Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 86035 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't Leafsnail then get to use it?
Assuming Leafsnail isn't lying scum, yes.
Also assuming that Leafsnail wants to use his oneshot to use my oneshot.
Also assuming that Leafsnail doesn't get killed in the middle of the night.
Also assuming Leafsnail's oneshot isn't blockable.
Gee, that's a lot of assumptions.

Now would you like to explain why your FoS of Dariush isn't an OMGUS?
Oh, it totally is. A very valid OMGUS. In one post he went from not voting me to,"FUCK YOU GO DIE!" because he has no actual suspicions, yet he needs to look town to avoid being suspected.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, he never answered my question.
My Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

So it didn't occur to you to just ask him to answer your question instead of FoSing him?

Because there's a realistic chance of him having missed it.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Oh, it totally is. A very valid OMGUS. In one post he went from not voting me to,"FUCK YOU GO DIE!" because he has no actual suspicions, yet he needs to look town to avoid being suspected.

That's not OMGUS, that's voting (or FoSing) because you think he's scummy.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it didn't occur to you to just ask him to answer your question instead of FoSing him?

Because there's a realistic chance of him having missed it.
Not if he responded to the post, but not the question. The post itself being very sparse as far as textual content goes.

That's not OMGUS, that's voting (or FoSing) because you think he's scummy.
Okay. I was under the impression that voting anybody who's voting you is an OMGUS, mostly because of Webadict accusing me of it when I have legitimate reasons to think he's scum.

Is there a reason you're just sitting there and pointing things out, instead of doing anything useful?
My Sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Unvote.

So... we have 3 one-shot killers claimed (Shakerag, ECrownofFire, Urist Imiknorris), and me, who can reuse a one-shot kill.  I'm thinking we should fire off these kills tonight, and I'll use my one-shot for a kill as soon as possible too.  That should give us a headstart over the mafia in terms of kills (ie we can slaughter scummy/ useless people) and prevent lylo breaking.  I feel like we might be able to pretty much lock down the mafia from killing too.

Orangebottle: Your one-shot is ridiculous (tells you who the mafia is) and clearly can't belong to a townie.  What is your alignment?

Ottofar - Boy, that's a nice scum role.  Very disruptive and rolefishy.  I wonder if you're gonna actually do anything today other than be passive and bandwagon?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... we have 3 one-shot killers claimed (Shakerag, ECrownofFire, Urist Imiknorris), and me, who can reuse a one-shot kill.  I'm thinking we should fire off these kills tonight, and I'll use my one-shot for a kill as soon as possible too.  That should give us a headstart over the mafia in terms of kills (ie we can slaughter scummy/ useless people) and prevent lylo breaking.  I feel like we might be able to pretty much lock down the mafia from killing too.
What.
Seriously, what?
That is, without a doubt, the biggest scumslip I have ever seen.
For one thing, we don't know who is scum and who isn't. We're far more likely to hit town than scum with these oneshot kills. Useless people still have a function: they prevent scum from winning. Townies aren't machines; we're human. We make mistakes and can also drop scumtells, and be seen as scummy. So you want all of our oneshot kills to be used on targets that could also be town. This would be a waste of three oneshots.

Furthermore, that doesn't keep scum from killing at all. It just makes it so they don't need to kill as much.
Orangebottle: Your one-shot is ridiculous (tells you who the mafia is) and clearly can't belong to a townie.  What is your alignment?
I'm town. My oneshot tells me which actions affected which targets. It says nothing about who performed them, so I'll send Think a PM for verification. Only scum would be worried about the ability you thought I had, Leafsnail.

Thanks for claiming scum. It's been fun. Don't come back.
My Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

...Fire off three one-shot kills tonight? Before any inspects? ... ... ...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobody claimed an inspect.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For one thing, we don't know who is scum and who isn't. We're far more likely to hit town than scum with these oneshot kills. Useless people still have a function: they prevent scum from winning. Townies aren't machines; we're human. We make mistakes and can also drop scumtells, and be seen as scummy. So you want all of our oneshot kills to be used on targets that could also be town. This would be a waste of three oneshots.
...What?  Under this logic, we shouldn't lynch either.  We should lynch the person we think is scummiest, then shoot the 3 people we think are next scummiest.  Otherwise we're just throwing the decision over to the mafia, who will kill someone who is 100% town and the person they want eliminated most.  Summary: Kill on a person who most of the town thinks is scum vs kill on the person the mafia wants dead most.

