Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 86002 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Personally, I have also thought the possibility about me being a piņata. Y'know, pwnhammer and laser rifle and stuff.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I'm somewhat okay with this.  This has been a very productive day and the use of one-shot kills right now prevents scum from using them as LYLO breakers.  And, of course, this plan effectively gives us more lynches before LYLO.  However, I don't really like the rush to kill people with only D1 information.
So yeah, it make make sense to kill day 2 if we run out of time today.  Although I should add two caveats.

1. If any killer fires without town permission and kills a townie we lynch them.  No idiot defences.  No "I was just mistaken" defences.  We lynch them (I'm saying this now because I feel like Powder Miner is probably gonna kill me tonight and claim he thought I was scum beyond reasonable doubt).  We're not gonna let scum have extra kills due to their delaying the kills.
2. If any killer refuses to fire when the town agrees on their target we lynch them.  Because otherwise scum could refuse to kill their partner.

With our current information it might as well be random. And it looks like Leafsnail's definition of scummy/useless appears to be everyone who disagrees with him.
My definition of useless is people who don't know basic ideas in mafia that I learnt in pretty much my first set of games on #mafia (more town kills = good, more mafia kills = bad).  Or alternatively, you're scum and know this.

So... I suppose that you disagreeing with me on such a simple point is a result of you being useless or scum, so you've merely got the causality backwards.

Darvi, people don't have to say directly incriminating things. If you went "Quoe or didn't happen" with every inferred thing there would be no scumhunting.
Very clever.  Completely and utterly refuse to provide any support for your baseless assertion.

Yes, calls everyone who disagrees with him stupid, and from what I've experienced, the people here think being stupid is being useless right?
...Eh. I just added that on at a moment's notice and I'm not too confident in it myself. I'm just pissed at Leafsnail for insulting me just because I disagree with him.
I've called you and Orangebottle stupid for disagreeing with an extremely basic plan without any opposing reason.  I want the town to have more say in who gets killed, you repeat that "You won't use your NK unless you're sure the person is scum".  Asserting that again and again without explaining why it's different to the lynches we perform every day in every game.

Ottofar is still probably scum and he's never disagreed with me, though.

Oh, go ahead. As long as it means that there's less of a massacre.

And there may be an advantage to town-directed kills, but not sudden N1 massacres.
Unsupported assertions coupled with emotive words.  You're doing it again.

Seriously, what you have just written is not an argument.  It's just "You say this and back it up with an argument.  But I say this and I am right because MASSACRES".

People who are on board the "kill three people" plan should come up with targets.  ATM I think Powder for misunderstandings verging on intentional, MBP for not participating, and ECrown for his inability to pay attention and that he hasn't done anything today besides that.
I'd want to hit Ottofar too (in fact I think he'd be a great lynch which is why I'm voting him) since he hasn't been participating either and what little he has done is very active lurky.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm somewhat okay with this.  This has been a very productive day and the use of one-shot kills right now prevents scum from using them as LYLO breakers.  And, of course, this plan effectively gives us more lynches before LYLO.  However, I don't really like the rush to kill people with only D1 information.
So yeah, it make make sense to kill day 2 if we run out of time today.  Although I should add two caveats.

1. If any killer fires without town permission and kills a townie we lynch them.  No idiot defences.  No "I was just mistaken" defences.  We lynch them (I'm saying this now because I feel like Powder Miner is probably gonna kill me tonight and claim he thought I was scum beyond reasonable doubt).  We're not gonna let scum have extra kills due to their delaying the kills.
2. If any killer refuses to fire when the town agrees on their target we lynch them.  Because otherwise scum could refuse to kill their partner.
Unless one of our oneshotters is masquerading their mafiakill as a oneshot kill. In which case, they probably can't kill their partner, meaning we find two scum instead of just one.

I'd want to hit Ottofar too (in fact I think he'd be a great lynch which is why I'm voting him) since he hasn't been participating either and what little he has done is very active lurky.
Ottofar is always like that. He'd be a good NK. If we're  going after these four, we must lynch one of PM or ECrown. Cause PM is kill immune and ECrown would just delay it to night 2. Then we need to find another target.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said, NKing ECF is okay if we lynch PM instead, since he dies anyway and he can get to use his RB twice, in case he's town.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

And Jack A T, what the fuck are you saying? We shouldn't lynch OB even though he's probably scum? A useful ability is not useful if scum has it.
Way to not pay attention fucknuts.
What?
Darvi and Leafsnail have said the same thing Jack did. My ability ensures that the scum can't kill tonight, and if they do then they'll get caught. Were I fakeclaiming scum, I would easily be caught and lynched the next day anyway.
Out of the three people who were saying this, you chose one and completely disregarded the other two. The one you chose was the claimed doctor.
So, why did you choose jack over Leafsnail or Darvi? And why weren't you paying attention?
Because Jack explicitly stated it right there. And I didn't exactly look at his claim.

