Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: What's the last funny/random/utterly absurd moment that happened in a game?  (Read 18142 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Last funny, random, and utterly absurd moment you've had in a game
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 10:15:26 pm »

Pretty much exactly like that, except in GTA:SA.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »

In Far Cry 2.

I'm a hundred yards or so across a valley from a guy with a Carl Gustav, and I have a sniper rifle.  I take aim, he takes aim, it's very intense, very Wild West Showdown.  I pull the trigger a split second before he does and my gun jams.  Fuck.  I survived, we were pretty far apart so I could get to a moderately safe distance.  A few seconds later I shoot him with a rocket in the air and it flips the fuck out.  It starts flying in circles, bouncing around at crazy angles, and after about 10 seconds of this goes flying off in a random direction and goes off.
He shot the rocket. I've seen this happen in multiplayer when using lightmachineguns. That's pretty damn awesome.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 03:29:08 am »

No, he didn't.  It's a bug with the rocket targeting, if a guy dies while a rocket he fired is in the air it does that.

Anyway new one, Just Cause 2.  I'm driving an ATV of some sort with a Ular Boy manning the mounted gun.  I see a gas station and decide I want to blow it up, so I attempt to jump onto the gun.  I hit the wrong button and bail out.  The Ular Boy, stuck in the gunseat, careens screaming into the gas station and it blows up.
Shoes...

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »

Watching a friend play Assassin's Creed 2.
We had fun.
He was at the point where you most follow some guys talking in the main mission-line.
He was following them trough rooftops, but on rooftops are archers.
He quickly kill the archer, just to see the corp falling right in front of the targets, "Oh shit" we say, as he is suposed to be detected and fail the mission.
But a cutscene arrive. We were lucky.
A little later, they arrive on a bridge.
My friend jump on the bridge, then try to jump in water but instead land on the ramp of the bridge; Right in front of the targets. They turn around and see him and... Cutscene!
It was hilarious.
What was more hilarious is that you could actually see Ezio on the ramp right next to the guys talking, IN the cutscene...
It was damn hilarious!
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »

Skyrim:

Doing the introductory Thieves Guild quest, where you start through the Ratway and have to fight your way through the undesirables to get to their main area. Long story short, I get to the (apparently blind) man sitting on a chair, with the unarmed bonus gloves. Being fairly proficient in Sneak already, I got to the door, which I then opened. He apparently heard me, went toward the now opened door, and managed to hit two of the bear traps on his way to me. I was still undetected at this point, where he was right in front of me, and a quick double slash ended the rest of his life. I almost felt a little sad for him.

Other random, notable moments include sneaking around the (very blind) Falmer, sometimes bumping into them and seeing ones pathing screw up. Badly. He paths underneath the floor, and as I wonder where my new bag of (admittedly shitty) loot had gone, he gets catapulted up through the floor, hitting the roof of the dwemer ruin, before falling down and dying immediately. It was almost like a Giant hit him, minus the blood stains everywhere.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 11:15:21 pm »

Nearly mow down some civilian ship in my big giant Cerberus. I click it to see what it was.

Ship Computer: "Boron Funeral Directors"

Nearly sent them to their own funeral!

X3:TC

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:36 am »

After arranging my units perfectly and giving the order to assault, I start getting spammed with abandoned vehicle and commander killed messages. When I finally decide to figure out why, I zoom in and see about 5 half tracks managed to get into a massive rollover accident in a ditch. Damn near ruined my invasion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 01:28:18 am »

A simple blast-off-to-space type rollercoaster suddenly derailed itself. That was unexpected, since it was operating perfectly otherwise. Suddenly, all of the peeps stood up and shrugged off the damage the rollercoaster suffered, as if nothing happened.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 02:26:51 am »

After arranging my units perfectly and giving the order to assault, I start getting spammed with abandoned vehicle and commander killed messages. When I finally decide to figure out why, I zoom in and see about 5 half tracks managed to get into a massive rollover accident in a ditch. Damn near ruined my invasion.

Who were they targeting? The Blues Brothers?

Spoiler: Don't you ever learn? (click to show/hide)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »

Nethack.
I burst into a monster zoo with my polymorphed pet army and I see a black dragon, front and center by the door. I dodge the distintegrate ray, mentally swearing never to risk of distintegration again.

So I kill and try to rapidly eat the dragon. While the rest of the monster zoo tries to kill me. 

I finished, got the "you feel very stable" message indicating I could use black dragon breath as a personal delouser, felt satiated, and damn well near dead from hp loss, lost my owlbear pet, who was just a kitten in the dwarf mines when I adopted him. 

Still the image of a wizard eating a whole black dragon while his army of monsters and the occassional cone of cold  hold a huge pile of horror (including at least 2 more dragons...with less interesting resistances) at bay was pretty amusing.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2012, 04:52:13 pm »

Nethack.
I burst into a monster zoo with my polymorphed pet army and I see a black dragon, front and center by the door. I dodge the distintegrate ray, mentally swearing never to risk of distintegration again.

So I kill and try to rapidly eat the dragon. While the rest of the monster zoo tries to kill me. 

I finished, got the "you feel very stable" message indicating I could use black dragon breath as a personal delouser, felt satiated, and damn well near dead from hp loss, lost my owlbear pet, who was just a kitten in the dwarf mines when I adopted him. 

Still the image of a wizard eating a whole black dragon while his army of monsters and the occassional cone of cold  hold a huge pile of horror (including at least 2 more dragons...with less interesting resistances) at bay was pretty amusing.
Isn't NetHack just like dungeon crawl because im bored with some games and i might download it and

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2012, 06:42:56 pm »

No, he didn't.  It's a bug with the rocket targeting, if a guy dies while a rocket he fired is in the air it does that.

Except he didn't die.

Isn't NetHack just like dungeon crawl because im bored with some games and i might download it and

It could be said Dungeon Crawl is like NetHack in that case, since NetHack's been around since the dinoaurs were using CRT monitors. Meaning it's almost as full of content as DF, since it's been constantly updated.

Also, "i might download it and". You kinda forgot to finish off the post :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:53 am »

The Third Age mod for Medieval 2 Total War.  I'm on that bit where 200 Nazgul (and one orc) march forth from the Hornburg and defeat the entire Gondorian army.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09:25 pm »

200 Nazgul
Is there any explanation of how they managed to multiply beyond the original 9?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2012, 02:14:43 pm »

Yup.  Custom battles with 'huge' unit settings ;)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9