Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Looking for real tough mudders in Melbourne.  (Read 4564 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for real tough mudders in Melbourne.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 02:30:14 pm »

I might compete in the upcoming event in Seattle this fall. Looks to be a good time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »

To be fair, there are Tough Mudder events around the world. Now you guys don't have any excuse :P

If i'm correct there is only one single event in continental europe (Berlin 2013)

What? There's at least 3 in germany alone; the aforementioned Berlin in august/sept, Cologne on the 25/26 of may 2013, and munich in July 2013. Prereg is also available for sites in France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Sweden.

I might compete in the upcoming event in Seattle this fall. Looks to be a good time.

It really is! Also, it's honestly not as hard as you might think. Everyone is very helpful, so if you're having trouble with an obstacle, people will help you through/over/under it!

You're my hero, Osmosis. A tough scientist, which describes exactly what I wanted to be when I was younger and still had dreams...

...oh, I have wasted my life! ;(

Anyway, that's seriously awe-inspiring. And looks like hell of a lot of fun.

Also nice outfit, still the teletubbies win on the creative field. (they must've sweated their arses off in those suits, though)

Heh, cheers. Honestly, I'm amazed the teletubbies are still alive. I was struggling to swim the lake, and all I was wearing was a thin shirt and some shoes. Trying it in full teletubby get up would have been insane.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:16:02 pm by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 07:20:37 pm »

Next year if the Melbourne one is on I will most definitely at least do the bike ride.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 07:29:11 pm »

Melbourne one is on again 16th and 17th of feb, two days before my birthday (which is funny, as the Saturday event which we ran was on Yuri's birthday), but I'm not sure what you're talking about with the bike ride... there's no bikes in Tough Mudder.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:17 pm »

...Oh.

Meh. I'll just get riding then.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:34 pm »

Hmm. I'm not in a position to do this, but I'm stealing that workout :b looks just ridiculous enough :D

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »

Gimme six years, then I'll be in.

It sucks being too young for things.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 02:48:40 pm »

To be fair, there are Tough Mudder events around the world. Now you guys don't have any excuse :P
If i'm correct there is only one single event in continental europe (Berlin 2013)
What? There's at least 3 in germany alone; the aforementioned Berlin in august/sept, Cologne on the 25/26 of may 2013, and munich in July 2013. Prereg is also available for sites in France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Sweden.

Well .. I preregged for Austria. Munich is not too far away as well. Anyone else in central europe?
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »

Me not sprechen sie German, when is the event scheduled for?

This is by no means a declaration of commitment, but seeing how my 30th birthday is approaching together with the inevitable middle-age crisis, I might just about decide to do something insane and go from being the king of slackers to some kind of a mudderling, providing there is enough time.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »

Well .. I preregged for Austria. Munich is not too far away as well. Anyone else in central europe?

Congrats man! It really is great fun. That said, take my advice, and get a friend to run with. Everyone on the course will help you anyway, but a good friend just makes it much, much better.

Me not sprechen sie German, when is the event scheduled for?

This is by no means a declaration of commitment, but seeing how my 30th birthday is approaching together with the inevitable middle-age crisis, I might just about decide to do something insane and go from being the king of slackers to some kind of a mudderling, providing there is enough time.

Good on you mate! For time, 3 gym sessions a week and a run on the weekend got me from bseline fitness (not fat, but didn't work out at all) to able to power through the mudder in 10 weeks, and that was with a bung knee for the last 2 weeks meaning I couldn't do the running portion of the training.

The basic fitness level required isn't terribly high, but it tends to throw people because they train thinking it's a footrace, and neglect building their upperbody. If you can get to the point where you can do at least 5 unassissted wide grip chin ups and 5 pull ups, you shouldn't have any great trouble with the obstacles.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:12 pm »

Hey guys, tis me again! Tough Mudder is back; registration just opened for Melbourne 2013 (19-20th Jan). Tickets are $105 till midnight tonight, and you can get $10 off up until this friday (the 8th) using the code "20PreregMelbourne13".

I'm signing up tonight, is anyone else keen? :D

(leetle bit disappointed that they shifted the dates though)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 02:52:19 am »

Definitely going to put some money aside when i have money to put aside for it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 03:11:37 am »

Definitely going to put some money aside when i have money to put aside for it.
I just wish I was old enough. :/
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 03:57:30 am »

Whelp, we registered. We got a team together too; The Dirty Doctors, as we're all PhD students :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 04:48:17 am »

And I would be the token undergrad! :3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4