There's no reason to hold onto these kills - they could be lost when the person dies or used to break lylo if the person is a mafia member.

Furthermore, that doesn't keep scum from killing at all. It just makes it so they don't need to kill as much.
That particular plan doesn't.  The fact that we have a tonne of roleblockers, redirecters and other disrupters does.

I'm town. My oneshot tells me which actions affected which targets. It says nothing about who performed them, so I'll send Think a PM for verification. Only scum would be worried about the ability you thought I had, Leafsnail.
I'm not "worried" about your role, and I never said anything remotely to that effect.  I can just see that it's far too good for a townie to have.  It's like how the Exterminator Alien can have access to Intel in Paranormal, but that information would clearly be broken in the hands of a town player.  I guess I don't know much about Think's modding, but this ability just seems like a very cheap way to net scum (since you don't even have to aim it).  So in other words, I felt like your role was one that a survivor/ serial killer might have, or else a mafia role.

I guess you clearing up the misinterpretation of it makes it a lot weaker and maybe plausible for a townie to have, but it still means that the mafia definitely cannot kill in the night you use it (because we'd just have to see whoever's action is missing and bam, that person killed (and it'd be worse if someone falseclaimed at some point).  You wouldn't be able to lie about using it either if some players had semi-randomized targets under the plan).  And if you went through with your initial decision not to claim this, that would've made it even more broken.

But in any case there's no point in lynching you today because, whatever your alignment, you claiming this has completely locked the mafia down for tonight.  Heck, if you die sometime I could even use your ability again to leave the mafia completely helpless for another night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Orange:
Guess my oneshot will go unused. Shame, cause it's a pretty good oneshot. Since I'm probably going to be the day one mislynch of the game, I'll just go ahead and claim it.
Seriously, EVERYWHERE tells me which actions happened during the night, along with who their targets were.

This is known as blackmailing the town.  It's scummy as hell.

In any case, your rolename business for flipping your opinion of claiming is crap.  Anyone not braindead could come up with a passable fakeclaim using the exact same name.

Assuming Leafsnail isn't lying scum, yes.
Also assuming that Leafsnail wants to use his oneshot to use my oneshot.
Also assuming that Leafsnail doesn't get killed in the middle of the night.
Also assuming Leafsnail's oneshot isn't blockable.
Gee, that's a lot of assumptions.

Every one of those assumptions minus the second applies just as much to you.  What difference does that make?

Urist I:
Also, I'm about 95% certain that either Ottofar, ECoF or Shakerag is scum.

It is indeed odd to have so many blockers (a scum-friendly role) but that information alone is pretty much useless.

Leaf:  Do you think those kills targets should be predetermined so there's no wasted actioning?

Powder:
...Fire off three one-shot kills tonight? Before any inspects? ... ... ...

Your amateur is showing.  Don't rely on the night game- there's plenty of daygame meat here.  The first vote was just reaction, but you're starting to smell a bit now.  You afraid of those night kills a bit?

Darvi:  So... out of everyone else who has an auto, a night action, and a one-shot, you have nothing?  Nothing at all?  No hints as to possible changes?

This doesn't strike you as odd?

Dariush:
Dariush:  So you're saying that you gave no real thought to his question?  Why not answer it hypothetically, then?  (As in "I'd kill off someone for doing X or Y")
Because I haven't thought of answering this way. What's the difference, anyway?

Because you're blowing off the RVS question without really thinking about it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darvi:  So... out of everyone else who has an auto, a night action, and a one-shot, you have nothing?  Nothing at all?  No hints as to possible changes?

This doesn't strike you as odd?
I did say that I something might happen if I died. But I'd rather not want to find out. I like being alive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Are you guessing that or is that implied?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's an educated guess.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leaf:  Do you think those kills targets should be predetermined so there's no wasted actioning?
Yeah.  Like a quadruple lynch.  Obviously it'll be complicated by whoever has some kind of kill resistance.

Oh right:  Roleblockers.  Can you ask Think if the target of your roleblock is informed of them being blocked?  If they are, then we have one heck of a potential lockdown (stops both you and the person you're blocking from doing anything that night - IE 6 players unable to kill).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 61