agree with a very early comment by Leafsnail (paraphrasing): "it's worth trying once, and and a game where role names can be confirmed is as good a chance as any."

I find it interesting, though, that the person who didn't fully claim is the same one that started the thing going. So, webadict, what is your one-shot power? Or maybe we can venture a guess:

Someone tried to kill me
[...]
So one of webadict, Jack and Toaster used a kill last night, is the message I'm getting.  Pretty sure none of you guys were meant to?
Why is my action not on there?
Maybe it is, wuba dear, and you've just bullied people away from forcing you to claim it the whole game.

If wuba is indeed scum, then I think Leaf is the most likely to be his scumbuddy.

On the other hand, this is much more likely:

Someone tried to kill me[...]
Shakerag:  Why is Darvi alive?
Fuck if I know, man.  From my end it looked like the kill went through on Darvi.
I think the clearest explanation is that Shakerag targeted Leafsnail instead of me.

But still, one thing is clear to me: the whole mass claim thing failed to move the game closer to a town victory, and on the contrary made people dedicate the whole time to plans and counterplans instead of scumhunting, resulting in a bunch of people just waltzing around like they were confirmed townies for no real good reason.

Oh well. Interesting game, and certainly a good a chance as any to try that "D1 massclaim" hare-brained idea. One should try anything once, and all that.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:28 pm »

First of all, that whole D1 massclaim thing was... interesting. Certainly changed the flow of the entire game, though hasn't been too successful at actually winning it, has it? I see two (maybe three) townie corpses on the floor, and no scum ones. So not really breaking the game, is it? However, I will agree with a very early comment by Leafsnail (paraphrasing): "it's worth trying once, and and a game where role names can be confirmed is as good a chance as any."
To be fair, a lot of the problems with this game came from ECrown being unbelievably stupid and having a great role.  If ECrown had claimed truthfully we'd be godstomping this game by now (we have 2 docs and 2 roleblock prevents, for chrissake).  We did prevent the kill last night and have some cool information though which is nice.

Alright, I'm here after work.

To put it bluntly, I forgot about this game during my harried weekend and getting caught up in the other mafia games I'm involved in.  I forgot to send in my night action.

It's a lame excuse, but the truth.  I'm sorry for it.
Well, if that's the case, I guess you can kill someone tonight instead.  Unvote for now.  But... for 4 whole days?  Reaaally?  Don't mods usually send reminder PMs anyway?  Actually: Think - Do you send reminder pms to people who don't action?

So the two possibilities between Shakerag and Bookthras are:
1. Shakerag killed Bookthras.  Bookthras is therefore now a serial killer and is thus obviously lying about being killed last night.
2. Shakerag tried to kill me for some reason, knowing that Darvi's survival would screw him over.

To be honest I'm kindof seeing the first possibility as more likely right now.  And what's more Bookthras definitely isn't a townie, so it'd make a lot more sense to lynch him first in this standoff anyway.

I think webadict should reveal his one-shot now too.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 01, 2012, 08:50:01 pm »

Well, if that's the case, I guess you can kill someone tonight instead.  Unvote for now.  But... for 4 whole days?  Reaaally?
Alternate explanation: Ottofar and Urist A are scumbuddies, which is why he bought into your plan immediately after it was proposed. It was a golden opportunity to "forget" to off his scumbuddy.

So the two possibilities between Shakerag and Bookthras are:
1. Shakerag killed Bookthras.  Bookthras is therefore now a serial killer and is thus obviously lying about being killed last night.
2. Shakerag tried to kill me for some reason, knowing that Darvi's survival would screw him over.

To be honest I'm kindof seeing the first possibility as more likely right now.
If the first possibility had happened, wouldn't you have seen it in your list of who actioned on whom? As it is, assuming your list is trustworthy, someone did try to kill you, and Shakerag did admit to using his kill. No other attempted kills were recorded, yes?

Also, MOD: vote count, please, and when does the day end?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? [10/13]
« Reply #522 on: February 01, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »

Day ends Thursday, and I did not send reminder PMs. Votecount in 2 hours when my schedule clears.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »

Actually yeah, I guess you'd still show up on the list if you revived, since it showed me in spite of me not dying.  UnvoteShakerag.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 01, 2012, 09:56:36 pm »

Day ends Thursday, and I did not send reminder PMs. Votecount in 2 hours when my schedule clears.

MOD: Please also prod MBP & Jack AT, they haven't posted since the day started.

It sounds like the day ends in about 24 hours. On the one hand, I like faster games rather than slower, and plans are faster than scumhunting (which, by the way, can be evidenced by how you don't really seem to have actual scum suspicions, three days in); on the other hand, two people haven't been heard of at all...

...so maybe people want to think about extending. I'll support it, as long as there's activity to justify it. Extend to play? Sure. Extend to lurk? No fucking way. Since I see mostly lurking, I'll oppose extension for now, but will withdraw it if activity warrants it.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61