Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85786 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D4 - Fall of the Soviet Penguin [7/13]
« Reply #660 on: February 17, 2012, 11:29:59 am »

What do you mean "every night"? As I recall, I just failed to use my kill last night because I apparently felt that the mod should die. That's a fairly weak reason for me to be scum. Also, we wouldn't have an sk (assuming he hasn't been killed previously), we'd have a survivor if he's telling the truth.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #661 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:40 am »

What makes you think I'm scum?
Because you are scummy. Why, specifically? This very post of yours is scummy! seriously? You suspect Toaster for having no clear leads? Where are everyone else's? And wuba for a plan, which may or may not be optimal, but at least seems a plausible effort? Plus your lack of kills, lurkiness, and the fact that there are not many other options left. I'm pretty sure Toaster and Pengo are town (I'll kick myself if I'm wrong), so it's three out of you, Dariush, Shakerag, and wuba. Wuba being the least scummy of those four. So yeah, you are scum.

Why are you okay with lynching Penngo for lurking if you don't think he's scum?
Because I'm not town, silly! Town losing means I win, yes? Or, according to wuba, at least I'm closer to winning, yes? I'd prefer to win with town if possible, but I'm impatient. I'll basically support just about any lynch at this point.

Orangebottle can't be scum. There are a few reasons for this:
Yeah, I buy that.

I assume you see that you lose if you're lynched today, which is why you've manufactured these.
I see that town loses if I'm lynched today. Me? You underestimate ma powa'!

But seriously, look at your plan if we go for lynching scum (instead of me):
7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch M
5 left - 2 T, 2 M, 1 S
Lynch M
3 left - 1 T, 1 M, 1 S
Lynch M

...You have at least two more days to decide to lynch me or not, as long as you hit scum (and there's plenty of it! You almost can't miss!). If you lynch me, you lose faster. Probably won't survive to tomorrow.

This is complicated by the fact that NativeForeigner is probably scum,
This is indeed, a complication.

Luckily, I have faith that you actually want the Town to win over the mafia, which is why I'm going with this. If, instead, you wish to be vindictive, seeing as how you lose if you kill wrong, well, that's cool.
Winning with town would be my preference, yes. But hanging hurts, and I hear the Wall of Flesh has quite a temper and is not one for thinking deeply into reasons... but I guess we'll find out, if this is the way we want to go. Frankly, I'm itching to see the mighty Wall in all its splendor. It's going to be awesome! So I won't hold a grudge if it happens. (though the Wall of Flesh might...)
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 17, 2012, 11:58:24 am »

Yeah, going back to Shakerag.  I just don't buy his "I killed Darvi but not really" claim, which Leaf's claim backs up.  That, coupled with his lately lack of participation stinks of scum trying to wait for the game to end. 

Book:
Toaster: So, in order: no clue, no clue, no clue. Cute. Do you have opinions on the validity of a D1 mass claim as a strategy to achieve a town victory?

How come it's DAY FOUR and there are no clear indications or strong stances on who maybe, perhaps, has appeared somewhat scummy, maybe enough for at least a pressure vote?

I plead being braindead last night.  My Shakerag vote above is the answer you should have gotten.  The massclaim doesn't seem to have worked very well this game- I'd wager it'd work better in a Paranormal game thanks to open roles, but I'd really rather see this game finish before being sure.

Shakerag is a lynch vote as far as I'm concerned.

Web: If we lynch scum today and Native shoots scum, then it's 3 town, 1 scum, and 1 Book.  We lynch scum tomorrow and then lynch Book if the game doesn't end.  The only time that it's too late for scumhunting is when the game is over.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2012, 04:15:08 pm »

Man.  I'm sorry for not being more active this game.  I keep trying, but the process ends up being like this:

1 - Tell myself I'm going to post more.
2 - Start re-reading thread
3 - Re-read webadict's posts several times because I swear I can never understand what he's saying
4 - Look at claims/actions and try to figure out who is scum
5 - myheadisfulloffuck.jpg
6 - Get distracted by something shiny
7 - Repeat once or twice a day

Toaster: And I'll tell you again, I targeted Book with my one-shot.  I have no idea what happened there.  All I can tell is that the scumteam has taken this massclaim business and run with it to confuse the ever living fuck out of the rest of us. 

So, on that note, I certainly agree with Bookthras' observations on the D1 massclaim.  It seems like it's done more harm than good, because we've been dicking around with plans and actions most of the game. 

Bookthras, I think, still needs to die regardless.  Unless anyone can come up with something compellingly awesome, that seems like the best course of action here.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »

Bookthras: Well what do you expect? I replaced well into the game and no sooner had that happened, I got to deal with some serious RL business. I'm doing the best I can to effectively keep up during the small amount of time I'm not busy taking care of RL issues.

