Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New projects I'm starting. Need help.  (Read 728 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New projects I'm starting. Need help.
« on: January 10, 2012, 03:36:24 am »

Basically I want to capture as much humans and elves as I possibly can. With them captured, I'll do a lot of !!science!! to make them breed. Once I have an endless supply or humans or elves I'll pit them in a danger room. Training them to legendary skills. (Invaders in danger room works right? Can't find the thread though.) Now that they're all legendary and deadly, I'll recapture them and put them in an arena. Inside I'll pit goblins one by one letting them duke it out.

-Can invaders breed?
-Do danger room work on invaders?
-Do invaders fight other invaders?
-If not, can I change to peace with the humans and elves (with others still captured) so they can fight goblins?

If neither of these work then I'll do something else. I want to pit my elf princess in a 1x1 room. Surrounded by glass or fortification so my dwarfs can see her. My question is, would my dwarfs run away since she's an invader? What if I somehow managed to change from war with them to peace?

Right now I have a human female and an elf princess. Both naked.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: New projects I'm starting. Need help.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:46 am »

They need to be married before entering the fort.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:59 am »

And what are the chances of that happening? Ugh.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:44:16 am »

Yeah, which is the problem. I think it might be possible that if you set them to be pets, and domesticate them, then dump them in the area, you might be able to get them to breed. But even then, their children will be killed by them/kill them.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:45:33 am »

I'm not sure about the breeding part. It might be possible if a male and female were married, but I don't think they get pregnant when they're in your map. In short, the female enters the map already preggers.

Of course, this topic lacks !!science!!, so some experimenting might be good.

EDIT: Creatures (as in non-civ race) can breed, however. That's something I'm sure about.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »

Did this in the abandoned !!PHILOSOPHY!! thread, yes, you can. Also, use weapon traps with training weapons, and only put a few training weapons in (to avoid the chance of light bruising). Also, have a way to give the poor things a break, or they get exhausted :d

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:44:29 am »

Also, have a way to give the poor things a break, or they get exhausted :d

They get exhausted? Wait, so does that mean they still need to drink/eat?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 03:09:03 am »

Goblins don't eat, but they don't have [NOEXERT] so they will eventually get tired, then exhausted, then overexerted just like your dwarves will.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 12:30:18 pm »

Goblins don't eat, but they don't have [NOEXERT] so they will eventually get tired, then exhausted, then overexerted just like your dwarves will.

Yup. So give them a recreation zone :P
[Dog baited resting rooms work nicely. Just make sure you have a Dorf nearby that will actually pull the levers needed to keep the gobbos/humans/elves there. And a flooding system to push them back out is the easiest way for large amounts of hostiles.]

**Also, don't train the Elves, Humans and Gobbos together. They are a *bit* hostile to each other, and will fight. And nobody wants that....

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:08:31 pm »

I have 2 danger rooms right now, one for the humans and one for the elves. And another 2 arenas, one for each.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:48 am »

-Can invaders breed?
-Do invaders fight other invaders?
-If not, can I change to peace with the humans and elves (with others still captured) so they can fight goblins?
- Not in normal conditions. Their mounts, however, can. (Note that the creatures' children will be hostile to them, and are usually immediately struck down.)

- Yes.

- If they are from separate civs, though they may need to be at war with each other, I'm not certain.
If you keep caravans from leaving the map some of them may go berserk, and will be hostile to everything (and no longer immune to your cage traps >:] ).

- I don't think your own relationship with a civ changes those civ's hostility towards eachother, but it's worth some !!science!!.