Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85917 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D1 - Replacement Needed - [13/13]
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »

One kill a night sounds better than any other option right now. Let's have Imik do the kill if a replacement arrives in time.
Why do you think Imik should do the kill rather than yourself?
It's a quick way to determine scum. When somebody's been requesting a replacement, there's not exactly much to go off of.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »

...Except we'd like to determine if you're scum, as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:57 pm »

Webadict: What are your opinions on Powder Miner and Leafsnail?
I think Powder's being dumb, and I think Leafsnail is being himself.

I feel neither of them is scum, and that whatever people are doing is incredibly dumb, given that Darvi is still not being voted.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

But first of all, why the fuck would you kill me purely on being inactive?

ECrownofFire: Not purely on being inactive.  It's more a mix of inactivity and your uselessness/confusion (at that point) when actually active.  It's not good for the town in any way, what you were doing before.

And now you've become active, and you're off the list.

Powder Miner: In response to this post:

Evasiveness/refusing to explain accusations: This is a good example.  I know you abandoned the accusation quickly afterwards, but when your first reaction to a question asking for evidence is to make a statement against giving evidence for inferred things...GAH.  That one post is really the main reason why you got my vote.

General lack of awareness of everything: This is for every time you used the "But the mafia one-shot killers will just aim at townies anyway!  Even though we've got OB and have decided targets explicitly in the thread!" argument (one example is here), the

Direct democracy misunderstanding: I didn't word this well at all (partially due to misreading), but this, I believe, was for your insistence that somehow the scum will completely control the kills because they know who the town is and thus...win all votes?  Because a vote for an NK target is completely different from a vote for a lynch because lynching occurs during the day and thus gives information, unlike voting for NKs which is just giving scum free reign over the town?  And, even if we use the day information that we get to vote on a target just as we would in lynching, it's blind shooting because it's not lynching?  I've read your posts through again, and I really have to wonder if you actually realize what you've said.

PM: Questions: If a lynch only finally occurred in the night, but was voted on only in the day, would that make the decision of the target dayplay?  Would the mafia have some sort of crazy vote-control mind power?  Would we get as much information out of it as we would if the lynch took effect during the day?

Who I think should kill Darvi: ECrownofFire.  Out of the three possible killers, I have the weakest read on him.  That, and his kill can't be stopped.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount:
Orangebottle [1]: Ottofar,
Powder Miner [5]: Leafsnail, Shakerag, Darvi, Jack A T, Toaster
webadict [1]: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Leafsnail [4]: Powder Miner, Orangebottle, ECrownOfFire, Dariush
Darvi [1]: webadict
Not voting: Urist Imiknorris

Powder is currently in the lead, with Leafsnail one vote behind.

Day ends Thursday!

I know, there's gotta be ice cream in the freezer! ... OH GOD DON'T LOOK IN THE FREEZER.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:01 am »

Can we have an approximate time for when the day ends?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2012, 07:55:53 am »

Posting later on, just letting you know

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2012, 08:41:54 am »

2. Days are 72 hours while Nights are 24 hours.  Neither time span includes weekends, though I may end weekend-spanning nights after 24 hours if all night actions are in.  Unless otherwise stated, days and nights end at 11 PM EST.

That's in ~14.25 hours from this post.

Since ECrown delays any action that targets him, if we wanted to kill him, we'd have to give him one day's lead time.

I'm fine with ECrown blasting Darvi.  I wouldn't mind seeing someone shoot Ottofar as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2012, 11:44:06 am »

I think the Doctor and the Bodyguard should both be protecting me, just in case one of them is scum.
You can never be too careful.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2012, 11:48:21 am »

For other actions - I don't see any reason for Orangebottle and Toaster not to use their respective one-shots tonight (can't see any additional information that would be gained from holding onto them).  Most other people can have free reign as long as they don't mess with Toaster, Ottofar's killer if he has one or Orangebottle (messing with ECrown shouldn't matter if he's telling the truth about his role).  And don't protect Darvi.

...Aaaccttuually, why don't we just get as many of us as possible to target Jack AT?  Everyone who uses an action against him will have an alibi for the mafia kill if they make one (assuming he isn't killed, and he shouldn't be since MBP can "copy-protect" him).

So, players who could potentially do that:

-Me (using PM's night ability probably since his one-shot looks bad for a town ability)
-Powder Miner (if he isn't lynched)
-Dariush (depending on whether his action would stop Jack AT's action taking effect on other people)
-Ottofar
-Urist I (if he isn't killing)
-MBP
-webadict (if his ability doesn't stop Jack AT's action working on other people)
-Toaster once he's used his one-shot
-Orangebottle once he's used his one-shot
-ECrown once he's used his one-shot
-Shakerag (if he isn't killing)

So everyone except AT himself (who will be pinned down by all those roleblocks on him) and Darvi (who's dying tonight).  I'm beginning to see this plan as a potential game breaker.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2012, 11:54:44 am »

EBWOP:
I think the Doctor and the Bodyguard should both be protecting me, just in case one of them is scum.
You can never be too careful.
If we follow this plan, the only people who won't be drunk in the morning should be ECrown, you, Toaster, and Jack AT himself.  Jack will be blocked and ECrown's kill should be visible, so if you die the only possible killer would be Toaster.  If anyone else dies, it's you or Toaster (either way we can lynch you both then continue with the drunk plan).

In fact, if we do this, vig kills wouldn't even matter since we could take our time lynching as many people as we want.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2012, 03:12:44 pm »

...Aaaccttuually, why don't we just get as many of us as possible to target Jack AT?  Everyone who uses an action against him will have an alibi for the mafia kill if they make one (assuming he isn't killed, and he shouldn't be since MBP can "copy-protect" him).
We should be doing this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2012, 03:15:48 pm »

Okay.  I was planning on firing the one-shot anyway.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »

It's occured to me that actually Ottofar can screw this up with his multitargetting move, although not much (ie he could redirect Jack AT and ECrown).  Although if he does that he's outed himself as scum and I'm pretty sure even 2 kills against Jack wouldn't kill him with all the protection he's getting.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2012, 05:30:00 pm »

I won't be doing that.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 61