Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ancient Ashes a masterwork mod  (Read 4964 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ancient Ashes a masterwork mod
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:54 am »

Come gather around beardlings for I have a tale both ancient and glorious. It is a tale of hardship and toil, but also of joy and prosperity. Come join me and listen. Many years ago during a time of strife, are people sent out a lonely caravan to establish a new home for our people. It was to bring us safety and prosperity, a new golden age they said. And so this caravan left to a distant place of ash and soot, where volcanoes ruled the mountains and skies. In this place not a living creature stirred, only the long dead bones of those who were burned by the fire of the volcanoes, or torn apart by the dead. This is the tale of Ancient Ashes, a tale of ups and downs. Come and here the tale of this are home.
Right so I am starting a Community fortress and plan on updating it at least every day as long as no major projects come along. I will be using the Masterwork mod with Phoebus graphics. The purpose of this fort is one, improve my DF skills. Two practice my writing craft. The third and final reason is to hopefully create a story of legends (which may with Armok and Toady’s blessing) reach the level of the greats. This is the embark of the fort, we have a river and a volcano, plus soil and metal so it should be good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will be listing the dwarfed dwarfs in my second post. As well all dwarves will be available except for our starting warrior who, I might add will be me. Anyways thanks for your time please feel free to sign up, I will be embarking this Friday the latest unless I fill up before then. If you want to be dwarfed please provide name, proffesion and some goals and desires of your character, bio is encouraged as well.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:24:50 pm by Stronghammer »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staring Of Masterwork mod
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 08:27:03 am »

Dwarves
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:58:53 am by Stronghammer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Starting Of Masterwork mod
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:59 am »

:D

Dwarf me as Meph the broker/bookkeeper please. They guy will have to do use his mighty pen to fix all the bug you come along. I'll be watching this, for fun and for balancing purposes. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:31:08 am »

Hugo the Axe Dwarf that is also a weapon and armorsmith

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 09:41:01 am »

Thx meph and hugo for joining you are up in the list of dwarves.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »

Ross, Cook/Brewer.

Also, reservist with a sword.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

A stonecrafter with delusions of masonhood, named Great-Wyrm Ego.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:16:04 pm »

your both up

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:16 pm »

Well do to lazyness and lack of stuff to do I am embarking today.

The caravan came of over the hill just in time to catch the first rays of the rising sun. The caravan consisted of the remains of the expedition party, 7 brave and battered dwarves who had survived the various attacks of the undead horde that plagued the land. The part had one devoted fighter,Stronghammer. Stronghammer had taken over the leadership of  the caravan when the other soldiers had all parished in the fighting. The others who joined him was Meph the one who had located the spot to embark to and was to take care of all paperwork, Hugo normally a smith by trade yet had been of great help in holding the dead back with the blade of his axe. Ross, was concidered by everyone to be the most important and loved of the dwarves for he was the brewer and cook of the expedition. He also claimed to be ok with a sword, yet non of the others would let him demonstrate or help in the defence as they feared his death. The caravan had also been accompanied by several talented craftsmen, yet the only one that remained was Great-Wyrm, the stonecrafter though he constantly told everyone how he was a skilled mason and was to be the best in the world. The last members that made up the ragtag band of dwarves was the two nameless miners, who seemed to talk to no one and never spoke. This group was to setup a new outpost for the dwarven empire, to help bring about prosperity and safety to the empire.

Stronghammer looked out over the valley that they sat in taking in the river and the nearby volcano. The turned shaking his head at Meph's idea of "Ideal location". "Hey Meph ye pencil pusher is this the spot?"

Meph hurried over dropping small pieces of paper and dripping ink from his open ink bottle. He did a quick look at the map and then gazed out over the valley. "Yup right here is perfect!"

Hugo hopped off the wagon and took a view of the area before chipping in his two cents "Well we got an endless supply of lava, which is good for smithing." Ross also picked this time to unhich the ox and thus making the discussion moot. "Well its got water, and plants, and rock for pots, all oh which means booze." The dwarves at the hint that booze might soon be flowing all agreed with Ross that this was the ideal spot.

Stronghammer turned to the two miners and began to bark orders to the nameless fellows to dig out their home. Just as thhey began to carve out their homes Great-Wyrm bellowed "DONT USE THAT ROOOCK!!!" All the others paused in unloading the wagon or carving out the hole. Meph scurried over to Great-wyrm quite curious as to the complaint, as he was quite sure this would be the perfect spot. "Why not that rock?" Great-Wyrm puffed up his chest, making himself look much like an over stuffed plump helmet. "We should use that rock to build blocks and then I will use my great skill of masonary to build a fort above the ground, dominating the valley!!!"

