Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Two problems with building materials  (Read 708 times)

Jarko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[38c] Two problems with building materials
« on: May 22, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »

Unless I'm overlooking something obvious and idiotic, there's a couple of things very wrong when I try to construct walls, floors etc with this fortress.

First, I have a handful of rock blocks in a stockpile, none of which show up on the list of possible construction materials. Pearlash bars in the same stockpile *do* show up, as do various metal and green glass blocks stored elsewhere. The rock blocks aren't forbidden, they aren't in use by another task, and they haven't been totally mislaid by the game as I've had dwarves pick them up for use in strange moods.

Second, rocks on the bottom Z-level don't show up for construction purposes either. Try to build something on Z-128 and the closest rocks that it offers are those on the level above.

Both these problems persist even after quitting out and going back in and forbidding and unforbidding the items. The game's unmodded - the only tweaks I've made are a few init options beforehand, plus toggling temperature on and off a couple of times and playing about with the framerate settings. Save file is here.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [38c] Two problems with building materials
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

I've downloaded it and I'll take a look at some point.  There are all sorts of legitimate reasons why the items might be disallowed, but there are also a few bugs I fixed that can screw up the pathing to the objects, and there's always the chance that it's something I haven't seen yet either.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:00 pm »

I've fixed this for next time.  There were more than 32K items it was considering, so it blewout another variable.  I thought I had fixed those problems before, but apparently there was another one.  I built an orthoclase pillar at the bottom level using the nearby stone, and I'm assuming the blocks are the same issue.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

pra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 07:37:59 pm »

*necromance*

havins same problem. using this version.
some stones like granite and dolomite are usable to build walls, others like microcline do not appear in the list. tried creating stockpiles specially for microcline and then building something after it had some microclines in it, no effect.

trying to load the savegame with the default version gives me FATAL ERROR: Missing Creature Body Definition: CAT_MOUTH.

also tried to replace some of the raws with the ones from the default version (all the matgloss_stone_*.txt), no effect.

edit: I am stupid and I can't read.
Note 4: DFG comes with the Stone Control mod that allows you to forbid the use of all types of stones by treating them as economic. Go to Z->Stone and enable those you want to use!
of course the ones i could not use were disabled.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:44:21 pm by pra »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:20 pm »

of course the ones i could not use were disabled.

All okay, then?

pra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 09:06:44 pm »

yes.
damn, i didn't even knew this menu existed..