Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the feeling you get when  (Read 318 times)

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
the feeling you get when
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:46 am »

your brewer dies because he was standing on ice when it thawed and he drowned, and the still just DOESN'T SHOW IT.

Is there a easy way to detect this type of !!FUN!!??
They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.

Gunnarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the feeling you get when
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:50:44 am »

ahahahaha

happened to one of my dwarves, but it was just a bonecarver. I assumed I could not get his corpse out of the lake so I just left it and forgot about it. (i was going to just dig around it and let the water avaporate but i never got to it!!)

it froze over and a year or so later a ghost came up... woops! haha had to dig all the ice out to find his skeleton!! aha

but anyway, the only way i know of is just checking the announcments somewhat often, and checking on the still everyonce in awhile to see if they are still working (i sometimes forget to build enough barrels!!)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:22:28 am »

IF you are worried about this happening again without you know then you can go into data/init/announcements.txt, find the line [CITIZEN_DEATH:A_D:D_D:UCR_A] and change it to [CITIZEN_DEATH:A_D:D_D:UCR_A:P:R]. That should make it so that whenever one of your citizen dwarf dies the game will pause and recenter over their now dead body. The bad thing to this is that if you ever lose a bunch of dwarves right after one another then it is going to take you a while to unpause your way through all of their deaths.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

UnexpectedSalad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:38 am »

Man, I've had a couple drown for what seems like no reason. Had a small pond near the entrance to my fortress, a bunch of dwarfs where taking animals to the pasture and a few of them just drowned in that ... 4x5 pond. Lol.

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:12:22 am »

hmmm, pause/unpause (space-bar-war) or massive death by thirst because of no brewer and water frozen over....
Still(^^) not sure.

Greetings and thanks :-)
They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.