Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85908 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D2 - TODO: Witty Reference [11/13]
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2012, 09:06:32 am »

Leafsnail, are you a lyncher on me or what?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2012, 09:20:24 am »

I do have to lynch you and your partners to win if that's what you mean, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2012, 04:44:39 pm »

Jack:
Toaster: Could you please give some more idea of the flavour for each of your powers?  I find your names, at least, somewhat unfitting for a tiny, rather peaceful separatist party.

The blurb at the top goes on about how peace has failed and now it's time for action.  The roleblock immunity comes from the spirit of revolution filling me with such zeal that I cannot be held back.  The guard is me being willing to die for the cause by standing up to protect what I believe is right.  The arms dealer is me going around and seeing who is armed and ready to rebel against the oppressors in the East.

ECrown:  Why do you keep saying killing Darvi twice is hard?  We have two claimed one shot vigs- combine one of those with a lynch and he's around for a single day phase, assuming what you said is true.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2012, 05:24:03 pm »

I do have to lynch you and your partners to win if that's what you mean, yes.

I don't like this remark. I find it scummy.

Furthermore I don't like how he is trying to have everyone do as he wishes.

Also, webadict has been unusually quiet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2012, 05:35:30 pm »

Also, webadict has been unusually quiet.
Yeah, my bad. I'm mostly doing other things. Also thinking. Mostly because the Night should have turned out completely different.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »

I don't like this remark. I find it scummy.
Hmm, maybe you need an actual scummy statement to help calibrate your scum-o-meter.
Well, my gambit worked. So now it's time to reveal my REAL role.

I am neither a RBer nor a 1-shot killer. I am in fact a Cop, with a 1-shot Role Cop.
See?  Absolute scumminess right there.  Scum who was hoping to pass off his mafia kill as his one-shot but couldn't.  So why aren't you voting him?

Seriously, how could you NOT vote for someone who lied at massclaim and who had such a catastrophically bad excuse for it?  Do I need to explain that inspecting someone (with your one-shot inspection, which would be the ONLY TOWN INSPECTION ROLE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME) who's claimed not-town and who has been condemned to death already would be stupid?  Do I need to point out that ECrown should have come clean with us yesterday when we told him to kill?  Do I need to ask you for a fucking explanation why you'd claim One-Shot Vig instead of your actual role when it can have no possible benefit to the town?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2012, 08:48:12 pm »

(with your one-shot inspection, which would be the ONLY TOWN INSPECTION ROLE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME)
Go back and read his realclaim again.

I'll shut up now.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2012, 08:54:47 pm »

Oh right, I forgot he's claiming to have lied about BOTH of his abilities.  Probably because that's such a stupid, ridiculous thing to do that I blocked it from my mind.

In that case, he wasted his ability that could have been used to identify a mafia member on someone who was set to die anyway and who couldn't possibly be town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »

Incidentally I'm not sure how you regarded your gambit as having worked at all.  You've supposedly given us the information that we need to kill Darvi.  We already knew that.  But because you lied about your role he isn't already dead.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »

You're forgetting that I still have a night ability. Namely, one that's the only remaining inspect in the entire fucking game.

And by inspecting Darvi, I was hoping to learn that he was a survivor. Him turning out to be an SK kind of fucked that up. And quite frankly, him reviving as the WoF isn't exactly helpful.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2012, 09:12:50 pm »

You're forgetting that I still have a night ability. Namely, one that's the only remaining inspect in the entire fucking game.
That's what I just said.  You still wasted your inspect for the night.

And let's remind you of your COMPLETELY POINTLESS LYING AT MASSCLAIM.

And by inspecting Darvi, I was hoping to learn that he was a survivor. Him turning out to be an SK kind of fucked that up. And quite frankly, him reviving as the WoF isn't exactly helpful.
Why?  The two alternatives are that he was a survivor (in which case we should kill him) or that he was scum pretending to be a survivor (in which case we should kill him).  Either way we should kill him and your inspect adds nothing to that.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2012, 09:35:04 pm »

Do I have to remind you that I still have a regular inspect?

... And why would we kill a survivor? That's just pointless. Barring any LYLO situations, but that's not exactly a concern at 11 people.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:16 pm »

Do I have to remind you that I still have a regular inspect?
GYAH I ACKNOWLEDGED THIS IN MY LAST 2 POSTS AND IT'S IRRELEVANT TO WHAT I'M SAYING.

You wasted.  Your inspection.  For the night.  You could have scanned literally ANYONE else last night and that would have been more helpful.  In fact, since you're claiming now, that could well have been the only inspection you had the chance to make without blocks or kills in the entire game.  And you completely and utterly wasted it if we are to believe your claim.

You also lied to us at massclaim and thus made it so that we didn't get a kill last night.  And even when we expected a kill out of you you didn't try to correct your lie.

... And why would we kill a survivor? That's just pointless. Barring any LYLO situations, but that's not exactly a concern at 11 people.
There are two responses, so I'll make both.

Firstly: You could say the same about mafia.  Hey, it doesn't matter about mafia members till lylo!  Afterall, they won't win until then.  Well, no.  You try to lynch them as soon as possible to get them out of the way.  In the same way, if someone claims survivor, they are pretty much claiming mafia because at lylo or even mylo they will lose you the game (in the same way an additional mafia member would).  There is no benefit to keeping a survivor around if you have the lynches to spare on killing him.

Secondly: If you don't think he as a survivor should have died, and were prepared to use up your ultra-valuable night action to make sure he didn't if he was telling the truth, why didn't you try to stop his kill yesterday?  Heck, you went further than "didn't try to stop his kill" - you suggested that someone else (who presumably does have an actual kill) should kill him.
One kill a night sounds better than any other option right now. Let's have Imik do the kill if a replacement arrives in time.
So you tried to hide the fact that you were lying about your role and get someone else to kill Darvi.

So essentially, if we are to believe you:
1. You lied for no reason and no benefit to anyone.
2. You tried to cover up this lie.
3. When your lie was about to cause damage to the town you didn't bother to admit to it.
4. During the night you decided to inspect the one person who would be a dead man walking no matter what the result of the inspection was.  The same person who you tried to assist in the killing of the day before.  You apparently thought that a cop would be the target of blocks or kills, so you were aware that this could well be your ONLY inspection.  And yet you used it on someone who had claimed to not be town.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2012, 10:15:58 pm »

I didn't know Darvi would turn into the WoF when he dies when I suggested somebody else do the kill. When it was decided I would do the "kill", I decided I might as well 1-shot him anyway.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2012, 10:19:26 pm »

Well you're ignoring the key point (hint: it's you pointlessly lying) but that still makes little sense.  If you were keen for him to be killed anyway, why bother inspecting him?  Why not inspect someone you thought was mafia?  Someone you thought would be good as a confirmed townie?  ANYONE BUT THE GUY WHO COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE A TOWNIE?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61