Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about showers?

They are great.
- 72 (63.7%)
They suck.
- 12 (10.6%)
I'm going to click on the pointless answer, with no relevtivity to the question, which is located below.
- 14 (12.4%)
The shoe is in the freezer.
- 15 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Showers.  (Read 4356 times)

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
Showers.
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:08:34 pm »

So, my girlfriend and I got into a debate about showers. I think they are amazing. And she thinks they are a pointless waste of time. What do you think bay12??

Please try to be appropriate.
Add magma? Why the hell not?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Showers.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »

I prefer baths, but showers are pretty sweet as well.  Sometimes I have two a day just because I'm bored!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »

I prefer showers to baths primarily because when I take a bath, I tend to get all comfy and stay way too dang long.  Then there's the whole yadda yadda about swimming in your filth, but I don't get that dirty between washings. :)

At least, I assume you're asking that question?  I could have interpreted this as being, "Do you think there's any point in washing?" as opposed to, "Showers vs. baths?"
Through pain, I find wisdom.

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:56 pm »

]
  I could have interpreted this as being, "Do you think there's any point in washing?" as opposed to, "Showers vs. baths?"

Well, I'm pretty much asking, do you enjoy your time in the shower/bath. Like, when I shower, I have music on and I like to think about. . .  well everything really. I enjoy it. It's my "ponder what ever the hell I feel like" time.
Add magma? Why the hell not?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:48:59 pm »

Oh, yeah I was interpreting it as "Showers vs. baths" rather than "Showers vs. Ewwww I hate getting wet"

Dude....I'll camp out in a tub full of hot water. Get me a good book and a drink, and I can be in there for hours.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »

Ooh, right, got you.  In that case, it really just depends on my mood.  Sometimes I'm thinking, "Heck yeah, some time to contemplate not very profound stuff."

Other times, I'm thinking, "Argh... I really don't want to waste time with that right now, but I gotta..."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »

If there is a bath in the house: I hate showers.
In all other cases*: I wash myself for two minutes and than I spent an hour just standing in the shower thinking about life and cats and other stuff until my mom knocks on the door and starts yelling at me.
And usually not in that order.

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:56 pm »

Showering too long/often can strip the natural oils from your skin, leaving it feeling 'dry'

So, quick showers, and/or long baths are the best options; a long shower or quick bath is a waste of water.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »

I don't think the water is wasted if it's purpose wasn't to wash you, but to make you feel warm, relaxed and philosophical.
And annoying family members make sure my skin keeps enough of its natural oils.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 05:12:49 pm »

Showering too long/often can strip the natural oils from your skin, leaving it feeling 'dry'

So, quick showers, and/or long baths are the best options; a long shower or quick bath is a waste of water.
I'd like to see the supporting evidence for this. My hair is the healthiest, thickest hair I've ever seen dangle from a man's scalp and I take showers every day.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

From what I understand, its generally the soap that causes issues, not the shower itself, unless you have hard water.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 05:25:26 pm »

Don't really care either way.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 06:08:02 pm »

Baths are superior.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 06:36:05 pm »

Baths are superior.
Wallowing in the dirt you're trying to get off you is superior to washing it away?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:44 pm »

They're superior because when you're done, you still have somewhere nice and warmish to sit and think of stuffs. Showers you just wash things and get out so you can go do something else, they're too loud to think very much in. YOu don't get that dirty that fast, and if you do thats what showers are for.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:40:18 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4