Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85905 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - D2 - TODO: Witty Reference [11/13]
« Reply #405 on: January 22, 2012, 02:31:16 pm »

This is exactly the reason, along with the inability to use two mafiakill abilities at Night, since I'm assuming Orangebottle was mafiakilled in some way.
Don't forget advanced doppelganger type roles because that looked suspiciously like advanced doppelganger flavour (ie we can't even tell who it was who's been knocked out, and if it's a "role-wiping" advanced doppelganger that would explain why Jack AT's ability suddenly stopped working too.  Actually I'm liking that theory - dopps decided that sacrificing ECrown was worth it if it meant they could remove our perfect alibi system and make Orangebottle not get lynched in the morning).  "Hide the roleflip" mafia roles have never been particularly popular around here, although I guess Think could be trying something new.

I agree that Darvi and Ottofar should be killed as soon as possible after ECrown.
Again, that would be a type of mafiakill. It still requires them to have Orangebottle preform the mafiakill.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2012, 02:17:41 am »

Jack: Did you action last Night?

Nope.

I do have to lynch you and your partners to win if that's what you mean, yes.
I don't like this remark. I find it scummy.
Ottofar: Any specific reason why?

NK target of the day: We have absolutely no reason to let Darvi live.  Let's get rid of him.  Twice, if necessary.

Other idea: Ottofar claimed the same auto as me, basically.  I'm finding him aggravatingly useless, even for him, but we could use him as I was supposed to be used.

For that matter, Ottofar: Did anyone target you last night?

Finally, on the advanced dopp idea: Would something like an advanced dopp normally be stopped by its target being protected?  Multiple times over?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2012, 07:56:16 am »

ECF  yeaaah.

Jack. I think it's similar to stating I want to help town because I'm town, without anyone asking.
Also, I'm fairly sure anyone didn't target me.

Also also, I seem to have misclaimed, I see all actions used on me, but not who did them.
Sorry about that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2012, 05:35:39 pm »

I'm going to assume by everyone's lack of talking that everyone needs to talk more. What are we doing about Darvi?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 23, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »

Okay, busy weekend/day.  Catching up on the D2 posts now.

ECF - Well, that was a moronic thing to do.  It was fairly well established that Darvi was scheduled for killing, so inspecting him (not to mention using a 1-shot inspect) goes pretty well into pants-on-head retarded land.  As has been stated, regardless of what his ability is, if he's an SK, he has to die before town can win. 

Having said that, and assuming your second claim is true, you do have the only inspect in the game.  I'm just not getting a strong scum vibe from ECF.  Yes, he did something totally moronic, but being a moron isn't a scumtell.  The ECF bandwagon feels like the scumteam focusing on someone who made a mistake as an easy mislynch target, and getting rid of an ability that can oust them as a bonus. 

OB disappearing:  The "advanced dopp" theory is an interesting one.  I hadn't thought of that.  Could it also be a possiblity that OB lied about having an auto ability where his role was hidden on death?  I'm pretty sure I saw a game on here once that had a role ability like that.  Like a modified Death Miller type of deal.  Maybe more of a longshot, but could it even be some ability to fake his own death, like the Ken Kesey Xylbot role?

McArathos: Why did you unvoke Jack when he hadn't addressed your accusation of him being a killer? 

Leafsnail is starting to feel off to me.  Continuously and excessively going after ECF seems like he's trying to get everyone to think "gee, ECF did screw up there, and if Leafsnail is shouting from the rooftops that he's scum, so he must be".  That, coupled with the niggling thought that Leafsnail was leading this whole "lock down the scum" plan (which didn't really lock down the scum) because maybe he was shaping the plan to allow his scumbuddies to work around it ... That's too WIFOMy to get a vote, but enough to make me suspicious. 

However, we know Darvi has to die, so that seems like the most obvious choice to me. 

Oh, and ...
Quote from: Leafsnail
I targeted Jack AT with a random dead player's night action (obviously it was Powder Miner's).  It said I successfully delayed him.

Nope.

Does that seem right?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 23, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »

ECF - Well, that was a moronic thing to do.  It was fairly well established that Darvi was scheduled for killing, so inspecting him (not to mention using a 1-shot inspect) goes pretty well into pants-on-head retarded land.  As has been stated, regardless of what his ability is, if he's an SK, he has to die before town can win.

