Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85952 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D2 - TODO: Witty Reference [11/13]
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2012, 08:57:31 am »

Ottofar:  Do you have any original opinions as to who is scum?

Leafsnail.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2012, 08:57:38 am »

That doesn't address any of my points, ECrown.

Dariush is right: Shorten.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:46 am »

Was there a specific plan for the night?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2012, 09:18:32 am »

Shakerag:
He's been quiet and lurky

If by quiet and lurky you mean I have a full time job during the day and then I spend my evenings taking care of the most ungrateful and emotionally/verbally abusive significant other someone could have, then sure.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Ottofar:

Leafsnail.

Is it any wonder I want you taken out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 24, 2012, 09:42:05 am »

Spoiler: Unrelated to Shakerag (click to show/hide)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:26 am »

Ottofar:

Leafsnail.

Is it any wonder I want you taken out?

One could read that as you wanting me taken out because I think Leafsnail is scummy.
So uh. Yeah.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 24, 2012, 10:50:27 am »

Ottofar:  If you're going to attack me, do it- don't pussyfoot around it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2012, 10:53:20 am »

What the fuck is "wasting a N1 kill" supposed to mean? If you didn't notice, everybody that still has a kill is still alive.
Your scumteam now has more nights to take out/ block the other killers.

Also, I think lying at massclaim is a pretty fucking valid strategy for the only fucking cop in the entire game.
No.  No, it's not.

Firstly because you didn't claim last you couldn't've known you were the only cop in the game (in fact, Orangebottle had claimed something kindof like a cop, which is probably why you killed him last night).  Secondly because the role you claimed should be regarded as just as dangerous to mafia as a cop.  Thirdly because the role you claimed would be pretty much inevitably found to be a lie (IE as soon as we ask for you to kill you'd be exposed) unless you have access to a mafiakill.  Fourthly because your auto-ability provides you protection against kills and roleblocks anyway, and you also claimed late enough to know we have an absolute tonne of guards, docs, and even TWO freakin' guys who prevent roleblocks (webadict and Dariush).  You had absolutely no reason to lie.

I agree with Shakerag performing the kill tonight on Darvi.

One more thing: If you do actually have an investigative one-shot (possible - you just wanted to be able to use it for the purposes of the mafia) then I'll be using tonight.  If you have that kind of one-shot, I'd like MBP to target me with his night ability.  That way I'll get to rolescan someone and MBP can rolescan me.  If your one-shot isn't actually very exciting then I'll be using Orangebottle's, since apparently I can.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »

Shakerag:
Quote from: Leafsnail
I targeted Jack AT with a random dead player's night action (obviously it was Powder Miner's).  It said I successfully delayed him.
Jack: Did you action last Night?

Nope.

Does that seem right?

Does it?  What are you trying to say here?

I just thought it was odd that he got a "successful" result back when there was no action.  I didn't know if that was Working As Intended or not.

What? You can't be serious. What ECrown did was FAR worse than a simple mistake. He lied so badly that there is no way it was a simple mistake. Not at all. Try to explain HOW that could be a mistake.

"Mistake" is a poor choice of words.  "Series of catastrophically bad decisions" is more accurate.  But again, I still feel like my gut instinct is saying he ... "has exhibited poor town play" (to put it politely) rather than is scum-for-certain.  Not that I really think that is going to sway anyone's opinion at this point though. 

Because nothing made sense at that time.  Jack losing his ability, then ECF admits he lied D1 (and his claim was awful to boot), and Toaster's inability to save OB all added up to one weird ass night.  I wanted a chance to look over things today to try and make sense of what's going on before voting any further.  I had voted Jack originally because I figured my redirect had a part to play in it, but it soon became clear that N1 was a mess.

Ooookaaay...  and what are your opinions of Jack/Toaster now? 

You're defending ECrown. That's good enough for me.

I'm saying Darvi's a clear-cut choice.  Also, suck a lemon :X

Also, I think lying at massclaim is a pretty fucking valid strategy for the only fucking cop in the entire game.

For what it's worth (not much), I kind of agree with you here.  Kind of agree, only in that with the massclaim, there would have been a variety of targets for the scumteam to pick from, and with claimed doctors, you would have likely been safe to claim cop. 

Leafsnail.

Remind me why?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2012, 06:20:57 pm »

Leafsnail, you still haven't said anything that doesn't boil down to "you lied".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 24, 2012, 06:59:24 pm »

That's why it's called "Lynch All Liars."

PFP

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2012, 07:03:00 pm »

Leafsnail, you still haven't said anything that doesn't boil down to "you lied".
Well... yeah.  And I don't see why I should have to.  It's 100% decisive evidence against you since you have absolutely no explanation for why you lied, the lie only makes sense if you're mafia and you only changed your story once you were caught in the lie.

Basically, everyone should be voting you.  I'm trying to work out why people aren't.  It's either catastrophic stupidity or them being your partners.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16:27 pm »

You majorly lied?

There was no kill from you, meaning you could not kill both Darvi and Orangebottle.

You claim to have been afraid of blocks and kills, but that doesn't make sense with your auto ability.

You wasted a chance prove someone wasn't mafia.

What else do you need?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2012, 01:31:57 am »

WAIT.

I remembered now.

I assisted ECF last night and PM said I did it succesfully. I didn't give it much thought (since I forgot about his auto), but now that I remembered it...

He lied about his auto.

*ominous thunder*

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:28 am »

I hate exam week.  I hate, hate, hate exam week.

ECF: Nice job not answering questions.  I'd really like to see an answer to Webadict's question here.

Shakerag: Do you have any idea why you're getting the gut feeling from Shakerag that you are getting?

Shakerag kills Darvi tonight, I agree.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61