Also, I've been busy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you didn't even bother to read through the thread and jumped on the first person you saw without looking for context.

Right.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I don't have a kill.
I don't have a kill.
I don't have a kill.
I don't have a kill.
How many times do I have to say it?
Quote from: Leafsnail
In other words you're slaving the killers to your massacre plan?

With our current information it might as well be random. And it looks like Leafsnail's definition of scummy/useless appears to be everyone who disagrees with him.
My definition of useless is people who don't know basic ideas in mafia that I learnt in pretty much my first set of games on #mafia (more town kills = good, more mafia kills = bad).  Or alternatively, you're scum and know this.
Alternatively, another oh-so-basic mafia idea- less needless town deaths = good, more needless town deaths = bad. Or another one. More information = good, less = bad.

So... I suppose that you disagreeing with me on such a simple point is a result of you being useless or scum, so you've merely got the causality backwards.
Or it's because that "basic idea" is being used in a very flawed way.

Darvi, people don't have to say directly incriminating things. If you went "Quoe or didn't happen" with every inferred thing there would be no scumhunting.
Very clever.  Completely and utterly refuse to provide any support for your baseless assertion.
It's not quite baseless anymore since you just directly confirmed it, but yes I was being stupid.

Yes, calls everyone who disagrees with him stupid, and from what I've experienced, the people here think being stupid is being useless right?
...Eh. I just added that on at a moment's notice and I'm not too confident in it myself. I'm just pissed at Leafsnail for insulting me just because I disagree with him.
I've called you and Orangebottle stupid for disagreeing with an extremely basic plan without any opposing reason.  I want the town to have more say in who gets killed, you repeat that "You won't use your NK unless you're sure the person is scum".  Asserting that again and again without explaining why it's different to the lynches we perform every day in every game.
I have had much reason. How about you start reading my posts instead of saying "Oh hurr durr he's saying he won't use his kill" when not only do I not have a kill, I never said I had one. And I have explained it. Read my posts. Do it.

Ottofar is still probably scum and he's never disagreed with me, though.
Whatever.

Oh, go ahead. As long as it means that there's less of a massacre.

And there may be an advantage to town-directed kills, but not sudden N1 massacres.
Unsupported assertions coupled with emotive words.  You're doing it again.
What assertion? You mean my basic thesis which I have put out reasons to support but you (as evidenced by the fact you still think I have a kill) blatantly refuse to read?

Seriously, what you have just written is not an argument.  It's just "You say this and back it up with an argument.  But I say this and I am right because MASSACRES".
More like "You say this and back it up with ignoring me and using that to try and make arguments. But I say this and I am right because of arguments which you refuse to read."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alternatively, another oh-so-basic mafia idea- less needless town deaths = good, more needless town deaths = bad. Or another one. More information = good, less = bad.
You're talking like you know that all the people LS suggests to kill are town.

Also, less potential mislynches = good and also = more information because then we wouldn't be so busy with following red herrings. In case you really are town, then you'll notice that this is exactly what's happening now.
Okay then mister wiseguy. You come up with a plan that keep scum from using their one-shot kills in a definitively anti-town manner.
It's not quite baseless anymore since you just directly confirmed it, but yes I was being stupid.
Confirms what, exactly?
More like "You say this and back it up with ignoring me and using that to try and make arguments. But I say this and I am right because of arguments which you refuse to read."
Hello pot. You're black.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod: Votecount, please
My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Unfortunately it's true.
Why would your Auto ability be that you couldn't do anything? Not only is that unnecessary, seeing as how you could simply have no abilities, but everyone else has 3 abilities. So, why are you unique?
Maybe because I'm different? I think I have dropped a few hints about that already.
Your claim is far too different from everyone else's, meaning that you're lying.
That's discrimination! D:<
I don't believe you. There would either be a reason you're different, you know you're different and refuse to explain how, or you're simply lying and are just like everybody else.

Anyhow, I'm not really a fan of lies.

Like I said before, we shouldn't be lynching/killing Darvi.
His role was tailored from the Guide Voodoo Doll of Terraria.
In the game, when thrown into magma in hell, it summons a boss monster called the Wall of Flesh.
So, no, we aren't killing/lynching Darvi.
Hahaha.

Darvi.

Challenge accepted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

You're talking like you know that all the people LS suggests to kill are town.
LS said that some of the killers are probably scum. Rolling with that assertion, they'll be able to use their kills to kill town, by getting the town to kill three other town with only D1 information. It's extremely unlikely that we'd hit all three scum with D1 daygaming and info even without scum messing-around-in-things.

