Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85775 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? [10/13]
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2012, 10:35:23 pm »

Hm?

Sorry guys. I've been busy. Still am. I'll take an Extend.

My one-shot's a reset. I turn someone back into their original role.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:17 pm »

Hey.  I've been rather busy recently, unfortunately.

I protected Webadict last night.  Got no PM from the mod.

Extend.  Need to think about the situation.

Shakerag, as the only known killer, is the most likely person to have attempted to kill Leafsnail.

MBP needs to explain his action.  Quickly.

I'm thinking about Webadict perhaps using his one-shot on me, to restore my auto.

Mod: If someone gained an auto ability during a night, would that auto ability take effect during said night?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »

It depends, honestly. Did you have a context in mind?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 01, 2012, 11:27:58 pm »

... Well congratulations guys. You somehow broke the LurkerTracker.

Votecount coming as soon as I figure out how you fuckers did that.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? - One Replacement Needed [10/13]
« Reply #529 on: February 01, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »

Vote count!

Shakerag [4]- Toaster, Jack A T, Bookthras, Leafsnail
Bookthras [2]- Dariush, Shakerag
Mysteriousbluepuppet [1] - webadict
Not Voting [3] - Mysteriousbluepuppet, Urist_McArathos, Ottofar

Day ends Thursday!

Think0028 sat moping in a corner. He appears to be playing a handheld console.

On closer inspection, the 'handheld console' was in fact a piece of cardboard. On it was drawn a picture with the label 'Cake Stealers.' A little message written on top said "Press A to punch jerks."

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:09:15 am by Think0028 »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 01, 2012, 11:40:42 pm »

... Well congratulations guys. You somehow broke the LurkerTracker.
Votecount coming as soon as I figure out how you fuckers did that.

Wasn't me! Really!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D3 - ? - One Replacement Needed [10/13]
« Reply #531 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:44 pm »

Shakerag [3]- Toaster, Jack A T, Bookthras
Bookthras [3]- Dariush, Shakerag, Leafsnail

Also, Leaf was voting Shakerag. I think your toy is more broken than you think....

Something should be done about that.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2012, 12:10:15 am »

Currently it just plain won't load at all. I think my method of 'store all the posts as zip files' is currently borked.

SQL time!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 02, 2012, 12:25:13 am »

It depends, honestly. Did you have a context in mind?

Okay, then.

Think0028: If Webadict's one-shot, acting as he claimed, is used on me tonight, will my auto power, as claimed, work tonight?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 02, 2012, 12:29:20 am »

Ah! This is exactly the sort of thing I was asking about. Your auto ability, as it is claimed, functions in the morning phase, so it would trigger appropriately and work correctly. I was wondering if you meant something like 'someone got a kill-immune auto and they were targeted by a kill'.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »

I'm thinking that the action immune people might not be affected by the drunkeness though?  Oh well, still probably a good idea if combined with MBP's action.  I could also get my one-shot back for a one-shot inspect I guess.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2012, 01:30:22 pm »

In #mafia, "karma" means "Use the target's action on them".  So basically exactly what MBP claimed.  He used it on a completely useless person, but he would seem to have an alibi for trying to murder me last night.

Oh.  That would have been handy to know.  Still doesn't explain why he didn't target Dariush though. 

Alright, I'm here after work.

To put it bluntly, I forgot about this game during my harried weekend and getting caught up in the other mafia games I'm involved in.  I forgot to send in my night action.

It's a lame excuse, but the truth.  I'm sorry for it.

Yeah, that's real convenient. 

I think the clearest explanation is that Shakerag targeted Leafsnail instead of me.

Except for the fact that, you know, I *did* target you.  Like I said before, I have reason to suspect that Leafsnail may not be giving us straight goods.  Or, thinking on it a bit, there's a possibility of someone having an undeclared (possibly one-shot) Nexus-like effect.  If it didn't target anyone, then it would it show up in Leafsnail's report? 

Seriously, people, this is bullshit.  Bookthras is a confirmed SK, McArathos "forgot" to send in his action, and MBP is both lurking like a boss and didn't follow the plan last night.  But I'm getting voted for doing what I was told to do.  My theory is that either Leafsnail is scum and made up the night action report to hide scum's actions/set up someone for mislynching today -or- someone on the scumteam has an ability to cause one or more person's night actions to be undetectable.  There are a lot of uncertainties as to what exactly happened last night and who is telling the truth, but we know for certain that Bookthras is an SK.  Why are you people not voting him?  As far as the flavor I got back from my night action is concerned, he died and his revive was hidden somehow.  So he could be in position to start using his abilities tonight.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »

Seriously, people, this is bullshit.  Bookthras is a confirmed SK, McArathos "forgot" to send in his action, and MBP is both lurking like a boss and didn't follow the plan last night.  But I'm getting voted for doing what I was told to do.
It's so awesome when someone expresses my thoughts for me, saves me the trouble of actually typing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2012, 01:55:26 pm »

Bookthras:  I know what Darvi and ECF have said, but I want to hear it from you:  What is your alignment?  Do you turn into a SK on death?  Have you done so and not visibly flipped?

Shakerag:  I'm not getting much of a scum read off Leafsnail, so I don't really believe that he's screwing with the report.  Other causes?  Maybe, but that seems awfully far fetched.

What is true is that McArathos and MBP (and Ottofar) are lurking the day away and haven't even voted.

Urist McA, MBP, and Ottofar:  Why aren't you voting?  Who is scum and why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2012, 02:10:44 pm »

Can everyone please extend? I really do need some time to post. I should have some later tonight, but I'm only able to quick post here and there until then.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61