The dwarves all stood blinking for several moments before they reacted. Stronghammer and Hugo immediately began howling with laughter as they resumed emptying the wagon, Meph scratched his quill against his head quite puzzeled at the preposterous idea. THe miners just shook their heads and resumed their tunneling and Ross just wondered off to collect brewing plants. As the dwarves scattered Great-Wyrm looked about quite confused, for what dwarf wouldnt want him to build them a brick house above the ground.

Anyways I hope you guys like the first post, feel free to contribute desires, requests, and journal entries or other rps they will be considered.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »

Requesting to claim one of those miners.
Name: Shinstache
Skill: Miner
Info: Grandpa Shinstache - dwarven equalent of Vietnam veteran, had his squad killed by kobolds in endless tunnels. There he learned how to use a pick - and how to use it good - escaping from underground prison. Often spews insults at other dwarves but is a wise man who just loves telling his war-time stories.

After getting legendary+ in mining turn him into a squad leader.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 04:44:14 pm »

Meph stood gazing on the little round hill between the volcano and the river. Looking left... then looking right. For hours at seemed. Finally one of the other walked up to him and asked: "Hey, something wrong?"

"Well... we have magma, right ?"
"Yep."
"And we have water, right?"
"Yep."
"We could create quite a fancy defense mechanism with that. I've been thinking about it all day."
"Pffh, we dont even have a living quarter set up, and you dream about casting obsidian... "
"Just a thought... just a thought." came the quite reply, before Meph went back to his work, updating stockpile records.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:33 pm »

The miners quickly carved out a small hall that led to a small cave that would for the time being serve as the dwarves home and workshop. It wasn’t much just a dirt cave, but it was home.
As Stronghammer was overlooking the transportation of the food and supplies one of the miners walked by and began to comment. “Aye Stronghammer, when are we diggin into stone? This mud and soil aint the business of dwarves.” Stronghammer turned and took a long look at the miner who had spoken to him while hefting his pick on to his shoulders. The miner had the look of a dwarf who had survived trials of many encounters with battle and the horrors of the deeps of the mountains. Yet he also had a solidarity about him that seemed standard with the brave mining dwarves. “We will be digging to the stone as soon as we can. Right now we need ta figure out our defences and possible industries.” Shinstache, for that was the miners name, just shook his head and walked off to continue mining. However he grumbled the whole way about when he was mining boss, or how in his day they had more respect for the miners. Stronghammer chuckled as he turned back to continue to supervise the movement of supplies into the fort, when Meph seemed to pop out of now were in front of him. “Stronghammer!” “BAAAH” Stronghammer stumbled backwards as Meph startled him from his sudden appearance “By rock and stone, don’t do that Meph ye will give me a heart attack!”
Meph merely shrugged before continuing on with his thoughts “Sorry Stronghammer, but I was wondering if we might harness the lava and water to create defences or a possible obsidian factory?” Stronghammer as he stood up and brushed his beard back into order just shook his head. “We have neither bed, nor table, food, nor drink and ye are worrying about obsidian??” Again Meph merely shrugged “Well it is a viable plan that would assist the fort to increase wealth, as well as....” Stronghammer quickly interrupted him as he knew it would probably turn into a lengthy report. “Ok, ill think about it, lets worry about defence and food first ok?” Meph gave a quick nod before bolting off to help carry in the various barrels and crates. Stronghammer quickly layed the plans for another room to be carved to use as temporary housing and another to be used as farm land so that Ross (as he was designated the farming duties) could begin planting. As he was planning he was about to give orders when he noticed something on the ground at the opening to the hall. A drawbridge. Before he could even ask who built it Great-wyrm ran straight up to him a happy look on his face. “Told you I was a great Mason, I built the bridge and even asked one of the miners to dig a little trench under it for protection.”
Stronghammer was at a loss of words for several minutes, until something finally popped out “You cant even make blocks, how...with what.....?” Great-wyrm seemed only too happy to provide the information to him. “I made it out of three rocks!” Stronghammer’s faced dropped from one of confusion to one of absolute incredulity.”HOOOOOOWWWW????” Great-wyrm merely shrugged and walked off quick upset at the fact that his abilities were clearly not thought highly of. Stronghammer wandered onto the bridge  and stared at it beneath his feet wondering at how the other dwarf had broken the law of physics and reality its self.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 02:26:58 am »

I don't see the fields, but I will totally make an in-character post soon with a farm design and his pleased reaction.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:29 pm »

I humbly request a not-so-modest dwarf. Call him Don Gatto, hammer/macedwarf, and make him Hammerer/Sheriff/Captain of the guard. He insists on calling himself the "mace of the district". It's okay either if you want to wait for an appropriate dwarf to arrive, or train a blank requit from scratch (bashing the local wildlife with a mace or bare hands).
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 05:06:20 pm »

you dont see fields cause he was just planning them and yes ishar you may once i play some tonight and get migrants ill dorf you

edit no posts to night but there will be two tomorrow
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:06:39 pm by Stronghammer »
Pages: [1] 2 3