Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85734 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

So you're going to randomly vote people until they claim? Do you consider knowing their roles to be so important that you forego actual lynchvotes in order to pressure them?

Claimed roles:
Egregious - WBP - El Camino - The man arranging the Blocks - Egregious

French Taunters - Annelida - Guide voodoo doll - Somebody else's role - 14th player - tcidabew -
Coach -
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:17:30 am by Darvi »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Nothing random about it.  I will vote them non randomly until they claim, and it will be an "actual lynchvote" if they refuse to claim.  OB clearly needed encouragement to make his falseclaim, maybe others do too.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever floats your boat, man.

What are your actual suspicions, other than non-claimers, so far, then?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Powder:  Fair enough.  Your reaction was townie enough.

OB
Orange:  At what point does a massclaim rally stop being rolefishing and start being... a massclaim?  How many people have to claim first (for you to get a good fakeclaim going)?
Incredibly passive attack aside, this is more than enough for me to claim. One was more than enough for me to claim. I just don't agree with a day one massclaim because of the huge risks involved.

I've analysed my anti-massclaim thinking and found a huge fucking error.
I've been acting like this is a normal game, where we don't know the names of eachothers roles.
I am a huge derp.

This is one of the worst logical leaps I've seen in a while.  Do you really think the rolenames will make such a big difference as to being able to catch fakeclaims?  It's not like one role name is inherently more scummy- it's not like there's a giant DEFCON warning going on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is one of the worst logical leaps I've seen in a while.  Do you really think the rolenames will make such a big difference as to being able to catch fakeclaims?  It's not like one role name is inherently more scummy- it's not like there's a giant DEFCON warning going on.
Yes.

Also, I'm not known for my incredibly intelligent town play. Quite the opposite, actually.

You're right. Just webadict and leafsnail are scum.
Indeed OB, disagreeing with you makes one automatically scum.
Nope.
We just disagreed. I don't think you're any scummier for it.
Also, Imiknorris disagreed with me that Jack was scum, and I didn't shout,"SCUM! DIE!"
There are other examples, but it would be too much effort, what with listing them all.

I've been acting like this is a normal game, where we don't know the names of eachothers roles.
I am a huge derp.
So what is the conclusion you came to and why did it make you change your mind?
Bolded it for you, as it appears I wasn't clear enough the first time.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope.
Snarkasm man, do you speak it?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount:
Orangebottle [4]: Darvi, Ottofar, Urist Imiknorris, webadict
webadict [2]: Orangebottle, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Dariush [1]: Toaster
Shakerag [2]: Leafsnail, Jack A T
Leafsnail [2]: ECrownOfFire, Dariush

Not voting: Powder Miner, Shakerag

Day ends Tuesday!

Maybe there are some brownies left? Brownies are almost as good as cake... no, wait, I ate those in the middle of brainstorming Cult Mafia...
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cake's gone too. I used up my non-existent daykill ability to get rid of that abomination.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope.
Snarkasm man, do you speak it?
If you put sarcasm/a joke/funny stuff onto a vote I take it seriously.
If that was sarcasm, why are you still voting for me?
My Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Read what I said. Consider why I voted you. You might notice that those two things are considerably different.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Welp, there's scum #2. I'm guessing their strategy this game is,"Be first people to claim so we can't possibly look like scum, then force everybody else to claim by pressuring them." #3 is probably Jack.
Someone does not agree with you implies they are scum? That's the spirit!

I am a huge derp.
How does knowing the name of a role help or change things at all? I can't figure out how you came to that conclusion.

Aaaaand, I get back and I appear to be last to both of these points. Oh well.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's put it this way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It makes it a hell of a lot easier to find fakeclaims.
Or my mind could just be fucking me over again and I wouldn't know otherwise.

Anyway, I get lynched as town day one for retarded/scummy shit pretty often. Fighting it usually only makes it worse, anyway.

Guess my oneshot will go unused. Shame, cause it's a pretty good oneshot. Since I'm probably going to be the day one mislynch of the game, I'll just go ahead and claim it.
Seriously, EVERYWHERE tells me which actions happened during the night, along with who their targets were.
My Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I claim Z, Darvi claims Y, Toaster claims X, and you claim W.
I claim to have sent in Y, Darvi claims to have sent in Z, Toaster claims to have sent in W, and you claim to have sent in Q. Either you or Toaster must be lying.
Logic fail. Either I or toaster had to lie.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Shakerag:  Why'd you wait until you got pressure on your vote to remove it?

I was thinking by that point that it was a bit of a longshot I was going to get a response out of you about the whole name mixup thing anyway, so when Jack brought it up I just decided to drop my vote instead of keeping it on you a bit longer like I had originally planned.

Awww, i wished for a Chocolate Helicopter. Oh well.

Umm ... what?

I'm not claiming my role-name until the sick bastard that sent it in claims.

I have a funny feeling that may be me.  Is it ... "Dariush/NUKE slashfic"?

Looks like work and RL stuff made me late to the roleclaiming party. 

I am (god whoever sent this in is such a dick):  "Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe-schlegelstein-hausenberger-dorffvoraltern-waren-gewissenhaft-schaferswessen-schafewaren-wohlgepflege-und-sorgfaltigkeit-beschutzen-von-angreifen-durch-ihrraubgierigfeinde-welche-voraltern-zwolftausend-jahres-vorandieerscheinen-wander-ersteer-dem-enschderraumschiff-gebrauchlicht-als-sein-ursprung-von-kraftgestart-sein-lange-fahrt-hinzwischen-sternartigraum-auf-der-suchenach-diestern-welche-gehabt-bewohnbar-planeten-kreise-drehen-sich-und-wohin-der-neurasse-von-verstandigmen-schlichkeit-konnte-fortplanzen-und-sicher-freuen-anlebens-langlich-freude-und-ruhe-mit-nicht-ein-furcht-vor-angreifen-von-anderer-intelligent-geschopfs-von-hinzwischen-sternartigraum, Senior".

I am the man with the world's longest name.

This Is The Worst Name: Non-kill actions have 50% chance of failing, due to the difficulty of finding/communicating/anything with me due to my bigass name. 
Rich Family History: Roleblock.  You can guess why.
Smother: 1-shot vig kill.  Apparently having such an obscenely long name causes me to have an excess of legal documents to contain it all, which I can drop on someone once. 

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I claim Z, Darvi claims Y, Toaster claims X, and you claim W.
I claim to have sent in Y, Darvi claims to have sent in Z, Toaster claims to have sent in W, and you claim to have sent in Q. Either you or Toaster must be lying.
Logic fail. Either I or toaster had to lie.
That post was directed towards webadict, you goof.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61