Quote from: Darvi
Also, less potential mislynches = good and also = more information because then we wouldn't be so busy with following red herrings. In case you really are town, then you'll notice that this is exactly what's happening now.
Why would I not notice if I weren't town? Anyway, it's not more information. Being a interrogator and shooting a guy in the head before he answers any questions is not more information. Neither is shooting three people N1.
Okay then mister wiseguy. You come up with a plan that keep scum from using their one-shot kills in a definitively anti-town manner.
You haven't done it yourself, nor has Leafsnail, mister wise guy.
Confirms what, exactly?
That he thinks people are scummy/useless if they disagree with him. He pretty much just outright said it.
Hello pot. You're black.
Go ahead and show me a single example of something I didn't read. I'll then counter your accusation with how I had answered it and how I then used it later on, as well as how many other times I answered the exact same question with answers not read.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't believe you. There would either be a reason you're different, you know you're different and refuse to explain how, or you're simply lying and are just like everybody else.

Anyhow, I'm not really a fan of lies.
I never lied. Trufax. I cannot tell you why I'm different. I have a hunch, but no more.
Darvi.

Challenge accepted.
So. You're voting me.

On the grounds that I'm different.

Now tell me, remember when somebody's role was fundamentally different from the others in the first B12 Mafia? I suspect something similar is going on just to make my life harder.

LS said that some of the killers are probably scum. Rolling with that assertion, they'll be able to use their kills to kill town, by getting the town to kill three other town with only D1 information. It's extremely unlikely that we'd hit all three scum with D1 daygaming and info even without scum messing-around-in-things.
Just listen at yourself. The goal is not to instantly kill all scum on N1. The goal was to kill whoever everybody considers to be the most scummy. Exactly like regular dayplay.
Why would I not notice if I weren't town? Anyway, it's not more information. Being a interrogator and shooting a guy in the head before he answers any questions is not more information. Neither is shooting three people N1.
What if the interrogee never answers the questions because he's lurking. What if he dodges the questions. What if he is completely motherfucking scummy on D1?
It is more information because then we have gotten rid of those people who would only distract from scumhunting anyway. That, indirectly, leads to more information because then we don't have to bother with them anymore.
You haven't done it yourself, nor has Leafsnail, mister wise guy.
Yes. Yes we did. We were planning. To use the kills. On those people that the town considers worthy to be killed. Instead of letting scum decide who to use their kill(s) on.
That he thinks people are scummy/useless if they disagree with him. He pretty much just outright said it.
That is an outright lie because he said you were useless and scummy for initially refusing to reveal any information. Not for disagreeing with you.
Go ahead and show me a single example of something I didn't read. I'll then counter your accusation with how I had answered it and how I then used it later on, as well as how many other times I answered the exact same question with answers not read.
I'm not talking about the not reading. I'm talking about the "ignoring [him]  and using that to try and make arguments".

Because your single argument against the masskill is that "Hey that might not kill scum!"

Well guess what genius. So does lynching. Except that way we get four days worth of lynching without the mafia getting a kill in between.

And if one of the one-shot killers is scum, then at least we can direct them at somebody who town wants to see dead as opposed to somebody who certainly is town.

And before you start with "not enough information", have you even read how many people are good lynches by this point? Toaster already suggested a few. If you consider that to be stupid, then you better bring up some good arguments for not lynching any of you guys.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

So. You're voting me.

On the grounds that I'm different.

Now tell me, remember when somebody's role was fundamentally different from the others in the first B12 Mafia? I suspect something similar is going on just to make my life harder.
Hmm... Let's see...

Does this look like B12 Mafia? No. This looks like BYOP Mafia. That's what it looks like. So, that means that everyone should have a similar role.

Also, if your role does something on death, your role would HINT to it, which you're not telling us.

If what you're telling me is correct, then Think0028 has violated Rule 10 on the front page, which wouldn't happen. Therefore, you are lying. Everyone was given 3 abilities. Therefore, you have 3 as well, because if you don't, then you are someone that needs to die. Because you are indeed different.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... Let's see...

Does this look like B12 Mafia? No. This looks like BYOP Mafia. That's what it looks like. So, that means that everyone should have a similar role.
High-grade WIFOM. "This is a different game so there couldn't possibly be any similar trickery going on".
Also, if your role does something on death, your role would HINT to it, which you're not telling us.
Except I did. I am the Voodoo doll. I am known for doing horrible things when destroyed. My flavour even mentions that this is a thing that regularly happens to others of my kind by people who are either stupid, brave, or insane.
If what you're telling me is correct, then Think0028 has violated Rule 10 on the front page, which wouldn't happen.
Outright bending of facts. I am important simply by participating in the game. Because that's what Rule 10 means.  "Win to play".

Interpreting it as "everybody has the same amount of skills" into it is outright misinformation. So webadict, why are you lying?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 61