Could you recap why Toaster and Penngo are town to you? Why are you still voting Toaster instead of Dariush?

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2012, 03:33:26 pm »

Bookthras doesn't need to be killed as long as he is actually killing mafia. Also, sorry for the inactivity my computer was acting up. =.=
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:13 am »

Bookthras, I think, still needs to die regardless.  Unless anyone can come up with something compellingly awesome, that seems like the best course of action here.
Nnnnnope. We need to lynch scum, not SK or a survivor. Looks like my intial read on you was indeed wrong, Shakerag.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 19, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »

Bookthras: Well what do you expect?
No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.

Could you recap why Toaster and Penngo are town to you? Why are you still voting Toaster instead of Dariush?
I could, but I won't. Do your own homework, scum!
But yeah, that old vote on Toaster served its purpose long ago. Unvote.

So! Sunday, eh? Aren't we all glad we extended through the weekend to give Native and Penngo a chance to really get back into the game and be active? It really paid off, didn't it?

Moderator: a vote count would be nice, please.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 19, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »

Bookthras: Well what do you expect?
No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.

Then why aren't you voting me? Or anyone else for that matter.

I could, but I won't. Do your own homework, scum!

So I guess you don't have a reason for believing they're town after all.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 19, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

Your guesses are your problem. My votes are mine. I'll vote how and when I choose.

Who do you think is scum? Who should be hanged today?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2012, 05:00:03 pm »

Your guesses are your problem. My votes are mine. I'll vote how and when I choose.

Who do you think is scum? Who should be hanged today?

What's keeping you from voting Dariush? He was worth an FoS, but why not a vote?

I'm thinking either Wubba or Shakerag at this point. Still reading it over, I'll have a vote out tonight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2012, 09:12:49 pm »

Nnnnnope. We need to lynch scum, not SK or a survivor. Looks like my intial read on you was indeed wrong, Shakerag.

So why did you open the day voting Book?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - N3 - Even More Think00wnage [8/13]
« Reply #672 on: February 20, 2012, 12:27:08 am »

I assume you see that you lose if you're lynched today, which is why you've manufactured these.
I see that town loses if I'm lynched today. Me? You underestimate ma powa'!

But seriously, look at your plan if we go for lynching scum (instead of me):
7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch M
5 left - 2 T, 2 M, 1 S
Lynch M
3 left - 1 T, 1 M, 1 S
Lynch M

...You have at least two more days to decide to lynch me or not, as long as you hit scum (and there's plenty of it! You almost can't miss!). If you lynch me, you lose faster. Probably won't survive to tomorrow.
Except you're not a Survivor. If you were a Survivor, you would never have voted yourself earlier today. You're an sk, and we still need to lynch you. It really is the only way to win because tomorrow or the day after, we might not have a chance to lynch you, and then we lose. We either delay your lynch until it comes to some sort of Mexican standoff, or we lynch you before then, and you get your very own problems of who to kill.

I'm not going to take that chance. That road leads to failure. However, lynching you creates a road that varies greatly. It either wins or it loses, but at least it has a chance to win, and I'd rather a fair chance to win than a very small chance to win.

Luckily, I have faith that you actually want the Town to win over the mafia, which is why I'm going with this. If, instead, you wish to be vindictive, seeing as how you lose if you kill wrong, well, that's cool.
Winning with town would be my preference, yes. But hanging hurts, and I hear the Wall of Flesh has quite a temper and is not one for thinking deeply into reasons... but I guess we'll find out, if this is the way we want to go. Frankly, I'm itching to see the mighty Wall in all its splendor. It's going to be awesome! So I won't hold a grudge if it happens. (though the Wall of Flesh might...)
And that's not a possible thing for you. You cannot win with the Town at all. You also cannot win with the Mafia, which is why you're the secret weapon. But waiting to lynch until later will simply not work, because you're not a survivor.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 20, 2012, 07:15:01 am »

So why did you open the day voting Book?
Because I thought there were more people alive than there actually were and thus that lynching Book was safe.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 20, 2012, 09:35:19 am »

Bleh. I'm telling you guys, if we don't lynch Bookthras, we lose later. Even if we do lynch scum, what happens is:

7 left - 3 T, 3 M, 1 S
Lynch M
5 left - 2 T, 2 M, 1 S
Lynch M
3 left - 1 T, 1 M, 1 S
Lynch M

I guess the best we get is a tie game, since I'm pretty sure Bookthras is an sk, and not a survivor like he claims. If we lynch Bookthras, we're basically gambling that he's killable at some point, but he'll have to kill the mafia, or he loses.

Either that, or we should lynch penngo for lurking.
Hang on.....That table doesn't mean anything assuming 3 kills happen(SK,Lynch,Mafia). We also have 2 protects(me, toaster). So that means if we execute decently, we still have a chance.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 61