Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flashing Red Cross, No Reason  (Read 584 times)

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
Flashing Red Cross, No Reason
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »

Sometimes I see dwarves flashing plus signs who don't have any wounds or scars. This guy is crawling for god's sake. In their thoughts it will say, "he sustained major injuries recently" but he has no wounds or scars, again. However in Health it says this guy's lower spine plus nervous tissue were Cut apart, sutured, set, and dressed, in Limestone. It's Obsidian now. Like three months later. So...

Maybe this recruit basically has a broken back and that's why he's crawling and flashing the plus sign. But he doesn't show any wounds or scars other than the thought about sustaining major injuries. I've seen this before but I didn't check those dwarves in the health screen. I will next time and update this thread
Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Flashing Red Cross, No Reason
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »

If his nervous tissue was cut open, he has nerve damage.  While the bones and muscles can heal, the nerves never will, so the dwarf will be counted as injured for the rest of his life and will require crutches to walk.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »

If his nervous tissue was cut open, he has nerve damage.  While the bones and muscles can heal, the nerves never will, so the dwarf will be counted as injured for the rest of his life and will require crutches to walk.
Sounds like he needs a visit to the danger room
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

Yup, your dwarf is permanently paraplegic.

Sounds like you now have a new craftsman or manager.

Or pincushion, if you haven't thoroughly tested your danger room yet. (Hint: you haven't.)
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 09:26:10 pm »

Though with time on crutches they can be very useful again. A Legendary +5 Crutch Walker can move faster than he did before his injury.

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:11:08 pm »

lol
Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV