Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: What's the last funny/random/utterly absurd moment that happened in a game?  (Read 18130 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Last funny, random, and utterly absurd moment you've had in a game
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:22 am »

I'm pretty sure it's Nethack, but yes. Please remember to state the name o' the game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2012, 02:00:00 am »

Pretty much every item in The Binding of Isaac.

"Mom's Underwear"
"Shoop Da Woop"
What the hell was this kid playing with?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2012, 02:56:00 am »

Was playing Super Monday Night Combat. For those who don't know it's an FPS MOBA. 5v5 teams, and you can only pick one of each character per team. It bugged out and I ended up in a round with four of the same character, all Sniper types. Thought we would end up getting destroyed but we won. It was awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:36 am »

Killed a boar on top of a makeshift plank bridge, and it somehow got stuck underneath it, flailing about wildly, leaving behind a smoke cloud.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:00:59 am by Itnetlolor »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »

An angry shopkeeper knocked me down near my own bomb in Spelunky.

I also dropped a damsel while trying to grab a golden idol. Crying, she jumped down and.. got hit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:18:31 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2012, 01:08:18 pm »

Like all the other similar threads state, name the game so we can minimize the asking about it.
Oops, sorry. Could've sworn I had put it in the top!
It is,  indeed, Nethack.

Not Netball, silly autocorrect.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2012, 01:10:54 pm »

An angry shopkeeper knocked me down near my own bomb in Spelunky.

I also dropped a damsel while trying to grab a golden idol. Crying, she jumped down and.. got hit.
Why do they get upset so easily? I understand the whole getting hit by an arrow or being thrown at a giant spider thing, but if I gently put her down she runs off crying, and falls into spikes.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:17 pm »

In Spelunky i was checking out the wares in a shop, then i carefully planted a ware on the floor, then i was shot.
God damnit, i had the pitcher glove fucking hell..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »

Being a DF player has urged me to new heights of mischief in spelunky. A sticky bomb to the shopkeeper's face with a quick getaway plan is great.

And what made me pleased was I took a shortcut to the fourth level, and RIGHT NEXT TO SPAWN was the 'Ash' gravestone (for those who don't know, bombing this grave yields a shotgun, as a Shout Out to Evil Dead.)

Fixed the reference. :3
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:49:27 pm by Reudh »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2012, 05:46:32 pm »

'Ash' gravestone ... Shout Out to Resident Evil.)

:I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »

The Guild 2

Near the start of my game, I'd gotten a small successful business up and running and was enjoying some fairly healthy profits. I'd even won a political office. My main character suddenly contracted the plague, and, him being single and the infirmaries inexplicably not having any medicine, I immediately set out to woo some lucky lady. I managed to get married and have a child shortly before the timer started ticking away on the "plague" icon. I was perplexed, because I wasn't sure if this meant he would die or be healed. So I sent him off to defend his seat in the town council, which someone else thought they could take.

Right as the meeting was getting started, the timer ran out and the icon disappeared. He was cured!

And then died right right in the middle of the crowd. Because he was unable to defend his position in the town council (Who can blame him?), he lost it, and the council promptly asked his corpse to leave the proceedings.

Jerks.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2013, 01:41:50 pm »

I do not want to make a new topic, so i will add to this forgotten one, thank you forum software for reminding me that it is indeed an old post ...

anyway,

I walked up to this tome in Guildwars 2, that summons a fire demon and ... my pet ...
See for yourself:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2013, 02:02:11 pm »

Satchel charge bowling, my new favorite tactic in HL1 and its spinoffs. Run, click, run back, click again, boom! Works great going around doors, and has a mystical ability to crack up anyone who's watching.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

generalpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Um, Well, You know...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

Playing any moment of Cortex Command...
You land your troops and as the rocket takes off, it explodes and ends a round pre-maturely....
Wise Words ; Pride is Good. Until it is bad. Then it is bad.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Arise my thread... from the depths of the archives.

I just had a F-UA-R (rolls out the tongue better) moment a few nights ago while playing Unreal Tournament (classic UT99/GOTY).

As usual, I'm playing against my custom set of bots that are a bit hardcore, even on normal difficulty, and I battle on Godlike usually. Meaning, these guys will kill you without a second glance. You see them, you're already dead. So yeah; expect to stay in the lower-half rankings reliably.

Anyway, the map was DM-Hyperblast (fighting on a ship inside and out in the middle of hyperspace, for the uninitiated; UT2k4 has a fancier and larger version of the same level, more plausibly built, though the same basic structure, given the updated engine and detailing.). While dying as usual, and lasting for roughly 15 seconds at a time per-respawn, I was finally on the verge of getting a killing spree (5 kills in a row without dying), on the way to the shock rifle on top of the aft of the ship, out of nowhere, one of the bots appeared out of the blue, and stole the gun right out from underneath my feet, and shot me off the ship. Total blindside; no sign of them during my flight to it from the middle of the ship, and no respawn/teleport noise either, and I was just a foot off the ground before I was seeing a blue figure appear out of nowhere, and stole my weapon before I got to it, and a blue stream later, I'm eating vacuum. It was a brief 5-second death, but it caught me off guard, and I was laughing for the next few moments before I started dying too quickly, and had to focus again.

EDIT:
I've been meaning to revive this thread for awhile already. Finally got a good reason.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:31:13 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9