Having said that, and assuming your second claim is true, you do have the only inspect in the game.  I'm just not getting a strong scum vibe from ECF.  Yes, he did something totally moronic, but being a moron isn't a scumtell.  The ECF bandwagon feels like the scumteam focusing on someone who made a mistake as an easy mislynch target, and getting rid of an ability that can oust them as a bonus.
He did NOT do "something moronic".  He lied to us at massclaim and was decisively caught in his lie.  If you're prepared to let massive, unexplained lies slip by you like this then there's no point in claiming at all.

He lied at massclaim and only changed his story when we forced him to.  Only scum has a reason to lie at massclaim.  We lynch liars.  End of story.

OB disappearing:  The "advanced dopp" theory is an interesting one.  I hadn't thought of that.  Could it also be a possiblity that OB lied about having an auto ability where his role was hidden on death?  I'm pretty sure I saw a game on here once that had a role ability like that.  Like a modified Death Miller type of deal.  Maybe more of a longshot, but could it even be some ability to fake his own death, like the Ken Kesey Xylbot role?
If he were a modified death miller townie he would have claimed.  If he were a modified death miller mafia member then whoever killed him would have claimed (unless Darvi is the kind of SK with a kill, in which case ECrown is lying and you should lynch him).  Ken Kesey fakes his death then immediately revives so he's not that.

I targeted Jack AT with a random dead player's night action (obviously it was Powder Miner's).  It said I successfully delayed him.

Nope.

Does that seem right?
If you're gonna chainsaw, at least do it properly.  The action worked, but Powder Miner was not a "see if they have an action cop" (heck, you've seen his role pm).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 23, 2012, 10:18:57 pm »

Web:  Someone needs to shoot Darvi in the night.  If he doesn't stay dead, we can lynch him in the day.

Ottofar:  Do you have any original opinions as to who is scum?

Shakerag:

Nope.

Does that seem right?

Does it?  What are you trying to say here?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:25 pm »

Okay, busy weekend/day.  Catching up on the D2 posts now.

What? You can't be serious. What ECrown did was FAR worse than a simple mistake. He lied so badly that there is no way it was a simple mistake. Not at all. Try to explain HOW that could be a mistake.

Web:  Someone needs to shoot Darvi in the night.  If he doesn't stay dead, we can lynch him in the day.
Who's doing the killing? Which one of them is planning on failing this time? I think Shakerag should do it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:49 am »

Web:  Shakerag's scummier than Urist I, so he'd be my pick to test first.

Also, is Urist I still up for replacement?  It's not in the title any more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2012, 12:22:04 am »

Urist McArathos replaced in. Sorry I didn't announce it properly. Votecount soonish.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2012, 12:33:12 am »

McArathos: Why did you unvoke Jack when he hadn't addressed your accusation of him being a killer? 

Because nothing made sense at that time.  Jack losing his ability, then ECF admits he lied D1 (and his claim was awful to boot), and Toaster's inability to save OB all added up to one weird ass night.  I wanted a chance to look over things today to try and make sense of what's going on before voting any further.  I had voted Jack originally because I figured my redirect had a part to play in it, but it soon became clear that N1 was a mess.

I'm voting ECF at the moment, on the grounds that his new claim is terrible, he admitted to lying to town, and wasted a N1 kill (since I could have targeted Darvi instead, and he knew he wouldn't be killing him anyway).

I'm willing to kill Darvi tonight, but I don't see the point off the top of my head (yes, yes, I know survivors don't help at lylo, but aren't we a ways off, and don't they have just as much an incentive to win WITH town before then?)  Of course, if he's lying about being a survivor and that's the assumption we're going with, then he's either a hostile third party or scum and that's a fine NK target by me.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:20 am »

He's been quiet and lurky

If by quiet and lurky you mean I have a full time job during the day and then I spend my evenings taking care of the most ungrateful and emotionally/verbally abusive significant other someone could have, then sure.

Also, fuck you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2012, 08:11:09 am »

He's been quiet and lurky

If by quiet and lurky you mean I have a full time job during the day and then I spend my evenings taking care of the most ungrateful and emotionally/verbally abusive significant other someone could have, then sure.

Also, fuck you.
You're defending ECrown. That's good enough for me.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #418 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:54 am »

What the fuck is "wasting a N1 kill" supposed to mean? If you didn't notice, everybody that still has a kill is still alive.

Also, I think lying at massclaim is a pretty fucking valid strategy for the only fucking cop in the entire game.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2012, 08:54:16 am »

Is there any point in not Shortening right now?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61