Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 1759 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 06:36:42 am »

That makes no sense time in DF is the same thing as FPS so a bad computer would be unable to maintain in the same time as a good one, this would create one hell of a mess when you end a fortress or adventurer.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 11:23:44 am »

One of the top 10 most suggested features of all time for dwarf fortress. Also probably the second hardest suggestion for toady to implement, multithreading being the hardest (would require a complete rewrite of almost every bit of code).

You're new, so please try searching the suggestions forum. This game attracts a very imaginative playerbase, so there are a LOT of suggestions already put out and discussed to death.

I would like to see multilayer if nothing else in the form of trading goods between fortress.  maybe when army's live on the world map a send troops option.
Best that can be done is once post-gen world tracking is complete, you should be able to quit a fortress without abandoning it. Then trading could be allowed.
That would spawn an interesting form of succession game, world seeding. Each player gets a certain number of years to get their fortress going before having to turn it over to the world and pass the save on. Each round would add another potential trading partner (or enemy if you mod in multiple races to start as) to the world for successive fortresses.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »

why the fuck does this keep on coming up, here is why it wouldn't work

YOU CAN'T PAUSE AND FPS WOULD SUCK

it's too dworfy

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:56:47 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

Bottom line, multiplayer has been discussed TO DEATH.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 10:57:29 pm »

if you wan't some multiplayer then join a community fort
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms
Pages: 1 [2]